Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/17/2006 5:51:16 AM EDT

I don't think you can legally carry inside a Dennys due to them serving booze.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Another Deadly Shooting at a Denny's
ANAHEIM - One man was killed and another seriously injured at a Denny's restaurant in Anaheim early this morning.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Orange County police Sergeant Rick Martinez says the shooting occurred after a fight broke out between two large groups in the restaurant near the corner of Katella Avenue and State College Boulevard.
That fight spilled into the parking lot at around a quarter to three, when two men were shot.

Martinez says one of the victims re-entered the restaurant after being shot, and died inside. The other has been taken to the hospital, where he is expected to survive.

Officers found a gun near the scene, but aren't sure it's the weapon used in the shooting. Martinez says police don't believe the shooting is gang related.

The shooting is the third to occur in a Southern California Denny's in the past three days, after unrelated incidents in Pismo Beach and Ontario.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 5:52:47 AM EDT
[#1]
This is why I eat at Bob Evans. The food is better, and I can carry.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 5:58:14 AM EDT
[#2]
BAN Dennys!   - It's fo the childrenz  

Thank Gawd the Kalifornia Legistlature banned the 50 cal.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 6:00:08 AM EDT
[#3]
I know exactly where this place is at.  I used to drive pass it all the time.

Calif. Sees Week's 3rd Fatal Denny's Shooting
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 6:10:38 AM EDT
[#4]
BOHICA
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 6:13:48 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

I don't think there are Bob Evans in CA,and dammit,no IHOP here in KY.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 6:21:59 AM EDT
[#6]
It's the latest trend. School shootings are passé, and McDonalds shootings are so no longer in style. Post office massacres are still doable; it's part of the image.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 6:25:23 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I don't think there are Bob Evans in CA,and dammit,no IHOP here in KY.

You're right - no Bob Evans in Cali. You've got to come to the land of the free to dine at a Bob Evans.

I would suggest that Californians eat at Hometown Buffet, as opposed to Denny's. Those old folks never shoot anybody. When again, Grandpa Jones could shoot the place up with a Mauser...
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 6:25:51 AM EDT
[#8]
Must be the food.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 6:36:44 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 6:49:09 AM EDT
[#10]
TacJew,

Your Denny's serves booze?
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 7:13:15 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
They should put up signs in all Denny's

NO GUNS ALLOWED!

That will solve the whole problem!

Try to get a carry permit in that county.  Nothing but a hard time and grief.  Of course, that solves the problem.  
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 8:50:05 AM EDT
[#12]
That area of Anaheim is close to Angel's Stadium.  Earlier in the evening there was the international baseball classic at the stadium.  Probably some drunks hit the bars after the game, went for hotcakes, then blasted someone.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 9:06:41 AM EDT
[#13]
I just asked my coworkers if they want to go to lunch at Denny's.  

Those crazy JBTs said "yes" because they want to get into a shooting.  
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 9:09:35 AM EDT
[#14]
They'll probably kick for halves now!
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 9:12:59 AM EDT
[#15]
Hey, at least you can eat a "Grand Slam" over there & not worry about gettin hit with 50 cal.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top