Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/15/2006 6:33:57 PM EDT
Or do they just suck hind tit now compared to the Inn'er net.

I shudder when I go to a show nowadays.

Its not that I dont like going its that I sometimes cant stomach what the prices are.

Seriously though, I've scored some super Svweet deals on the o'll ARfcom.com.com.net.org.mil.com
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 6:39:40 PM EDT
[#1]
No,  the prices did!!!
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 6:50:06 PM EDT
[#2]
I think we just shut down the jerky booth.
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 6:50:32 PM EDT
[#3]
I must be lucky as one of the shows here in Nashville is still decent. As for pricing, buyer beware, as always.

For those who buy internet only, I offer that if everyone did that, there'd be no more gun shows at all. No ammo, holster dealers either. I don't begrudge a dealer making a few $$$ as he pays for his gas to get there, his motel room, his table rental, his meals, etc. etc. All to hear some guy say, "I can get it $X cheaper on the internet".  

And I would like to point out that gun shows offer the opportunity to handle whatever gun we're thinking about buying before we actually buy it. Ditto for mags, holsters, etc.

My .o2
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 6:52:36 PM EDT
[#4]
  It did for me, Everything I see on the table I say to myself , "I can get that cheaper" on-line or in a mail-order catalog.
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 6:56:55 PM EDT
[#5]
A gunshow was in town this past weekend. It was the first I completely passed up in about 7 years. The past couple of years of going to gunshows just put me in a foul mood for the rest of the day, so this year I just ignored it.

Ten-twenty years ago, the shows had stuff you couldn't find anywhere else in your town. Now, the internet is cheaper and easier. The guys at the show are just too stubborn or greedy to adapt and compete.
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 6:59:49 PM EDT
[#6]
I still go to the show to stock up on Indian artifacts and beanie babies.  
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 7:00:23 PM EDT
[#7]
Gunshows in the 80's were SWEET!!

Now the seem to be filled with dealers too dumb to figure out how to use a computer to sell on the interweb.

Link Posted: 3/15/2006 7:00:55 PM EDT
[#8]
Some of my earliest memories are going to a gun show with my Pa

Now he cant stand shows and I get just like someone else said.  In a foul mood.
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 7:02:16 PM EDT
[#9]
Gun shows have sucked for man many years now. Since the late 80's anyway.
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 7:03:44 PM EDT
[#10]
the shows around here have blown ass lately.  the whole idea stated does make sense.... i havent noticed many Evil Black rifles at the shows lately but the state fair show is next weekend, thats always a good one.  last 5 years though you always just get the no-name .22s going for $175, or high-tecs going for way too much. last show i went to i only saw ONE AR upper for sale. weird.
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 7:06:42 PM EDT
[#11]
There are still deals out there. I bought some H&K93 magazines last week off a dealer who didn't know their true value.

And you can still get deals on private sales. I don't go as often, but I still go.

Link Posted: 3/15/2006 7:09:34 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Now the seem to be filled with dealers too dumb to figure out how to use a computer to sell on the interweb.

Ha, I used to love the old Bill Goodman shows at the Light Guard Armory... them's were the days.

I still go to 1-2 shows a year personally. The last one I was at though (Birch Run for the MI folks) didn't even have any worthy ammo to buy. Kinda sucked frankly.
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 7:11:03 PM EDT
[#13]
the show always opens early for the dealers.  we go around and snatch up all the good deals and resell them to you at absurd prices.  

seriously.  i had a guy last year buy a tripod for a good price, walk 20 ft, put it on his table for i think $150 more.  
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 7:14:39 PM EDT
[#14]
The last 3 gunshows all I bought was ammo..
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 7:16:30 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
the show always opens early for the dealers.  we go around and snatch up all the good deals and resell them to you at absurd prices.  

seriously.  i had a guy last year buy a tripod for a good price, walk 20 ft, put it on his table for i think $150 more.  

Yea I remember that guy.  Then he tried to tell me he brought it from home, and it was original!  A true fucker
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 7:24:16 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
The last 3 gunshows all I bought was ammo..

Ditto.  I don't expect to find good deals on guns, except the occasional used gun.  Ammo cans, ammo, and accessories/parts are what I normally see decent price on at the gun shows.  

Personally, I just like to go and fondle the guns.
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 7:28:38 PM EDT
[#17]
I was a recent gun show here in town. Helping my buddy pick out an AR. Plus I volunteered to work the door for the local gun club. At one table a guy had a Beta C-Mag so I asked how much.  He replied $425.00 I statered laughing, he said it was pre-ban and I almost fell on the floor laughing, Him got his feelers hurt.  I said you know those are available on the internet for about $245.00 complete with lube, pouch, and loader  he just looked at me like I just pissed in his cereal.
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 7:33:25 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Ha, I used to love the old Bill Goodman shows at the Light Guard Armory... them's were the days.

I still go to 1-2 shows a year personally. The last one I was at though (Birch Run for the MI folks) didn't even have any worthy ammo to buy. Kinda sucked frankly.

Those were my favorite!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top