Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/15/2006 6:06:33 PM EDT
...My life insurance at my regular job?

Wife has a problem with me doing it (period).  But one of her arguements is that it will void any policy that I have.   She's a 16 year Allstate employee; but my insurance is NOT Allstate (at my job anyway) and I really don't know the answer.  Obviously I'm still jockeying to make the class.
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 6:09:12 PM EDT
[#1]
IM going to say no, since I know alot of people that do this.
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 6:21:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 6:21:26 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Are they otherwise Firefighters for their regular jobs??
(I know that sounds crazy but I know some full time guys who work the Plants and belong to the local FD).
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 6:34:38 PM EDT
[#4]
Check the exclusions on your policy.  Depends on the policy and how old the policy is.  Most exclusions are only for the first two years of the policy such as piolting plains or skydiving.  Worst case call the insurance company and ask.
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 6:39:51 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Are they otherwise Firefighters for their regular jobs??
(I know that sounds crazy but I know some full time guys who work the Plants and belong to the local FD).

Nope, normal stuff.
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 12:04:50 PM EDT
[#6]
I highly doubt it there also be a State issued plan for FF's speaking from my 12 years & being a Lt we have ins from the state for Life,medical (LODI), there is also FASNY firemas ass state of ny which has extra ins for its members as well  $10 a year but no isues with any other types of ins
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 12:07:17 PM EDT
[#7]
I have been a Vol for over 10 years...

I have more Insurance than I care to have.
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 12:30:55 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I have been a Vol for over 10 years...

I have more Insurance than I care to have.

Yeah, most Vol depts will have insurance to cover you.
Hell my insurance covers me ALL the time, not just when I'm doing dept stuff.
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 2:49:05 PM EDT
[#9]
Call the Insurance company and ask them, also have them put the reply in written form and send it to you. I will very good to have this info in writting if they say you are covered. Should (God forbid) something happen you have a written statement of coverage.
If they tell you that you are not covered the local news media would love this kind of info about how "Big Insurance" treats those who wish to protect the comminity. Bad press is one thing they do not want.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top