Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/16/2006 8:24:39 AM EDT

www.engadget.com/2006/03/16/windows-xp-on-mac-solution-posted/

We  well knew early this morning that the XP-on-an-Intel-Mac bounty was apparently paid out, so sorry if you had your eye on that $11,000 $12,000 $13,000 bounty. But what we didn't have was the solution. Well, Colin over at windows.onmac.net still doesn't have anything much to say about it, but we think the file itself should say enough. Grab it below if you want it -- the zip includes a bootloader CD image and a how-to for getting XP on your MacBook Pro, iMac, or mini. Happy Windows-ing.
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 8:29:08 AM EDT
[#1]
also here is a video of the XP/mac at work

www.engadget.com/2006/03/15/xp-on-mactel-the-movie/
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 8:30:37 AM EDT
[#2]
All the benefits of Windows, for the price of a Mac?

How do you lose?  
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 8:32:18 AM EDT
[#3]
Why would anyone want to do that?

If anything I'd expect someone to port the (superior ) Mac OS on to cheap PC hardware.
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 8:33:15 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Why would anyone want to do that?

If anything I'd expect someone to port the (superior ) Mac OS on to cheap PC hardware.

Too late there.
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 8:36:53 AM EDT
[#5]
thats gotta be the stupidist thing i have ever seen done.  
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 8:39:05 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
thats gotta be the stupidist thing i have ever seen done.  

well, its not a bad decision for people who made a poor decision by buying a Mac in the first place ....this fixes their error in judgement
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top