Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/14/2006 10:57:00 PM EDT
The crappy Ohio weather finally broke long enough, on a weekend, to get out and shoot a little bit. Took a few quick pics, we brought a ton of stuff to shoot but due to rather cold rain we only got though about half of it.
Here is what we brought

This is me practicing with multi targets

Steve with the AK

Fletch with the .308

and this  glorious one is me perfecting the " Don't make me drop my smoke while shooting you technique"

In the words of old_painless, what did we learn?
1 Aquilla Rd's are a blast to shoot, so damn quite
2 My god AR's are great!
3 Trigger slap on an AK sucks
4 If ever attacked by three paper silhouettes, I'm fairly  confidant I can take them out, without ever losing my cigarette.
5 Gun are fun

ETA: A while back I remember someone asking why would people in non desert states want tan or coyote colored AR's or gear. As you can see in the pics, from about Mid to late Nov to at least April this is what Ohio looks like, I think that desert colors have a place here, just not in say ...oh I don't know ..August . Oh and to all you RIA 1911 naysayers, my new out of the box RIA ran like a champ, 100rds w/o a burp
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 11:24:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Looks like fun, and looks like Ohio....unfortunately for us.

I need to get out and shoot, but my range is a giant mudpit. Can't wait for better weather.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 11:24:51 PM EDT
[#2]
You can get rid of the trigger slap in 5 minutes on that WSAR.
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 12:32:13 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
You can get rid of the trigger slap in 5 minutes on that WSAR.

Yeah, but it'll still be an AK.
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 1:08:26 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Looks like fun, and looks like Ohio....unfortunately for us. hoot,

Yeah hopefully it's nice out by april 15th! here,
Although now is a good time to take a treadmill outside and run on it while shooting a pistol @ 50 yards w/ one arm tied behind your back and a patch over your dominant eye!  high

j/k swingset, you gonna be @ the shoot coming up in april?  
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 1:22:02 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

swingset, you gonna be @ the shoot coming up in april?  

Yup. I seldom miss a Millers shoot.
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 1:25:52 AM EDT
[#6]
Spend $30 on a G2 trigger group to replace the total pieces of crap that century uses in those things, and trigger slap will be non-existent.  I think you'll be very impressed with how nice the trigger pull can be.  Sweet pics, ARs rock.  

A paying dealer off the EE.  
G2 Trigger group, you'll thank me.
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 1:28:39 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Spend $30 on a G2 trigger group to replace the total pieces of crap that century uses in those things, and trigger slap will be non-existent.  I think you'll be very impressed with how nice the trigger pull can be.  Sweet pics, ARs rock.  

A paying dealer off the EE.  
G2 Trigger group, you'll thank me.

If it were my AK I'd do it in a heart beat but it belongs to one of the other guys, not sure if he's is on any gun boards but I will pass it along to him. Thanks for the info
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 2:13:17 AM EDT
[#8]
Good times
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 3:57:16 AM EDT
[#9]
Nice selection of weapons !

Link Posted: 3/15/2006 1:52:05 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Nice selection of weapons !

Thanks, that was only a small sample of what we brought, the rest was packed away due to the rain. I think there were at least four glocks, three sigs, a couple of HK's, another AR and 10/22 and a whole case  loaded with various handguns one of the guys brought we never got into.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top