Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/14/2006 11:48:03 AM EDT

Shot of the bar my dad and I built together.

Most proud of this shot right here...Basement started out 3 years ago as completely bare and unfinished.  My dad and I (well, mostly my dad) finshed it into what you see there.  Every square inch of that room was done by us, including the bar.  Took almost 2 years to complete.  

Link Posted: 3/14/2006 11:49:30 AM EDT
[#1]
Parents run off for the week?
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 11:51:50 AM EDT
[#2]
I could come over and help you drink the Makers Mark
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 11:54:21 AM EDT
[#3]
I don't see any beer
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 11:55:44 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

LOL nope, only thing in the photos that I didnt fund was the house.

Home from college for spring break.

Actually I lied...the P22, Beretta 92, half of the CZP01, Savage 17hmr and the ORF AK are his too.

(and the grand prix if we all want to get technical)
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 11:55:59 AM EDT
[#5]
Good house
Bad Camera.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 11:56:47 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You were just dying for someone to ask weren't you...
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 11:57:26 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Good house
Bad Camera.

Camera works fine.  Its the moron pressing the button that needs some help :-)
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 11:58:28 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I don't see any beer

Not a beer guy, though I am slowly starting to acquire a taste for Blue Moon and Guiness.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 11:59:18 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

You were just dying for someone to ask weren't you...

Nah, usually you guys don't hassle me.  
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 11:59:20 AM EDT
[#10]
Nice.......I'll be over in a few.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 12:00:55 PM EDT
[#11]
Looks like you can afford a ar15.com membership
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 12:02:07 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Looks like you can afford a ar15.com membership

Just expired actually, yes, I'm throwin in for membership (again), don't worry.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 12:02:47 PM EDT
[#13]
wasn't this thread called "f*ck the ATF" a minute ago??
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 12:03:57 PM EDT
[#14]
buy beer

sell silver and tan cars, replace with this:

then, my friend, all will be well again with the world
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 12:04:47 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
wasn't this thread called "f*ck the ATF" a minute ago??

I posted the relevant pictures in the AR section, and its titled "blow me ATF".

I'd have left it there, but didn't feel I could get away with adding all the pictures of teh other stuff without it being too far OT.  So, I was going to post photos of the cars here, then decided I might as well just put em all up.

Realized they were too far OT, so I deleted that thread, and now they're here.

Tex...I wouldn't mind one of those one bit.  Tan car ain't mine, and the silver one sadly enough is faster than the black one, and it still has a warranty :)

Link Posted: 3/14/2006 12:05:02 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 12:05:49 PM EDT
[#17]
One word tthe thread title needs and is obviously missing is.....

wimminz.

Link Posted: 3/14/2006 12:06:14 PM EDT
[#18]
Bad form on the liquor cabinet - the Makers Mark is still sealed, and most everything else looks unused.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 12:08:40 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Saw the same pics on two other threads...

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=118&t=273417

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=118&t=269665&page=19

Deleted the one in AR section- Too far OT, and it was bound to get moved here.  To make things easier, I just copied and pasted that thread here so I didn't have to do it all over again.  They overlapped for a few minutes, but that one is gone.

Stickman told me to post up the relevant ones in the tacked thread, so I did.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 12:09:36 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Bad form on the liquor cabinet - the Makers Mark is still sealed, and most everything else looks unused.

I'm not home that much, usually down at school.  Haven't had the chance to break into that stuff yet, and I don't drink alone.  The rum in the back and the seagrams are open though.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 12:13:19 PM EDT
[#21]
Let me guess, you live in Barrington and used to frequent the McDonalds over on Rt 59 by Golf Road on Fri/Sat nights a couple years back, at least before the cops broke up the cruise/drag racing scene.  You are white and have short brown hair.  The corvette is a '95 with black sport seats.

Did you ever put the Flowmaster 40 series catback on it?
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 12:19:04 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
Let me guess, you live in Barrington and used to frequent the McDonalds over on Rt 59 by Golf Road on Fri/Sat nights a couple years back, at least before the cops broke up the cruise/drag racing scene.  You are white and have short brown hair.

Did you ever put the Flowmaster 40 series catback on the Vette?

Well yes, I'm white and have short brown hair...I did on occasion go to that location, but I rarely took the Vette.  Maybe two or three times at the most.  At the time I took my 01 Stratus R/T coupe up there.  Drove with a bunch of those guys, and a guy with a green GST.

Lived in Barrington about 3 years ago, which is when I went out to that location.

