Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/13/2006 8:36:53 AM EDT
this was posted in another forum:

"Was at a town meeting this afternoon for a walk thru on our new "Emergency Response System". Still not sure how it all works, but anyway I started shooting the breeze with our town mayor and councilmen (women too). We started talking about taxes, guns, etc. I asked what is going on with Walmart, Kmart, closing out guns and ammo sales. I was informed by them that starting this year Jan. 1, Cook County is "unoffically" banning ALL firearm and ammo sales at any retail outlet. No more from Walmart, Kmart, Sport Authority, etc. The only ones allowed are at "official" gun shops. So they can be closely monitored. Between raising the fees, gestapo like raids at all hours of the night, fines, and audits. There are about 1/3 the gun shops there was 5 years ago. Most have closed or moved to one of the "collar counties".
It seems that the Daley machine is dead set on No Guns in Cook County."

this was a conversation this man had, so i have no link to back anything up.  has anyone else heard about this?
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 8:39:49 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 8:42:29 AM EDT
[#2]
chips: Here in So. Calif, the CalDoJ seems to be coming down pretty hard on Wall-Mart for paper work violations on fireams sales, everything has to be filled-in and file exactly as specfied, down to crossing the t's and dotting the i's.  I think there is a drive in the anti-gun community to limit fireams and ammo from the mass merchandisers to the more limited mom & pop gun shops, where it maybe more easily controlled.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 8:46:20 AM EDT
[#3]
I hate Illinois nazis!

Link Posted: 3/13/2006 9:08:41 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I hate Illinois nazis!

I just hate Illinois.  Nothing but retarded pig fuckers to the south, and retarded gang bangers to the north.  
I would say nuke the whole state, but the fallout might not be good for me!
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 9:22:22 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
chips: Here in So. Calif, the CalDoJ seems to be coming down pretty hard on Wall-Mart for paper work violations on fireams sales, everything has to be filled-in and file exactly as specfied, down to crossing the t's and dotting the i's.  I think there is a drive in the anti-gun community to limit fireams and ammo from the mass merchandisers to the more limited mom & pop gun shops, where it maybe more easily controlled.

What makes zero sense is that Wally World is VERY anal about making sure the paperwork is filled properly.

In fact, they have a template for the form that goes over top and every response MUST be filled out correctly for U to purchase the firearm.   Then, a store manager MUST confirm that the transaction was completed.

I dont get it.....
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 9:33:14 AM EDT
[#6]
So what exactly makes Wal-Mat, K-Mart, etc. not an "official gunshop?  They have an FFL just like everyone else.

Dumbasses all.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 9:43:16 AM EDT
[#7]
Most of the remainder of the US doesn't give two hoots about what happens in Cook County, Illinois.

Now, with to respect to gun banning, whether that is wise or not is another question.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 4:13:56 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
chips: Here in So. Calif, the CalDoJ seems to be coming down pretty hard on Wall-Mart for paper work violations on fireams sales, everything has to be filled-in and file exactly as specfied, down to crossing the t's and dotting the i's.  

The paperwork is about a 7th grade level, how hard can it be to keep it straight???????
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 8:56:38 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:
chips: Here in So. Calif, the CalDoJ seems to be coming down pretty hard on Wall-Mart for paper work violations on fireams sales, everything has to be filled-in and file exactly as specfied, down to crossing the t's and dotting the i's.  

The paperwork is about a 7th grade level, how hard can it be to keep it straight???????

Part of the problem is they had non-gun section types try to be helpful, you know customer service and all that.  And they kind of screwed up a LOT.  Delivered some guns early and some to guys that were turned down.  No evidence of collusion just being too helpful.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 9:30:46 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Most of the remainder of the US doesn't give two hoots about what happens in Cook County, Illinois.

i do...  these bans spread like a virus.  a few years down the road, several other counties will look at this and say "hey, that's a good idea!  making it harder for law abaiding citizens to arm themselves will make the soccer moms feel safer!"
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top