Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/15/2001 6:46:45 AM EDT
I think the U.S. ought to consider moving the U.N. Headquarters out of New York City.  Perhaps
to France or Great Britain.  Then they can
discuss their "New World Order" all they want.
Link Posted: 8/15/2001 6:56:46 AM EDT
[#1]
Whats so 'united' about it?
Link Posted: 8/15/2001 7:02:48 AM EDT
[#2]
Maybe move the "UN" to Sudan.  That way, everyone will see what Human Rights is all about, and how to make the populace truly free.
Link Posted: 8/15/2001 7:03:45 AM EDT
[#3]
Let 'em set up in the middle of a desert somewhere.  Then we'll see if they're serious or just out for a party.

Norm
Link Posted: 8/15/2001 7:04:30 AM EDT
[#4]
I'd like to see the headquarters somewhere else.  I think we should remain a member so we can veto/vote against the tripe the "old" and "third" world countries are constantly trying to shove down our throats.  I don't think we should pay dues.  If the headquarters doesn't move, consider the rent they don't pay as dues.

Eddie

P.S.  How many countries have veto power? Five?
Link Posted: 8/15/2001 7:06:02 AM EDT
[#5]
Why should our tax dollars be spent to support the UN building here in the US? Send them to some crappy little 3rd world country that still has slavery(Almost all countries in Africa), and has no concept of human rights(China maybe?)

[beer]
Link Posted: 8/15/2001 7:11:15 AM EDT
[#6]
The question is, "Is it time to get out of the U.N.?"

Answer, NO, it's way past time to get out of that waste of time and money.

[smoke]
Link Posted: 8/15/2001 7:12:29 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Whats so 'united' about it?
View Quote

Doesn't seem to be very united to me.  They are better at making the policies they want and trying to shove them down everyone elses throat.  Actually if you are going to move them....send them over to Iraq....then you can keep an eye on both of your problem children.[}:D]
Link Posted: 8/15/2001 7:14:55 AM EDT
[#8]
Move the UN to some of the countries where they resolved the crisis, like Bosnia or Sierra Leone
Link Posted: 8/15/2001 7:31:13 AM EDT
[#9]
OK, they want to trash the BoR, they want to ban and remove all civilian firearms, they blasted the US on 'human rights' violations, called for an end to the death penalty, voted the US from as many seats/posts as possible and replaced us with dictatorships, constantly criticize our form of government and our Prez, and are seizing our land under the guise of controlling so-called 'biospheres'.
I felt that we should give them a ride to the airport years ago.

Make no mistake the U.S. is under attack from the U.N.  Only one can survive, which will you choose?
Link Posted: 8/15/2001 7:32:44 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I think the U.S. ought to consider moving the U.N. Headquarters out of New York City.  Perhaps
to France or Great Britain.  Then they can
discuss their "New World Order" all they want.
View Quote

Another worn out subject.  We should have been out 20 years ago.
Link Posted: 8/15/2001 7:37:26 AM EDT
[#11]
move it to.........IOWA
Link Posted: 8/15/2001 7:37:46 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 8/15/2001 3:06:27 PM EDT
[#13]
This country should (somehow) arrange for the UN building to be moved to some insanely dangerous, eternal troublespot, like Chechnya, Beirut, Northern Ireland, the Balkans, the Golan Heights, Mogadishu, & etc.

"Sorry about that 2.75" rocket strike on your UN building, Mr. Annan.  I was just strafing the terrorists who were hooking up a bomb to your limo... d@mn kids..." [:)>]  [;D]
Link Posted: 8/15/2001 3:46:24 PM EDT
[#14]
Yes, NOW

In fact I just mailed off 2 post cards to our prez and my local congress critter that were preaddressed courtesy GOA.

There is a potential bill in congress that aims to do JUST THIS. Call you critter and ask them to SUPPORT it.

Bulldog out
Link Posted: 8/15/2001 5:01:33 PM EDT
[#15]
Send those little dictators packing.
A wise person said "UN out of the US
                   US out of the UN"
Link Posted: 8/15/2001 5:06:56 PM EDT
[#16]
Hard to understand how we ever got "in" in the first place. It was a "cold war" thing. well, the cold war's over, and all they are good for is trying to drag us down into the mud to be with them at the lowest common denominator....fuckem all. deport all the UN reps, but make them pay all the speeding/parking tickets, overdue rent bills, child support payments, personal injury judgments, etc., they should have gotten/paid except for "diplomatic immunity", and give them all a good ass kicking before sending them home in the cargo hold of an old tramp steamer. Then, let's convert the UN building to something useful...
Link Posted: 8/15/2001 5:10:51 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 8/15/2001 6:20:08 PM EDT
[#18]
The UN was a great idea among other great ideas that failed in the execution.  It was always supported by too much money from the US.

Many things start out good and evolve into something terrible; and the UN did.  Long past time to run them out of the US and for the US to get out of the organization.  Way too expensive and I fail to see what the US could ever get out of it as now structured and run by our enemies.
Link Posted: 8/16/2001 2:26:03 PM EDT
[#19]
Lets put the diplomats to work before they go, I hear theres a section of the Hudson that needs dredging.  I hope the bastards can eat while holding their breath...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top