Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/15/2006 3:33:18 PM EDT
Got a little extra money burning a hole in my pocket. Always thought the m96 was a cool weapon.

Anyone have one?

How do you like it?
Posistives and negatives?
Durability?
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 3:36:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Great Idea, shitty implementation and follow through... The XCR might be better if it EVER comes out...
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 5:10:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Its pretty Heavy too
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 5:13:21 PM EDT
[#3]
It is a cool looking rifle, but there were a number of problems with them when they came out. Several people had barrels go downrange.

They are overpriced, and don't seem to do anything that an AR-15 can't.
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 5:14:58 PM EDT
[#4]
I had a friend that had one as his primary rifle. He liked it.
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 5:18:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Spend that money on a hi quality AR, Fal or AK.

Robinson blows bat cocks.
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 5:29:03 PM EDT
[#6]
The balance is very front-heavy. The example I looked at was well-made, and the trigger was pretty good for a military-style rifle. I think the takedown and reassembly process is a bit too complex, and I had trouble getting the op rod attached to the bolt carrier; they're attached by a little spring-loaded button and I had trouble getting the bolt carrier and op rod lined up so the two could engage. It seemed highly controllable, and the big honkin' bolt carrier makes felt recoil very low, even for a .223. The example I shot was dead reliable.

If you've already got a dozen ARs it's a nice change of pace. It certainly wouldn't be the first .223 rifle I'd recommend, or the second, but if you've already got a significant collection and money to burn it's a worthwhile addition.  Twenty years from now they'll probably be oddities and somewhat rare, like the AR-18.
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 6:17:18 PM EDT
[#7]
Here's a board dedicated to it. The amount of activity there may be an indication of the weapon's popularity.
www.m96.org/postnuke/html/index.php

At least try the interactive "Build your own M96" while you're there.
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 7:22:34 AM EDT
[#8]
It would be cool if they had a beltfed upper,which I guess originally was the plan. Anyone know if they still plan on doing that?
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 7:24:44 AM EDT
[#9]
Robinson Arms refuses to thread the muzzles on the Veprs, and insist on set-screw muzzle accessories.
They have been hard at work for 2+ years on an Ace folder stock that costs $200.
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 7:25:15 AM EDT
[#10]
Run away and don't look back...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top