Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 3/16/2006 4:00:21 AM EDT
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 4:01:34 AM EDT
[#1]
Bush should be happy she didn't show.  Why would any self-respecting politician want to associate with her?
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 4:01:49 AM EDT
[#2]
I'd still hit it.

Link Posted: 3/16/2006 4:04:49 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I'd still hit it.

Hell, I'd even hit her ugly sister.
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 4:05:27 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I'd still hit it.

Oh yea!!!!!!
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 4:05:37 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I'd still hit it.

been there done that..  its all lthe same
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 4:06:39 AM EDT
[#6]
I kind of wish more famous people would take a stand against getting involved in politics!  It does work both ways.....
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 4:10:16 AM EDT
[#7]
Good for her.  Bush has turned into a worthless pussy who hasn't done anything right since getting re-elected.  If the Republican's can't understand this is just goes to show how out of touch the Bush administration has really become.  Most people are not happy with the job Bush is doing and want to distance themselves from him.  The only reason the Republican's haven't completely left him by the side of the road is that he used to raise money for them hand over fist...but if Jessica Simpsons response is any indicator of the future Bush might not even be able to do that job for them anymore.
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 4:11:33 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I kind of wish more famous people would take a stand against getting involved in politics!  It does work both ways.....

That's what I was thinking. Actors should not say one fucking word about politics, and she, least of all, should have words about how things are run. That said, it's a bit of an insult, that might not be taken lightly.
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 4:15:30 AM EDT
[#9]
So she doesn't like the guy as a president. She wants to talk about her SMILES program, not be paraded around in his campaign
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 4:15:44 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Good for her.  Bush has turned into a worthless pussy who hasn't done anything right since getting re-elected.  If the Republican's can't understand this is just goes to show how out of touch the Bush administration has really become.  Most people are not happy with the job Bush is doing and want to distance themselves from him.  The only reason the Republican's haven't completely left him by the side of the road is that he used to raise money for them hand over fist...but if Jessica Simpsons response is any indicator of the future Bush might not even be able to do that job for them anymore.

I think the rejection of the port deal shows that the Repubs are trying to distance themselves completely away from Bush.   My only hope is that  this creates gridlock, my favorite type of legislation (less is better)!!
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 4:25:34 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Dumb cunt!!!!

www.cnn.com/2006/SHOWBIZ/03/15/simpson.bush.reut/index.html

Why does this make her a "Dumb cunt"??

There is no law or rule requiring her to show up at a Republican fundraiser.

It seems to me she would like to keep her charity away from politics as much as possible, and that isn't a bad idea, especially when there is a press that is eager to shred anyone who comes near Bush for any reason.

Now if she accepts an invitation from Hillary Clinton, she might deserve the title.
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 4:26:35 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
So she doesn't like the guy as a president.

That may be true, and then again it may not be true. But you hit the nail on the head with:

She wants to talk about her SMILES program, not be paraded around in his campaign

Indeed.
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 4:27:59 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
That's what I was thinking. Actors should not say one fucking word about politics, and she, least of all, should have words about how things are run. That said, it's a bit of an insult, that might not be taken lightly.

If the Bush people get their panties in a twist because Jessica Simpson said no to a campaign appearance, then they are absolutely looney. If they want to go after people, how about going after the stinking libtards who have actual political power for a change????
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 4:33:31 AM EDT
[#14]

even after she was offered some private face time with Bush

At least George picks the pretty ones to have "face" time with. Bill just picked whom ever was closest.
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 4:35:40 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 4:36:27 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

even after she was offered some private face time with Bush

At least George picks the pretty ones to have "face" time with. Bill just picked whom ever was closest.

Damn you beat me to it.
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 4:40:03 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
I'd still hit it.

definitly
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 4:46:06 AM EDT
[#18]
I'd go through her like a freight train through a bad intersection!
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 4:51:48 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
I'd go through her like a freight train through a bad intersection!

That is so wrong...

