Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/17/2006 5:32:55 AM EDT
i have an old Horton crossbow that works ok.  It has always been kind of slow so the bolts drop off fast but is very accurate.  I am looking to upgrade and have not paid much attention to the new bows as they come out.  I want something that is dependable and accurate and super fast.  I would like it to shoot like a laser out to about 30 yds.  My old bow must be set every 10 yds, 20 and 30 and when I shoot at 30 if your not dead on with your ranging you will miss or worse have a bad shot.  I can get feather sized groups with it at 30 but they may be 6”lower than I expect if I am off by 5 yds.

Who makes a super fast bow that is accurate?  I would rather not spend a ton of money on it.  I        

thanks
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 5:37:31 AM EDT
[#1]
They have improved , but they still  have that much drop ratio.

If you hunt make sure your bow is approved to use, as they have surpassed the 200 lb limit on many cross bows.

My state has a 200 lb limit on cross bows.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 5:38:29 AM EDT
[#2]
I have a Horton, IIRC that thing zips bolts at around 385fps 320fps, (corrected).

To tell the truth made the mistake of taking it up to farm and dad confiscated it, (seemed he like it).

Mike
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 5:47:09 AM EDT
[#3]
Excalibur and Ten Point are the two best.  Excalibur only makes recurve crossbows.  They are fast, accurate and so simple they will not go out of tune.  Ten Point makes compounds.  I don't have first hand knowledge of either all I have is a cheap Horton.

The Excalibur Forum is the place to learn about x-bows.

People hear will post nonsense like 385 fps Horton Crossbows.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 6:06:02 AM EDT
[#4]
I have a horton that is 10 years old. I don't use it much but it works good.

If I were going to buy one today I would get the Excaliber. They are very good bows and they are simple. They have nice triggers.

My uncle has one and the trigger on it is better than any of the others I've seen.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 6:12:55 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
People hear will post nonsense like 385 fps Horton Crossbows.

Excuse me, I was wrong, it's a 320fps crossbow, so sue me for forgetting, it still pretty fast.

Mike
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top