Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/15/2006 10:27:24 AM EDT
I have a Aimpoint and dont know what to do with it, I thought it would be pretty nice to put it my m1a but then again it might make it pretty accurate out to 200 meters but after that Irons probably would be a whole lot better.

maybe I will put it on my m4gery and make it a up close weapon
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 10:28:52 AM EDT
[#1]
Why not, you can acquire your target much faster in combat situations, and for aging eyes so much the better for shooting from a bench.
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 10:32:33 AM EDT
[#2]
Maybe not counterproductive... IIRC they're higher up than EOTechs are. I have an EO on my Scout, and as it is, that's more of a "chin-weld" instead of a cheek-weld.

Wait, didn't one of the guys playing Shughart or Gordon in BHD have an M1a with an Aimpoint on it? Do that.
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 10:41:35 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Maybe not counterproductive... IIRC they're higher up than EOTechs are. I have an EO on my Scout, and as it is, that's more of a "chin-weld" instead of a cheek-weld.

Wait, didn't one of the guys playing Shughart or Gordon in BHD have an M1a with an Aimpoint on it? Do that.

i dont know, seems like a sniper would want some magnification.
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 10:43:23 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

In BHD one of them (can't remember which) had an Aimpoint on his M14... You could do worse than emulate that
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 2:56:46 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

In BHD one of them (can't remember which) had an Aimpoint on his M14... You could do worse than emulate that

sweet setup!
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 3:02:46 PM EDT
[#6]

Would a Aimpoint m68 be counter productive on a m1a?

I don't believe it to be as such.

Link Posted: 3/15/2006 3:21:01 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I have a Aimpoint and dont know what to do with it

Then send it to me!
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 4:02:01 PM EDT
[#8]
IIRC the Norwegians issue Aimpoints to put on G3s, so don't see why it would be a bad idea on an M1A.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top