Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/15/2006 7:17:35 AM EDT

"If I could have gotten 51 votes in the Senate of the United States for an outright ban, picking up every one of them, Mr. and Mrs. America, turn 'em all in, I would have done it." – Senator Dianne Feinstein, CBS-TV's 60 Minutes, February 5, 1995.

Link Posted: 3/15/2006 7:32:28 AM EDT
[#1]

"I'm from the government, and I'm here to help." - various governmental officials.

Link Posted: 3/15/2006 7:33:15 AM EDT
[#2]
ban guns, do it for the children.

or anything that ends in "do it for the children"
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 7:33:31 AM EDT
[#3]

BOTH SHOULD BE BANNED FROM CIVILIAN USE!
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 7:34:20 AM EDT
[#4]

"Many of you are well enough off that ... the tax cuts may have helped you. We're saying that for America to get back on track, we're probably going to cut that short and not give it to you. We're going to take things away from you on behalf of the common good." - Hillary Clinton

My own view is that you can go to the extreme in either direction. And when we got organized as a country and we wrote a fairly radical Constitution with a radical Bill of Rights, giving a radical amount of individual freedom to Americans, it was assumed that the Americans who had that freedom would used it responsibly. That is, when we set up this country, abuse of people by government was a big problem. So if you read the Constitution, it's rooted in the desire to limit the ability of government's ability to mess with you, because that was a huge problem. It can still be a huge problem. But it assumed that people would basically be raised in coherent families, in coherent communities, and they would work for the common good, as well as for the individual welfare.

What's happened in America today is, too many people live in areas where there's no family structure, no community structure, and no work structure. And so there's a lot of irresponsibility. And so a lot of people say there's too much personal freedom. When personal freedom's being abused, you have to move to limit it. That's what we did in the announcement I made last weekend on the public housing projects, about how we're going to have weapon sweeps and more things like that to try to make people safer in their communities. - Bill Clinton

When dealing with guns, the citizen acts at his peril. In short, we view the statute as a regulatory measure in the interests of the public safety, premised on the thesis that one would hardly be surprised to learn that possession of such a highly dangerous offensive weapon is proscribed absent the requisite license. New Jersey vs. Pelleteri
There's lots more, but I don't have the time.

Link Posted: 3/15/2006 10:37:11 AM EDT
[#5]
"I'm going to handcuff you for your safety and mine"

"Federal grant money is free money"

"Its for the common good"

Link Posted: 3/15/2006 12:06:33 PM EDT
[#6]
"Like flat earth fanatics, Second Amendment fanatics just don't get it. Facts are facts. The earth is not flat. And Constitutional law is Constitutional law. The Second Amendment is not absolute. It does not guarantee the mythical individual right to bear arms we will hear argued for today. The gun lobby and its friends in Congress can line up professors of history and law from here to NRA headquarters and back. They can all swear what they think the Second Amendment means, and how many angels can dance on a pinhead. But the settled law is flatly against them." — Charles Schumer (D-NY), co-sponsor of the Brady Act, in a statement before the U.S. House of Representatives, Subcommittee on Crime, April 5, 1995.

"Gun traffickers have found a new avenue for dealing guns to criminals, to the mentally ill, and the under-aged — the Internet. The firepower available on the Internet is chilling. Machine guns, assault weapons and cheaply made pistols are available in cyberspace for the taking. And they are available to those who could never buy a gun under the Brady law." — Charles Schumer, March 16, 1999.