As for the vette, triple black, sport seats, adjustable ride control, and yes...its a 95.  Good memory, especially since I rarely brought that thing out.

And no, the exaust is stock.  Decided it wasn't really worth tinkering with that car.  Only thing I'm planning on is throwing some black A-mold wheels on it ala Grand Sport.  It would take alot to get it to compete with cars today, its sole purpose is cruising/dates haha.  Don't want a noisy car for that.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 12:20:54 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm not home that much, usually down at school.  Haven't had the chance to break into that stuff yet, and I don't drink alone.  The rum in the back and the seagrams are open though.

Sure...I believe you...but my tommy gun don't!

Get away from your dad's booze before we tell.  
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 12:23:57 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sure...I believe you...but my tommy gun don't!

Get away from your dad's booze before we tell.  

So so so cruel  Old man doesn't drink.  What you're looking at there is a bunch of B-day presents from the family, and my birthday/christmas money.  You really think my old man would buy hypnotiq, midori, coconut rum or anything in the left cabinet?  Look at the right.  Two bottles of that are open.  If they'd been around the house for more than 4 months (amount of time I've been 21) they'd have been opened by now.  Trust me, I'm working on that

Hes a Johnnie Walker Red and Dewars Scotch guy anyways.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 12:34:52 PM EDT
[#25]
PM sent.

Oh hell, the flowmasters are a must!  If the girl is annoying, just drop a gear and drown her out!  I've done that more times than I count....

I'm not trying to get it to compete with anything new today, but the change in exhaust is the single best mod I've ever done to the car.  Makes it twice as fun to drive.  I was contemplating the GS wheels but decided it wasn't worth the money.  $400 for the exhaust was a no-brainer.  And it's still fast enough to scare the hell out of me.  And still fast enough to walk LS1s and non C6 LS2s.  
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 12:35:12 PM EDT
[#26]
showing off the wealth huh?

anyway, nice to see your living the american dream, glad everything has worked out for you.

me personaly, I am not into braging about what I have and showing off my wealth, but that's just me.

nice guns
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 12:45:09 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
PM sent.

Oh hell, the flowmasters are a must!  If the girl is annoying, just drop a gear and drown her out!  I've done that more times than I count....

I'm not trying to get it to compete with anything new today, but the change in exhaust is the single best mod I've ever done to the car.  Makes it twice as fun to drive.  I was contemplating the GS wheels but decided it wasn't worth the money.  $400 for the exhaust was a no-brainer.  And it's still fast enough to scare the hell out of me.  And still fast enough to walk LS1s and non C6 LS2s.  

21 years old, house like that, cars like that and the guns you have=one spoiled little kid...... lucky you
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 12:56:03 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
showing off the wealth huh?

anyway, nice to see your living the american dream, glad everything has worked out for you.

me personaly, I am not into braging about what I have and showing off my wealth, but that's just me.

nice guns

Not so much bragging, I just don't mind sharing some pictures with you guys when it comes to hobbies that are commonly discussed on this board.  Originally it was just a carwash day.  Figured I'd take some pictures since I didn't have any of the SRT.  Then I got creative and wanted to take a few pictures for the ATF, and the booze/guns/cigars got thrown into a picture as well.

Everything worked out based on hard work and being smart with money.  Worked my ass off from the time I was 14, and put it all in the bank.  Working construction for 2 years helped out alot.  Got a job as an RA, so my college expenses got cut back tremendously.  On top of that, I had another job down at school for a very long time.  All the money I had saved for college that I didn't need, I decided to have some fun with, and purchased items that I'll have for the rest of my life (aside from the cigars obviously). Since I don't have to go out into the real world and pay for housing and food yet (still at college, and living with the old man on break), it gives me the ability to be a bit more free with that money that I had saved.  

Either way, physical items aren't worth bragging about.  One thing I've learned is that there are alot more important things in life than hobbies.  They are however, the easiest things to photograph and post.  If you want to see some guys doing some serious bragging about wealth, go look up the posts in the team section regarding pictures of family.  You want to see some serious wealth and bragging, go check out those photographs, because thats where the true wealth lies.  Since alot of gun guys also are into cars and from what I discovered 5 months ago asking about what booze I should have on hand when I hit 21...this crowd also seems to like booze.  Cigar topics come up every now and then, so what the hell, got the camera out, and a nice ATF kiss my ass photo sounded funny

I'm also pretty handy with cars.  You'd be amazed how much of a bargain you can get on a used corvette if you look hard enough, and wait for the right time.  Put in some wrench time and some elbow grease on the finish, and voila, it photographs well.

