Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/15/2006 7:40:43 PM EDT
I'm curious if people on this forum are following actions within their state legislatures related to changes in CCW permit rules.

In checking the Idaho Legislature Home Page, I noticed the Senate is proposing to make it legal to carry a concealed (and loaded) weapon in any vehicle.  Here is the proposed language:

(7)  Except  in the person's place of abode or fixed place of business, on
property in which the person has any ownership or leasehold interest, or while
the person is in any motor vehicle, a  person  shall  not  carry  a  concealed
weapon without a license to carry a concealed weapon. For the purposes of this
section,  a  concealed weapon means any dirk, dirk knife, bowie knife, dagger,
pistol, revolver, or any other deadly or dangerous weapon. The  provisions  of
this section shall not apply to any lawfully possessed shotgun or rifle.

Currently, it is illegal to carry a loaded concealed weapon in an automobile without a CCW permit.
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 7:51:48 PM EDT
[#1]

(7) Except in the person's place of abode or fixed place of business, on
property in which the person has any ownership or leasehold interest, or while
the person is in any motor vehicle, a person shall not carry a concealed
weapon without a license to carry a concealed weapon.

Well I'm not a lawyer but I read this to say it is ok to ccw when:

- in abode
- on your property
- in any motor vehicle

Looks like a good change to me. Probably not much chance of that happening here. We have had the ambiguous bit about "on the way to and from hunting, range," but that is probably in the eye of the beholder.
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 8:00:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Changes? Hell, were still trying to get a CCW.
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 8:01:27 PM EDT
[#3]
It looks as if MI is going to pass a new one allowing a spouse with a CCW can legally carry their counterparts gun. Waiting on Gov. sig. last I saw. My wifes CCW class will be put off no longer.
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 8:05:23 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
It looks as if MI is going to pass a new one allowing a spouse with a CCW can legally carry their counterparts gun. Waiting on Gov. sig. last I saw. My wifes CCW class will be put off no longer.

That's against the law? Do you have certain guns listed on your CCW or something?
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 8:06:40 PM EDT
[#5]
Indiana's in the process...nearly complete (and will be signed by Gov) to make "Lifetime CCW's" available.  No word yet on cost.

Currently, ours must be renewed every 4 years.
Woohoo for us!  
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 8:07:27 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

That's against the law? Do you have certain guns listed on your CCW or something?

No, they're registerd to a name. As it stands now you can only CCW a gun in YOUR name.
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 4:45:51 AM EDT
[#7]
Yes, Indiana is getting ready to offer a lifetime carry permit.
OOPS, I did'nt read em all before I posted.
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 4:47:46 AM EDT
[#8]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top