Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/17/2006 10:51:59 AM EDT
What kind do you recommend? I am replacing my dead Weber and I want to only spend less than $700 on one. I saw a Ducane at Homey D that looked nice.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 10:58:56 AM EDT
[#1]
Lowes carries the best deals in my neck of the woods.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 11:09:18 AM EDT
[#2]
I highly recommend one of the Weber Genesis models.

I have a Genesis Gold and it is without a doubt the best gas grill I've ever owned...

www.weber.com/bbq/pub/grill/2005/gas/gg_gen.aspx
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 11:11:34 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

I have a Genesis Gold and it is without a doubt the best gas grill I've ever owned...

That is the exact one in MY future once my finances are in better order.  I'll also get the rotisserie.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 11:17:01 AM EDT
[#4]
I've been shopoping for one myself lately.  Ran across this buyer's guide.  You might find it useful.

bbq.about.com/cs/grills/bb/aabyb042503.htm

According to this guy, some of the cheaper stainless grills use low-quality stainless that is prone to rusting.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 11:21:35 AM EDT
[#5]
Don't get a Commercial Char-broil. it has cheap stainless, but it does have brass burners which are a lot better than the stainless ones tha tyou find on most grills.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 11:36:49 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

That is the exact one in MY future once my finances are in better order.  I'll also get the rotisserie.

Hey Greywolf2112,

Good choice going with stainless. I don't post much but I do lurk quite a bit. I know that you recently moved to Florida. The humidity here is so high that anything other than stainless will only last a couple of years. Buy the best one you can afford. Three years ago I bought a Members Mark (Sams store brand). It has cast iron burners in lieu of the standard sheet stainless burners on most grills, I thought these would last a long time. Even the cast iron burners rust out, I have already had to replace them. I grill out at least two - three times a week. I love my gas grill.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 12:53:39 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Hey Greywolf2112,

Good choice going with stainless. I don't post much but I do lurk quite a bit. I know that you recently moved to Florida. The humidity here is so high that anything other than stainless will only last a couple of years. Buy the best one you can afford. Three years ago I bought a Members Mark (Sams store brand). It has cast iron burners in lieu of the standard sheet stainless burners on most grills, I thought these would last a long time. Even the cast iron burners rust out, I have already had to replace them. I grill out at least two - three times a week. I love my gas grill.

Howdy!  Yeah, I bought a Weber portable charcoal a few weeks ago to tide me over until my house sells and I can afford the $800 Weber Genesis Gold and Rotisserie.  I'm having a blast grilling every weekend!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top