"Since the election of Ronald Reagan in 1980, those who believe the federal government should shrink have had the upper hand. Sept. 11 changed all that. For the foreseeable future, the federal government will have to grow. The next few years will more closely resemble the mid-1930s, when federal power dramatically increased; but this new deal will involve an overarching federal effort to bring physical, not economic, security to our people." —  Charles Schumer, Washington Post, December 11, 2001; Page A33

"Let's put some real teeth into laws regulating gun owners. They should be licensed, finger-printed, show competence with their gun, and prove they are sane enough to use it responsibly. They should have to renew their license every two years." —  Charles Schumer

Link Posted: 3/15/2006 12:09:57 PM EDT
[#7]
"If someone is so fearful that they are going to start using their weapons to protect their rights, it makes me very nervous that these people have weapons at all." ~~Henry Waxman
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 12:12:24 PM EDT
[#8]
If you aren't doing anything wrong..........
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 12:15:45 PM EDT
[#9]
"Why do you NEED a gun?"
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 12:20:25 PM EDT
[#10]
Alluah Akbar!
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 12:20:32 PM EDT
[#11]
"...For the Children."

"...It could happen."  Even after all facts and Logic proves it's impossiable to improbable.

"Be Cool."  That one just boils my blood.
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 1:09:49 PM EDT
[#12]

"If someone is so fearful that, that they're going to start using their weapons to protect their rights, makes me very nervous that these people have these weapons at all!"-Henry Waxman

Link Posted: 3/15/2006 1:21:16 PM EDT
[#13]
"It takes a village to raise a child"  No - just parents that give a shit.
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 1:24:35 PM EDT
[#14]

Under that situation the police were justified
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 1:27:32 PM EDT
[#15]
If you don't have anything to hide.
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 1:31:59 PM EDT
[#16]
anything about a "chocolate New Orleans"
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 1:32:17 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:
If you don't have anything to hide.

then why can't I search your vehicle?
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 7:18:17 PM EDT
[#18]
"If it saves just one life..."
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 7:23:11 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:Charles Schumer

img136.imageshack.us/img136/3204/schumershooting5vt.jpg

All of Mr. Schumer's quotes seriously make me cringe.

Link Posted: 3/15/2006 7:23:29 PM EDT
[#20]
"What can I do you for?"  
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 7:30:52 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

...then you HAVE NOTHING TO WORRY ABOUT!    
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 7:43:13 PM EDT
[#22]
"Well uhh..well, when Clinton lied no one died....."  
Micheal moore-ons piss me off.
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 7:48:51 PM EDT
[#23]
"Islam is the religion of peace."

Oh did I mention?
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 7:54:39 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
Micheal moore-ons piss me off.

ohh, that quote gets me. I usually respond with "When Clinton lied serbs died". I find it funny how many libtards are totally clueless about Kosovo.
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 7:57:03 PM EDT
[#25]
"settled law"....and......."precedent"  

Both scare the shit out of me anytime I hear our SCOTUS judges use it as it normally indicates they don't have the balls to change something they previously fucked up.
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 8:06:13 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Oooh yeah baby..that one gets my dick out everytime!!!!!! If I have heard it once, I heard it a hundred times. And like a good little conservative I argue with them....but screw it next time its pistol whipping time!!!
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 8:09:51 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
"If someone is so fearful that they are going to start using their weapons to protect their rights, it makes me very nervous that these people have weapons at all." ~~Henry Waxman

WTF? Did this guy miss every history class during all of his school years?  Does he even have a clue how the  United States of America was born? This is a new one to me, but politicians ( libs/dems especialy) never cease to bewilder me. As my Father used to say, "Son you are trying, using a rational mind , to understand irrational thoughts or acts, quit trying, you will only piss yourself off ". This is a perfect  example of  my fathers wisdom. (ETA) I had a few in mind, but after the above quote, I can't think of them. That has got to be one of the most ignorant statements ever spoken. I do remember one, but can't rmember the N.O.W. spokeswomen who said it. " All sex is rape".  That is bad, but doesn't hold a candle to the waxbitch quote. What state does he represent?
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 9:51:50 PM EDT
[#28]
"this is not a assualt"
federal siege at waco
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 10:13:26 PM EDT
[#29]
"I'm sorry you feel that way."

Whenever someone says that, they are most certainly full of shit...
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 10:30:23 PM EDT
[#30]
"You're welcome"
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top