Posted: 3/15/2006 9:45:59 AM EDT
looks like a custom 1911...

not really unemployed just had surgery, tryin to recover
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 9:52:17 AM EDT
[#1]
These things happen!
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 9:54:02 AM EDT
[#2]
Nash used a custom Colt Commander (4" bbl) in .38 Super with a compensator and a few other goodies.  Ends up the same length as a 5" Govt model.

Google it, there's a site about it with some pictures.  
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 10:00:15 AM EDT
[#3]
I tried to watch "Nash Bridges" once.
It turned out to be the episode that opened with Nash at the police firing range.  He was walking from the range when another police officer had an ND that ended up grazing Nash in the butt.

I never tried to watch that show again.
The unstated message was that firearms are so insidiously dangerous that "even police officers" cannot handle them safely.

Like I need bullshit like that in my life.
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 10:06:31 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
It turned out to be the episode that opened with Nash at the police firing range.  He was walking from the range when another police officer had an ND that ended up grazing Nash in the butt.

The unstated message was that firearms are so insidiously dangerous that "even police officers" cannot handle them safely.

Really? the show is kinda hoakey but entertaining, especially on vicodin  Seems like its more of a pro gun message.

Nash was saying how when he was growing up everyone had a gun but they knew how to use them safely and he use to love to shoot.
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 10:07:39 AM EDT
[#5]
all i remember is that its a .38super in a 1911 setup....
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 11:35:12 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Really? the show is kinda hoakey but entertaining, especially on vicodin  Seems like its more of a pro gun message.

Nash was saying how when he was growing up everyone had a gun but they knew how to use them safely and he use to love to shoot.

Well, 1911, that's possible.
I've been known to be wrong in the past.
But then again, you know us gun nuts.  We have hair trigger sensitivity to anything at all possibly derogatory about our interests.
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 4:58:39 PM EDT
[#7]
tag for now
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 5:00:28 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Seems like its more of a pro gun message.

except for the whole filmed in san frangayco thing.  

it's good for mindless entertainment....which is usually what people on vicodin prefer.  

hope you're feeling better soon.
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 6:04:14 PM EDT
[#9]
All the pages are gone now but I remember back in the day from the old Rysher.com Nash Bridges forums that it was a two tone Sig of some type in .38 Super. They even had a special page with the armorer from the show. The big argument back then was not that it was a .38 but it was a two tone Sig. They were unheard of at the time. This would have been 97/98/99 or there abouts.

I have slept since then though.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top