Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/15/2006 9:16:25 AM EDT
SHTF TEOTWAWKI 1918 pandemic all over again etc etc.

Do you believe human to human bird flu will happen with the next 12 months?
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 9:17:14 AM EDT
[#1]
I hope not. If so the Mrs is a goner.
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 9:18:06 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

...........and that's a problem, WHY?  
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 9:18:08 AM EDT
[#3]
It it goes from human to human it wouldn't be called bird flu... it would be called human flu.
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 9:20:30 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 9:21:36 AM EDT
[#5]
I have trouble getting excited about this sort of thing anymore.

I'll believe it when I see it.
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 9:29:24 AM EDT
[#6]
I had to take a "course" on bird flu.  First they tell you that it is epidemic in the making and is likely to cause a worldwide issue.  They then proceed to tell you that it is extremely difficult to pass from human to human and the only way you will get it is if you work around sick chickens, breathing in their fecal dust.  

It will blow over.
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 9:35:37 AM EDT
[#7]
With 6 billion people on the planet, it is only a matter of time before something zaps us.  If not the bird flu, then a different flu.  If somebody with a cold/flu gets bird flu, there could be a superflu. I doubt it will happen in the next 6 months.
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 9:43:20 AM EDT
[#8]
I think a pandemic is coming, whether it's the H5N1 or some other random combination of numbers and letters.

We've had SARS and West Nile virus scares before... I don't think people were as concerned with them as everyone is over H5N1 but I could easily be wrong.
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 10:56:11 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
 They then proceed to tell you that in it's current form it is extremely difficult to pass from human to human and the only way you will get it is if you work around sick chickens, breathing in their fecal dust.  
quote]

fixed it for you. What has the people in the know scared is the next mutation.

rj

Link Posted: 3/15/2006 10:57:22 AM EDT
[#10]
All hype, nothing more.
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 11:00:56 AM EDT
[#11]
Maybe.

I don't want to be caught with my pants down when it does either.

We should be safe until next winter though right?
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 11:02:05 AM EDT
[#12]
I'm more affraid of GLOBAL WARMING!

"WE DIDN"T LISTEN!"
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 12:11:32 PM EDT
[#13]
Nope, all hype.  Sure has been a Godsend for my favorite gun shop though.
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 12:18:37 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

...........and that's a problem, WHY?  

If his wife is the one that had her pics posted on GD awhile back (when it was legal).

I'm gonna miss her too!!!

Link Posted: 3/15/2006 12:22:36 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Maybe.

We should be safe until next winter though right?

What are you planning on *doing* about it?  
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 12:26:58 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

yup.  

the jaunta virus(a local thing) was supposed to have infected everyones homes and then kill us.  nobody got sick.

i was kind of worried when west nile came around.  but nothing happend.

then sars showed up.  it was supposed to be pretty bad, but once again, nothing.

now the bird flue is here.  "oh teh noes!!!!  it's going to mutate and kill everyone!  once it's done killing us, bird flu will have it's way with our dead bodies and torch our homes.  OMG!!!!!!1111111!!!!"

this is all hype.  nothing is going to happen.  seriously.
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 12:28:22 PM EDT
[#17]
I hope it does. There are too many people in traffic during my morning commute to work.
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 12:30:44 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

yup.  

the jaunta virus(a local thing) was supposed to have infected everyones homes and then kill us.  nobody got sick.

i was kind of worried when west nile came around.  but nothing happend.

then sars showed up.  it was supposed to be pretty bad, but once again, nothing.

now the bird flue is here.  "oh teh noes!!!!  it's going to mutate and kill everyone!  once it's done killing us, bird flu will have it's way with our dead bodies and torch our homes.  OMG!!!!!!1111111!!!!"

this is all hype.  nothing is going to happen.  seriously.

You forgot the pandemonium we had during Y2K! Disease, pestilence, scourge and....nada.
The horror!
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 12:34:16 PM EDT
[#19]
Just look for the symtoms of bird flu, nausea, fever, dry mouth, and of course the uncontrollable urge to shit on someones windshield.
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 12:45:15 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Maybe.

That is not how you catch it.
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 12:51:42 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Quoted:
 They then proceed to tell you that in it's current form it is extremely difficult to pass from human to human and the only way you will get it is if you work around sick chickens, breathing in their fecal dust.  
quote]

fixed it for you. What has the people in the know scared is the next mutation.

rj

Great, now we all have zombie chickens to look forward too?!  
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 1:03:06 PM EDT
[#22]
To answer the question, one should be properly informed rather than basing their reliance / new found beliefs solely on the MSM.

Try Google for: Grattan Woodson, MD, FACP. Preparing for the Coming Influenza Pandemic.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top