Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/17/2006 9:51:58 AM EDT
i need to ship ammo across country, what the best recomended carrier, any thoughts, suggestions?
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 9:53:56 AM EDT
[#1]
UPS ground

Make sure to place a ORM-D sticker or you can print one and tape it to the side of the box

Link Posted: 3/17/2006 9:56:32 AM EDT
[#2]
does it need to say ammunition on the box or cartridges or anything ,thanks
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 9:57:32 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
UPS ground

Make sure to place a ORM-D sticker or you can print one and tape it to the side of the box

www.ups.com/img/en/inf_inf_haz_exa_gor.gif

What he said.

Plus, most UPS Store (Mailboxes ETC) will not take ORM-D, you have to go to the main UPS hub.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 10:01:56 AM EDT
[#4]
I ordered 100 rounds of 270 from cabelas. The box had a orange sticker on it that said small arms ammunation.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 10:04:17 AM EDT
[#5]
It's supposed to state what ORM-D commodity it is.

Link Posted: 3/17/2006 10:04:36 AM EDT
[#6]
Just curious, do they give you a hard time about shipping ORM-D stuff?

I have some Argentine .308 I wouldn't mind selling.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 10:05:05 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
does it need to say ammunition on the box or cartridges or anything ,thanks

Just ORM-D is fine I have shipped a few thousand rounds without any problems. They ask whats in it and I say Bullets.

Quoted:

No problems at all
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 10:08:18 AM EDT
[#8]
Thanks for the replies guys!  
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 10:11:37 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

No problems at all

Cool beans. Thanks for the reply.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 10:50:41 AM EDT
[#10]
I called UPS Hazmat Group a couple days ago asking about this:

Must be in a box rated ECT 32lbs/in (Edge Crush Test) if total weight is under 20lbs.
Over 20lbs the box must have someother (higher) rating, but I didn't care, so I ignored it.

Must have a sticker, or handwritten label:
        Cartridges, Small Arms
        ORM-D

The ORM-D part of the label must be enclosed in a box (see examples in previous posts). There is no specific size or color required for the notice, but it must be big enough to read clearly and should be put on at least 2 sides of the box. Using a marker to draw the label is acceptable, so is a ballpoint pen, but they prefer the marker as it is easier to read.

You can request a pickup by phone or internet (if you want to pay the extra costs for pickup), or you can deliver it to any HUB. UPS Kiosks, such as UPS Stores, Staples Shipping, Mailbox Etc can not/will not accept ORM-D shipments.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top