Same goes with the SRT4.  They depreciate horribly once you drive them off the lot.  So, I bought that used too.  Even with only 6000 miles on it, I paid about 65% of what a new one would cost.

My old man and I also have a great arrangement.  Hes thrown a few firearms in there as christmas and birthday presents.  So luckily, I haven't had to go it alone on those.  Since we both use the firearms, regardless of who paid for them, my Dad decided he would pay for ammunition and cleaning supplies.  Got lucky as hell there, otherwise I'd have ALOT less firearms to support their diet.

Wealth to be honest has nothing to do with it.  Being smart, working your ass off, and having good timing is what its all about.  The basement is the key there.  Although its not mine, and I didn't pay for it, my dad and I designed and built that thing from the ground up.  Everything you see in the pictures of that basement are things that my dad and I put together.  That is something I'm very proud of, since it took us almost 2 years to complete.

There isn't anything in these photos that doesn't represent hours upon hours of hard work, and thats what its all about.  
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 12:58:50 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:
PM sent.

21 years old, house like that, cars like that and the guns you have=one spoiled little kid...... lucky you

Well, its not my house.  I'm just lucky enough to live there rent free compliments of the old man.  And aside from a few b-day presents here and there...absolutely everything you see in those photos that I claimed ownership to were the direct result of working my ass off.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 1:06:07 PM EDT
[#30]
Scott:
Nice cars, is the Vette yours?

Nice guns too.

No comment on the cigars and the booze.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 1:09:30 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

+1 !!!!!!!!!

Hell of a nice set up there.....and forget the shit talkers....looks like you're having a blast and worked hard and smart to get there. Nice going.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 1:10:40 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
Scott:
Nice cars, is the Vette yours?

Nice guns too.

No comment on the cigars and the booze.

Originally it was a joint venture between me and the old man, from the time I got my permit.  Over the past 6 years I've slowly been paying off the old man, and yes, now I can call it my own.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 1:11:12 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1 !!!!!!!!!

Well head on over :)
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 1:18:15 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
Good house
Bad Camera.

+1
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 1:22:55 PM EDT
[#35]
Hell, you guys think he's spoiled, you haven't met the "I'm 16 and daddy bought me a brand new BMW/H2/MB convertible and a closet full of gucci shoes and prada purses!" crowd that INFESTS this part of Illinois.  And that's just the guys.  

Don't even get me started on the girls.  I took a girl out for a ride in my car (very similar to Marksmans) and she told me it was an old POS!  Sure, it's not new, but I earned it and I took great pride in maintaining it well.  I didn't understand it until I dropped her off at home and saw not one, but TWO Vipers, a Plymouth Roadrunner, and a Cadillac XLR in her dad's garage.  And she knew nothing about them besides the fact that they cost $$$, so they must be superior.

Very sad.  

Now, out here where I go to school, the median income is much lower and people assume I must be some sort of high end drug dealer or living off a trust fund  to afford the car I have.  

Like he said, it's all about a good work ethic and wise spending habits.  Some people learn from their parents successes and try to raise the bar, and some people sit idle and let daddy do all the work.  The latter is easier, the former is far more rewarding.

And while we're at it, some personal car pr0n

Link Posted: 3/14/2006 1:45:18 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
Hell, you guys think he's spoiled, you haven't met the "I'm 16 and daddy bought me a brand new BMW/H2/MB convertible and a closet full of gucci shoes and prada purses!" crowd that INFESTS this part of Illinois.  And that's just the guys.  

Don't even get me started on the girls.  I took a girl out for a ride in my car (very similar to Marksmans) and she told me it was an old POS!  Sure, it's not new, but I earned it and I took great pride in maintaining it well.  I didn't understand it until I dropped her off at home and saw not one, but TWO Vipers, a Plymouth Roadrunner, and a Cadillac XLR in her dad's garage.  And she knew nothing about them besides the fact that they cost $$$, so they must be superior.

Very sad.  

Now, out here where I go to school, the median income is much lower and people assume I must be some sort of high end drug dealer or living off a trust fund  to afford the car I have.  

Like he said, it's all about a good work ethic and wise spending habits.  Some people learn from their parents successes and try to raise the bar, and some people sit idle and let daddy do all the work.  The latter is easier, the former is far more rewarding.

And while we're at it, some personal car pr0n

photos-377.facebook.com/n13/161/46/10202373/n10202373_30798377_1220.jpg

I remember that thing.  Very sexy, I love C4 coupes
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 1:51:16 PM EDT
[#37]
Edited for the children.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top