Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/16/2006 10:52:03 AM EDT
A History of Violence!

Man, that movie had some gnarly firearm action in it.
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 10:52:47 AM EDT
[#1]
... adding to Netflix queue...
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 10:56:20 AM EDT
[#2]
I just rewatched it last night adnwas grossed out by the initial shootout. When you guys see it you will know what i am referring too. Gross gargleys
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 10:56:53 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Just so I am not accused of false advertising, it is MOSTLY a drama. But it has three scenes of just brutal bloodshed.
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 10:58:02 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
A History of Violence!

I like when Tom caves the guy's face in with his fist.
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 11:07:01 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Just so I am not accused of false advertising, it is MOSTLY a drama. But it has three scenes of just brutal bloodshed.

On second thought, I would call it a thriller more than a drama. Great movie, I recommend it highly.
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 1:47:17 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:
A History of Violence!

I like when Tom caves the guy's face in with his fist.

Hell yeah! Its not just gun violence in this film. The sex/pseudo-rape scene was intense too.
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 2:16:25 PM EDT
[#7]
I liked it, except for his family's "horror" at their father's capacity for violence.  If my dad kicked some ass defending myself and my family, I'd say "Thanks for whopping that ass, Pops!"  not get all weepy and concerned that he was suddenly a stranger to me.

His wife was hot, though.

And Viggo goes all ninja at the end of the movie, destroying all credibility for the film but entertaining me immensely.
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 3:02:52 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I liked it, except for his family's "horror" at their father's capacity for violence.  If my dad kicked some ass defending myself and my family, I'd say "Thanks for whopping that ass, Pops!"  not get all weepy and concerned that he was suddenly a stranger to me.

His wife was hot, though.

And Viggo goes all ninja at the end of the movie, destroying all credibility for the film but entertaining me immensely.

I agree that his abilities are not believable. His character appears to be highly trained in the fighting arts, yet we are supposed to believe that it is all just because he was in the mob. Doesn't really add up, but it is very entertaining.
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 3:05:56 PM EDT
[#9]
The wounding/gore effects were very good, but I felt the movie on the whole was mediocre.

ETA: My personal vote for best gunshot effects goes to the shootout in the end of "Taxi Driver." Very realistic, not cheesily-obvious rubber/red paint, but also not obviously computer-generated.
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 3:15:43 PM EDT
[#10]
I always liked the scene from Godfather when Al Pachino shots the crooked cop in the head in the restaurant..
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 3:19:48 PM EDT
[#11]
Blackhawk Down
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 3:36:50 PM EDT
[#12]
The ending to the graphic novel was better, but the movie did a good job.

Kharn
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 5:04:20 PM EDT
[#13]
Sucking chest wound part of Three Kings, where it showed the bullet entering the chest cavity and the lungs collapsing.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top