Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/15/2001 10:03:17 AM EDT
Why is RGUNS still advertising here? I remember seeing a ways back that it was being evaluated by the mods.

This crap is still going on....eating valuable bandwidth.
[url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?id=40092[/url]

If someone consistently delivers poor customer service, why does AR15.com act as a conduit for this company?

All these complaints and flame fests don't strike me as petty little things that the staff should be ignoring.

This is a GREAT website and I am grateful for the recent improvements. I've had nothing but positive sales experiences here so far. I'd hate to be some new join who gets screwed by this guy and then have his personal info posted and insulted by the business owner when he complains about the product.

Link Posted: 8/15/2001 10:14:22 AM EDT
[#1]
Simple...$$$$$

He pays advertising which helps keep this site going.

If he wants to pay this site for advertising and then get slammed in the forums...more power to him. He is such an A-hole. Anyone that reads his posts should no better than to buy from him.

And for people looking to make a purchase...The Romans had a saying: Caveat Emptor (Buyer Beware) That is true everywhere. I see several people ask about KMA/Rogernut/RGUNS in the forums and it doesn't take long to get him on a hook and see his shark-like personality.

So Banner away RGUNS...thanks for keeping this site going...but I will never NEVER EVER EVER buy a thing from RGUNS. I base that not on what others have stated, but what RGUNS has demonstrated himself.
Link Posted: 8/15/2001 10:15:16 AM EDT
[#2]
I personally would never buy from RGUNS after what I've seen them say on here, but it's not AR15.com's role to influence my buying habits, judge the character of sellers, or protect me as a consumer.  I think that KMA is an idiot and if his banner goes away then great, however as long as he wants to support AR15.com with his AD $ then let him.

Link Posted: 8/15/2001 10:40:08 AM EDT
[#3]
[edited cuz i'm stupid hehe]
Link Posted: 8/15/2001 10:41:41 AM EDT
[#4]
OK scratch that. I have them backwards. Hehehe [:P]
Link Posted: 8/15/2001 2:07:36 PM EDT
[#5]
It seems that the majority of people who have posted negative comments (relating from the personal address posting and I did read the original posts), have never even dealt with RGUNS. I recently did buy from them and got what I ordered quickly and for a fair price. It is easy to always place the blame on a business when something goes wrong but they are human too.
I agree the owner has not the best people skills but shipping charges add up quickly and can be a large expendure for a company. Until I get screwed or hear something other than the same old stories about one person pissed off because he didn't like mixed headstamps and another one didn't get what he envisioned as a teflon coated mag, I will still do business with them.
Link Posted: 8/15/2001 2:22:48 PM EDT
[#6]
Well I've been to their store and met them face to face. I wouldn't buy mags from them for a dollar each.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Specifics.

A few years ago, while passing the RGuns table at a gunshow, Roger's stormtrooper buddy/business partner decided my girlfriend was Jewish because she was a brunette. This apparantly gave him the right to "comment." That incident, along with KKK and other white supremecist banners and logos in their store pretty much sealed it for me. I realize this may spur some of you to deal with them. But as a member of one of the "mud" races, I'd rather not finance people who would just as soon see me stamped out of existance.
Link Posted: 8/15/2001 2:45:09 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Well I've been to their store and met them face to face. I wouldn't buy mags from them for a dollar each.
View Quote

Could you be more specific as to why?
Link Posted: 8/15/2001 2:49:37 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Until I get screwed or hear something other than the same old stories about one person pissed off because he didn't like mixed headstamps and another one didn't get what he envisioned as a teflon coated mag, I will still do business with them.
View Quote

I think the main concern with that old story was that the dealer posted the buyer's physical address and other personal info on the internet.  I think he may have threatened calling authorities, but I might just have that mixed up with Todd Bailey of SW.

Personally, I won't buy from them, but I'll leave it up to others to make their own decision on the matter, so the RGUNS ad no longer bothers me anymore.
Link Posted: 8/15/2001 3:35:12 PM EDT
[#9]
No problem with Roger here, have done and will continue to do business with him.
Link Posted: 8/15/2001 4:01:40 PM EDT
[#10]
Its pretty strange that all of the positive comments for RGUNS usually have less than 20 posts!!
Link Posted: 8/15/2001 4:30:39 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 8/16/2001 12:33:13 PM EDT
[#12]
I've had an ongoing problem with them for 3 years now. I had problems with merchandise that over 3 orders and several phone calls were not resolved. At that point I told them "not interested". They refused to take the order back, threatened and intimidated my wife. We get a letter from them every 6 months or so on about the same level. This is why I don't use paypal,money orders,etc. At least with a credit card I have some recourse and master card agreed with me.
When I responded to the post about revealing one customers identity and the threat about calling the local police on him they sent me a letter referring to me as "dr jarhead" and attempted to intimidate me further.
Its fine with me if they spend their money here but I'd be careful spending your money with them.
Link Posted: 8/16/2001 1:35:28 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

--------------------------------------------------------------

Specifics.

A few years ago, while passing the RGuns table at a gunshow, Roger's stormtrooper buddy/business partner decided my girlfriend was Jewish because she was a brunette. This apparantly gave him the right to "comment." That incident, along with KKK and other white supremecist banners and logos in their store pretty much sealed it for me. I realize this may spur some of you to deal with them. But as a member of one of the "mud" races, I'd rather not finance people who would just as soon see me stamped out of existance.
View Quote

What the fu--???  Wow, scratch one dealer off the list!
Link Posted: 8/16/2001 1:56:57 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
No problem with Roger here, have done and will continue to do business with him.
View Quote

IMHO   Rogernut/KMA/RGUNS=Savanah

I say this only because Savanah should have two n's. The misspelling combined with underhanded posting tactics used in past (e.g. posting while posing as a satisfied customer) leads me to believe it so.

If not, I apologize. Judge for yourself.

I'm probably wrong...but it [i] is [/i] odd that of savanah's three posts, two are in response to RGUNS posts (and positive remarks)

But then again...savanah [i] can [/i] spell and has not wished everyone a good day after cussing them out?!?!?

just observations from a lunatic.

Roy D.
Link Posted: 8/16/2001 3:27:03 PM EDT
[#15]
Yeah, Roy, they've pulled that crap plenty of times now. I assumed it was them myself. Seems like the only ones supporting them are themselves. If brain transplants are ever perfected they may actually be able to pull it off.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top