Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/14/2006 8:19:52 PM EDT
LINK

The counterfeit money looked good, but there was one flaw. There's no such thing as a one billion dollar bill.

U.S. Customs agents in California said on Tuesday they had found 250 bogus billion dollar bills while investigating a man charged with currency smuggling.

Tekle Zigetta, 45, pleaded guilty to three federal counts of trying to bring cash, phony bills and a fake $100,000 gold certificate into the United States in January.

Further investigation led agents to a West Hollywood apartment where they found the stash of yellowing and wrinkled one billion dollar bills with an issue date of 1934 and bearing a picture of President Grover Cleveland.

"You would think the $1 billion denomination would be a giveaway that these notes are fake, but some people are still taken in," said James Todak, a secret services agent involved in the probe.

Link Posted: 3/14/2006 8:20:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Saw that on the news... Was rather funny.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 8:22:12 PM EDT
[#2]
What a damn genius.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 8:22:49 PM EDT
[#3]
I just saw that a few minutes ago on another website, I laughed my ass off!!
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 8:24:00 PM EDT
[#4]
Why didn't I think of that.

Even better, 1 trillion dollar bills
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 8:24:59 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 8:26:05 PM EDT
[#6]
"OK sir, your total comes to 37 dollars and 58 cents."

"Ummmm... right.  You got change for a Billion? "

Link Posted: 3/14/2006 8:26:41 PM EDT
[#7]
He should have tried a smaller amount... like a $2 bill.

No, he would have been suspected of counterfitting anyway.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 8:27:52 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

But whats funny, is some people will be live the billion dolalr bill over the $2 bill...
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 10:51:56 PM EDT
[#9]
How can you be tried for counterfiting something that has never existed in the first place?
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 11:00:15 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
How can you be tried for counterfiting something that has never existed in the first place?

You cant. Although imagine going to a strip club and tipping a stripper with that. Just imagine how many lapdances you will get.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 11:26:58 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 12:26:35 AM EDT
[#12]
With all this new currency the Treasury is pumping out nowadays...large face, offset face, colorized, etc....its no wonder that counterfeiters are having a field day with the "unwashed masses".

Hell, I had a cashier give me a dirty look when I handed her one of those new "full face" nickels.
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 12:41:13 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

But whats funny, is some people will be live the billion dolalr bill over the $2 bill...

$2..for those counterfitters that don't want their work compared to the real thing.

Link Posted: 3/15/2006 6:57:53 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You cant. Although imagine going to a strip club and tipping a stripper with that. Just imagine how many lapdances you will get.

I better be getting a lot more than a lap dance from a lot more than one stripper for a billion dollar tip.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top