Link Posted: 3/16/2006 4:53:41 AM EDT
[#20]

"It just feels wrong," one Simpson insider told Reuters on Wednesday, adding that the actress keeps her political views private. "She would love to meet the president and talk about Operation Smile ... but she can't do it at a fund-raiser for the Republican Party."

Rueters Story

I don't see this as any big deal.  This is a non-story.
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 4:56:58 AM EDT
[#21]
To hell with politics!     mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm....
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 5:04:11 AM EDT
[#22]
I knew a girl in HS that was really into the Operation Smile program. It raises funds to help children in other countries get surgeries for cleft lips.
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 5:05:14 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
OMFG!!! READ HERE, ... IT'S ABOUT YOU GUYS !!!!

wow talk about hitting the nail on the fucking head.
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 5:07:33 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
I'd still hit it.

2times 2times
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 5:09:24 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:
OMFG!!! READ HERE, ... IT'S ABOUT YOU GUYS !!!!

wow talk about hitting the nail on the fucking head.

Damn straight!
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 5:14:00 AM EDT
[#26]
So she doesn't want her organization to be associated with Republican fundraising?

She said she would love to meet the president, just not during a fund raiser..

How does this make her a dumb c**t?  

Link Posted: 3/16/2006 5:33:38 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 5:35:25 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
So she doesn't want her organization to be associated with Republican fundraising?

She said she would love to meet the president, just not during a fund raiser..

How does this make her a dumb c**t?  

Yep, that's a bit harsh...
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 5:49:43 AM EDT
[#29]
Like a screen door......
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 5:55:06 AM EDT
[#30]
I don’t understand you guys who are condemning Jessica for not attending the Republican fund raiser. In a day and age where more and more Hollywierd types use their positions to advance their political views, Jessica is keeping quite on hers.

She supports our troops by visiting with them overseas, when quite a few actors say they support the troops but that’s where their support ends.

It just feels wrong," one Simpson insider told Reuters Wednesday, adding that the actress keeps her political views private. "She would love to meet the president and talk about Operation Smile ... but she can't do it at a fund-raiser for the Republican Party.

Jessica simply doesn’t want her organization to be affiliated with any political group and I can respect that.

Why can’t you?

As mentioned earlier, you’d really be crying if she attended a fund raiser as a guest of Hitlery Klinton!
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 5:57:34 AM EDT
[#31]

The blond star of the film "The Dukes of Hazzard" still plans to visit Washington Thursday to lobby members of Congress on behalf of Operation Smile, a non-profit venture offering free plastic surgery for disadvantaged children overseas with facial deformities.

That pretty much tells you where Hollyweird priorities lie.  We must bring plastic surgery to the poor children of the world so they can feel better about themselves like we do!
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 6:02:54 AM EDT
[#32]
No. She's smart as a fvck*ng whip.

Its all about keeping your name and face in the media.

She'll get more coverage out of this then a new movie premiere.

She'll leverage this into huge opportunities for interviews and coverage for both her and her charity.

Dumb is not a word I'd use here. More like smart and or calculating.

She'll be the media darling for a while. It'll help her get the word out and more face time.
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 6:06:32 AM EDT
[#33]

Link Posted: 3/16/2006 6:07:56 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
So she doesn't like the guy as a president. She wants to talk about her SMILES program, not be paraded around in his campaign

I concur sir.
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 6:11:13 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
Dumb cunt!!!!

www.cnn.com/2006/SHOWBIZ/03/15/simpson.bush.reut/index.html

What are you?  A fucking communist?  People shouldn't be allowed to dislike republicans?  
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 6:13:23 AM EDT
[#36]
well... It sounds as though she can
atleast listen to "her people"..
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 6:15:09 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
That pretty much tells you where Hollyweird priorities lie.  We must bring plastic surgery to the poor children of the world so they can feel better about themselves like we do!

That is not at all true. A cleft palate is a serious problem, and the deformities children suffer can dramatically impact their lives.

