Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/13/2006 4:19:25 PM EDT
I've heard about those government grants for minority owned businesses and I'm wondering how hard it would be to sell reloaded ammo...

I'm thinking of buying a commercial grade 1050 press, creating a website and going to gunshows selling the stuff...

What paperwork and insurance is required?

Where could bulk ammunition be legally stored?

I've got a lot of free time that I could dedicate to running such a business and I have the means to operate it...
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 4:24:14 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
I heard about those government grants for minority owned businesses and I'm wondering how hard it would be to sell reloaded ammo...

I'm thinking of buying a commercial grade 1050 press, creating a website and going to gunshows selling the stuff...

What paperwork and insurance is required?

Where could bulk ammunition be legally stored?

I've got a lot of free time that I could dedicate to running such a business and I have the means to operate it...

I was thinking about that (except being a minority part),  it seems like it would be a good buisness.

It would be good loads, more accurate then your over the counter winchester white box.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 4:27:05 PM EDT
[#2]
consult a lawyer on the liability issues/$$. then dont feel bad if you cry.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 4:27:55 PM EDT
[#3]
HK,
Don't even bother with this idea. You couldn't compete w/ Georgia Arms. They have commercial grade (Like Winchester, Hornady & Remington ammo) loaders that run automatically. They can pump out more rounds in 2 hours than you could in a day, plus they are able to buy a LOT more componets than you could. You would not be able to do this out of your house (not zoned for manufactoring). Also, on the other downside, Insurance! You would have to have a heavy policy and that runs mega-bucks.

I am running into the same problem as you are, trying to come up with an idea to start a small business.

GlockSpeed31
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 4:30:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Do you need a business license?  I know some one was selling/retailing bullets, no casting or manufacturing etc, the city of Ontario Calf got after him right away for a business license, and ruled that he needed a commercial shop for this yada, yada, yada..........
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 4:39:59 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
HK,
Don't even bother with this idea. You couldn't compete w/ Georgia Arms. They have commercial grade (Like Winchester, Hornady & Remington ammo) loaders that run automatically. They can pump out more rounds in 2 hours than you could in a day, plus they are able to buy a LOT more componets than you could. You would not be able to do this out of your house (not zoned for manufactoring). Also, on the other downside, Insurance! You would have to have a heavy policy and that runs mega-bucks.

I am running into the same problem as you are, trying to come up with an idea to start a small business.

GlockSpeed31

That's good to know...
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 4:49:06 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:
HK,

GlockSpeed31

That's good to know...

Years ago (92-93 era) I toured GA Arms facility while on a interview with them. Impressive place back then, they crank out some ammo.

Also mentioned, you would need a business license, and a 17 year old would have a hard time getting one doing that business. You could always get into pressure washing. There is a big demand for that in our area. As long as you have a truck to tow the trailer around. I know of a rig for sale now in North Atlanta for about 8K. IM me if you want more info on that. I know you said you want to work indoors, but working outdoors isn't too bad. I do it everyday!

GlockSpeed31
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 4:56:18 PM EDT
[#7]
From the BATF...

(H4) Is one who reloads ammunition required to be licensed as a manufacturer? [Back]

Yes, if the person engages in the business of selling or distributing reloads for the purposes of livelihood or profit. No, if the person reloads only for personal use. [27 CFR 178.41]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top