Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/17/2006 7:20:27 AM EDT
i have been looking at these pillows and things that prop your neck up on long drives.  horse shoe pillows.  little pillows etc.  
any advice or hints.  after 12 hours on the road my neck kills me so any help i can get would be great.  
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 7:25:52 AM EDT
[#1]
Perhaps removing that crash helmet might help.

Seriously though: tired + sore-neck + pillow + driving =

Mike
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 7:29:37 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
i have been looking at these pillows and things that prop your neck up on long drives.  horse shoe pillows.  little pillows etc.  
any advice or hints.  after 12 hours on the road my neck kills me so any help i can get would be great.  

Horse shoe pillows are for sleeping, while flying or as a passenger in a car.  I am thinking that being too comfortable behind the wheel is a very bad thing.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 7:29:49 AM EDT
[#3]
oh come on...  

i didn't say i was tired.  only that my neck get's sore.  i got a lumbar pillow for my back and i stop once or twice for gas,food and pee breaks.  i pull over and catch 2 hrs sleep if i get tired.

just looking for a pillow to go with the lumbar support.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 7:30:46 AM EDT
[#4]
Lot lizards usually relax me
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 7:35:59 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Lot lizards usually relax me

maybe but i am not touching the ones at the truck stop in Big Cabin, OK  
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 7:36:12 AM EDT
[#6]
I usually go with a
9.5* Draw Stiff Shaft
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 7:42:24 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

That's like Homer Simpson using a pistol to change TV channels so he doesn't have to get up from his chair. The only thing that would prop up your neck is a neck brace for whiplash.

On long drives, you should take breaks and stretch out regularly. If your seat is reclined too much, that may be the source of your problem.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 7:48:22 AM EDT
[#8]
Yep

Check the seat adjustment.  I couldn't figure out for the longest time why in my 1992 Olds 98 I got a horrible back and neck ache when sitting for over an hour drive.  Fixed it by sliding the seat forward half an inch - at the rear most limit (I'm tall) the seat would bind on one side just before the limit stop and be out of alignment enough to cause serious discomfort after an hour or so.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top