If you don't think this is a problem that ought to be fixed, then you are wrong.

We aren't talking about giving breast implants to divorcees here. We are talking about surgery that can dramatically impact the quality of life for the beneficiary for the better.

There are legitimate reasons for plastic surgery. It isn't all about bimbos who want bigger boobs.
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 6:15:53 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Dumb cunt!!!!

What are you?  A fucking communist?

I love this website.....
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 6:25:39 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

The blond star of the film "The Dukes of Hazzard" still plans to visit Washington Thursday to lobby members of Congress on behalf of Operation Smile, a non-profit venture offering free plastic surgery for disadvantaged children overseas with facial deformities.

no. that's not actually right and if you knew what this was about you wouldn't be so quick to denigrate it. the program helps children that are horribly deformed. and not just harelips. I'm talking cleft palate such that their sinus cavities are exposed. I saw a program on it at a photojournalist seminar and it was shocking.

there are certain countries/areas, most often Latin America, where either their environment or genetics makes an unusually high number of birth deformities and this is where Smiles program works. and if I remember, all the surgical and support teams doing this work are doing it unpaid and taking personal leave or vacation time. this is a good thing they do. it's not just about kids feeling good about themselves. some of these kids look like monsters.

sorry to rant but it's something that people need to be aware of. I applaud what she's doing even if I am somewhat suspect about her motivation.

edit: whew, just saw JohnWayne777's photo... see what I mean?
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 6:39:12 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
No. She's smart as a fvck*ng whip.

Snip

Dumb is not a word I'd use here. More like smart and or calculating.

Snip

How soon we forget.

"You've done a great job decorating the White House." [to U.S. Secretary of the Interior Gale Ann Norton]

Her last interaction with politicians did not go well.
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 6:46:23 AM EDT
[#41]
Why would any politician want to be identified with her?  AND why should the government pay for her pet projects around the world?  She's got money...let her pay for it herself!
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 6:56:39 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
Why would any politician want to be identified with her?  

Do you need a hint?

Link Posted: 3/16/2006 6:56:55 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

I could eat a box of AlphaBits and crap a better idea than that.
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 6:59:25 AM EDT
[#44]
Hickory-dickory dock,
Jessica Simpson was _______ __ ____;
The clock struck two,
I dumped my goo,
And dropped her off at the next block!

(apologies to the Diceman)
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 7:04:40 AM EDT
[#45]
Big deal.

It is very well known she supports the President and does USO tours for the troops.

Damn she is fine.
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 7:10:17 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:
Big deal.

It is very well known she supports the President and does USO tours for the troops.

Damn she is fine.

As I recall, she was the first entertainer in CENTCOM AOR after 9-11.

I spent a couple of days flying her around the TRBATGRU .
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 7:10:48 AM EDT
[#47]
Didn't her ex really blow a good deal.  What a dumb ass
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 7:19:12 AM EDT
[#48]
Shit like this pisses me right the fuck off....

WTF?!?!?!

WHAT ABOUT OUR OWN PEOPLE!
Nobody gives one red damn fuck about children in the states or people who can't afford skyrocketing costs of healthcare, CHARITY BEGINS AT HOME! What does multi-million dollar surgery for some starving kid in Africa do for the USA? Why do MY tax dollars go to this bull.fucking,shit,

GOD DAMN HIPPIES.
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 7:21:16 AM EDT
[#49]
Who in God's earth would care what she says?
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 7:24:36 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:
Shit like this pisses me right the fuck off....

WTF?!?!?!

WHAT ABOUT OUR OWN PEOPLE!
Nobody gives one red damn fuck about children in the states or people who can't afford skyrocketing costs of healthcare, CHARITY BEGINS AT HOME! What does multi-million dollar surgery for some starving kid in Africa do for the USA? Why do MY tax dollars go to this bull.fucking,shit,

GOD DAMN HIPPIES.

Google is your friend....

www.operationsmile.org/programs/patients/carenet/#physicians

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top