Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/17/2006 2:27:09 PM EDT
...the first Dan Brown book to be made into a movie? I think Angels and Demons or Deception Point would have been better.

Also, the casting seems hit-or-miss. I can't tell until I see it, but I doubt Tom Hanks will be good in his role, although I have no doubt Jean Reno is the right choice for the inspector.

As much as I realize that it's pretty much all BS, I'll still see it.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 2:30:17 PM EDT
[#1]

Apparently his work wasn't good enough until he actually stole if from someone else.  

Link Posted: 3/17/2006 2:30:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Yes, it was a lot of BS. (I'm an art history buff) But it was a great read. And you make a great point. Deception Point was a great book as well. I bet they'll go back and make it as well.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 2:34:02 PM EDT
[#3]
Yup...

Link Posted: 3/17/2006 2:37:58 PM EDT
[#4]
Because "The DaVinci Code" was a bigger seller.  Hollywood wants a guaranteed hit.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 2:39:02 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Yup...

i16.photobucket.com/albums/b19/GA-Dawg/7176195.gif

No.. That's a non fiction book that Dan Brown researched for the Da Vinci Code.

This is the one he's talking about

Link Posted: 3/17/2006 2:42:38 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Yup...

images.amazon.com/images/P/0812589718.01._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-dp-500-arrow,TopRight,45,-64_AA240_SH20_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Thanks hydgirl,

I haven't read that one! Was it good? I'll have to check it out.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 2:45:46 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
...the first Dan Brown book to be made into a movie? I think Angels and Demons

Uck I hate Dan Brown, someone let me borrow that book and it was one of the worst things I have ever read. Any time he mentions a historical fact its wrong.

Yes the christian idea of communion was influenced by aztecs.

So lets see, first contact of the west with Aztecs is Cortez killing the shit out of them in 1518, and at this point he is making them take communion........... Man he really stole that FAST!

Dan Brown is an anti christian bigot.

Disclaimer: I am an Athiest, I dont care about religion. BUT I do care when someone blatently makes up historical lies claiming alot of it as fact. You know he could have brought up alot of sordid things about the churches past, but instead he chose to invent lies and claim them as fact. He is as good as Winston Smith at editing history.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 2:54:13 PM EDT
[#8]
Hey, I know any "facts" in his stories are complete garbage, like that snow-rifle and the mosquito-bot in Deception Point, and that the final ambigram in A&D was somehow unique (yeah, like I haven't seen a hundred "earth/fire/air/water" square ambigrams...), etc. But they're entertaining as pulp novels.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 3:03:24 PM EDT
[#9]
I thought the book was boring about half-way through; and not very well written.  

It did NOT live up to the hype, at all.  

Link Posted: 3/17/2006 3:27:47 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Yup...

images.amazon.com/images/P/0812589718.01._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-dp-500-arrow,TopRight,45,-64_AA240_SH20_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Thanks hydgirl,

I read most of it. It's longer and much, much more violent.

Link Posted: 3/17/2006 3:30:58 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Yup...

Thanks hydgirl,

I read most of it. It's longer and much, much more violent.

I'll take that as good!
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 4:02:24 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:
...the first Dan Brown book to be made into a movie? I think Angels and Demons

Uck I hate Dan Brown, someone let me borrow that book and it was one of the worst things I have ever read. Any time he mentions a historical fact its wrong.

Yes the christian idea of communion was influenced by aztecs.

So lets see, first contact of the west with Aztecs is Cortez killing the shit out of them in 1518, and at this point he is making them take communion........... Man he really stole that FAST!

Dan Brown is an anti christian bigot.

Disclaimer: I am an Athiest, I dont care about religion. BUT I do care when someone blatently makes up historical lies claiming alot of it as fact. You know he could have brought up alot of sordid things about the churches past, but instead he chose to invent lies and claim them as fact. He is as good as Winston Smith at editing history.

Rusted Ace-  

Just when I can't imagine liking you more, you say something that makes me think that you may be one of the canniest bastards on the planet.  You are my arfcom hero.  Whenever someone mentions Winston Smith in conversation, I owe that man a beer.  Next time you're heading towards the great white north you can collect.

Beleg
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 4:51:34 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Hey, I know any "facts" in his stories are complete garbage...

I liked the part in "Davinci" where Silus "flips off the safety on the Glock..." or something like that.
Mrs. Tanker wondered why I started blew soda all over her dash when we were driving down the road...
(Listening to the audio book copy that somebody had given her)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top