Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/15/2006 7:27:31 PM EDT
So, I guess I'm a little behind the times.  Curiosity finally got the best of me, and I did a search to find out who this Jack Bauer guy is that I see mentioned here so much.  24... I'd heard of it, seen many threads here about it (which I never opened), but I don't really watch tv.  But what I read (which, revealed a few of the secrets that probably would have been better to find out as I watched), got me interested in the show.  Actually, it was Boortz mentioning it the other day that made me decide to check it out.

I added the first season DVDs to my Netflix queue, and received the first 3 discs on Monday.

In 3 nights, I've watched all 12 episodes (the other 12 are coming tomorrow or Friday).  All I can say is, wow... what an incredible show!  I just couldn't stop watching.  I guess that's the downside to having it on dvd, "just one more episode, then I'll go to bed."

I'm wondering... do subsequent seasons pick up the day after this one leaves off?  Or do they pick a different 24 hour period some time in the future? (I don't want to search anymore online, so as to not spoil any other surprises).

Also, even if I had not already found out that Bauer's wife gets killed, one of the episodes contained a blatant giveaway... they're in the hospital, and they start talking about how they're all going to go on a trip together when this whole thing is over.  Textbook... in a movie or TV show, NEVER talk about all the fun stuff you're going to do after you get out of your bad situation, or you're a goner.  :-)

--Mike
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 10:34:06 PM EDT
[#1]
No, each season has a long span of time between.  Some more than others.  I have been a faithful watcher since season 1.  They only get better, I would have to say they are way to adictive.  My wife knows that there will be no plans made for monday nights.  That is a standing rule since before we were married.
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 10:44:49 PM EDT
[#2]
I finished the last of season four ten minutes ago.

I don't want to start season five in the middle.  Have to wait for the end of the season, I guess.

They have websites where you can download shows but even though they say they are legal my guess is that they are not.

I like the DVDs.  Nice to get the hour show in 42  mins.
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 12:05:12 AM EDT
[#3]
Jack bought a cat and named it Chuck Norris because Jack needed a pussy
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 12:35:24 AM EDT
[#4]
Just remember that it's just a TV show, Entertainment, not a documentary. Some people get to caught up in the mistakes, or the fact that 3 weeks worth of stuff happens in 1 day (Some seasons are worse on this point), so just sit back and enjoy Jack.

ETA: fixed it guess I had no idea what language I originally wrote this in.
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 9:42:27 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Just remember that it's just a TV show, Entertainment, not a documentary. Some people get to caught up in the mistakes, or the fact that 3 weeks worth of stuff happens in 1 day (Some seasons are worse on this point), to be able to just enjoy Jack.

For traveling all over LA in the middle of the day, they sure get places fast.  Even if they have lights and sirens.
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 5:07:12 PM EDT
[#6]
I should be receiving the 2nd half of the 1st season tomorrow... wife and kids will be away this weekend... BINGE!

--Mike
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 5:12:12 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I should be receiving the 2nd half of the 1st season tomorrow... wife and kids will be away this weekend... BINGE!

--Mike

Wife and I did '24' weekends renting the DVDs and watching them all weekend... We have fallen behind now a season or two, but 24 is good stuff.
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 5:24:09 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Just remember that it's just a TV show, Entertainment, not a documentary. Some people get to caught up in the mistakes, or the fact that 3 weeks worth of stuff happens in 1 day (Some seasons are worse on this point), to be able to just enjoy Jack.

For traveling all over LA in the middle of the day, they sure get places fast.  Even if they have lights and sirens.

I think they might use some of those Mexican tunnels...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top