Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/14/2006 8:29:57 AM EDT
Did anyone else watch the Aprrentice last night? Their task was to run an event for GM dealers to introduce the new Tahoe to the owners and salespeople. So one group decides to go with an outdoor-type theme. They have a rock wall, fly fishing, and skeet-shooting set up. They showed one guy I guess testing out the skeet shooting set up. But it was in the middle of some park in NYS, over a little pond. I know shotties don't have much range, but it didn't look like a good backstop. Eventually a ranger comes over and tells them they can't shoot in the park.

Really though, what was the company that set up the skeet shoot thinking? I figure that ranges are pretty restricted in New York, let alone some park. And like i said above, it didn't look like a very safe set up anyway. Anyone else see this?
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 8:32:03 AM EDT
[#1]
I didn't see it......

But yeah, a public park is probably not the best place
to set up a shooting area.

Link Posted: 3/14/2006 8:45:12 AM EDT
[#2]
I saw that.  I don't think it was a public park or even in NYC.  I think it was a farm or place that hosts corporate picnicks and whatnot.  
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 8:58:35 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I saw that.  I don't think it was a public park or even in NYC.  I think it was a farm or place that hosts corporate picnicks and whatnot.  

They said it was a "park".
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 9:08:25 AM EDT
[#4]
There is a range in PDX were the firing line faces a set of apts. Pretty interesting to stand on the balcony of one of the apts with a pair of binos watching guys shoot at you.

Here is the google map of hte range. Hit the  "Hybrid" button in the upper right corner and the range is just to the left of the pointer.
http://maps.google.com/maps?oi=map&q=4711+Se+174th+Ave,+Portland,+OR

Link Posted: 3/14/2006 9:09:23 AM EDT
[#5]
This was on during 24 - I missed it.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 9:16:26 AM EDT
[#6]
Not even the Donald could get Bloomberg to allow skeet shooting in NYC
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 10:39:58 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
This was on during 24 - I missed it.

Yep - but I caught both.  I really like my DVR.  
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 10:46:30 AM EDT
[#8]
by using smaller shot like #9, there would be minimal risk of injury or damage to propery.  the range of the shot is fairly short, and the pellets don't carry much energy.

however, an urban area is no place to shoot unless you happen to have an area that's at least 200 yards(just to be on the safe side) and devoid of all people/animals/buildings.  i don't think you'll find much of that in NYC.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top