Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/14/2006 11:07:48 AM EDT
A couple of other questions: When you mount it in the safe, how does it mount? Does it free-hang in the air or does it mount to the wall of the safe? It appears my safe has a hole in the top. I assume this is for the Heating Rod wire. How do I clear that hole and how does the wire go through the small hole with the ac plug on one end?
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 11:12:02 AM EDT
[#1]
I have one of the generic heaters from Sportsmans guide - the heating element slips out of the rod, and you can thread it through the hole in the safe (I tied a loose half hitch in the cord after bringing it into the safe to prevent having it yanked out if someone were to pull on the cord).  The heating rod is supposed to sit on the floor of the safe (there are little legs attached to allow this).

Mine has worked well so far  - I've noticed no rust on any of my firearms (I do wipe them down occasionally w/ a silicone impregnated cloth, however).
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top