Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/13/2006 6:42:17 AM EDT
Baa, baa, Rainbow Sheep...have you any sense?

The London's Times reports that a school in the UK changed the words of the old Black Sheep nursery rhyme to "baa baa rainbow sheep" as part of an effort to improve equal opportunities for its students.
<snip>
Viewers in the UK are complaining that a Land Rover ad featuring a sled-driving Eskimo being outrun in the snow by a four-by-four is racist and disrespectful of Inuit culture, according to Brand Republic.

In the ad, the sledder is so distracted by the Land Rover that he crashes into a pile of snow and is left chasing after the runaway sled. In addition to denigrating Inuit culture, the viewers complained that the ad encouraged behavior harmful to the environment.

Plenty more insanity at the link.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 6:48:14 AM EDT
[#1]
Reading tripe like that pushes me to misanthropy.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 6:56:40 AM EDT
[#2]

Teachers at the nurseries also have changed the ending of Humpty Dumpty so as not to upset the children, and dropped the seven dwarfs from the title of Snow White.

Link Posted: 3/13/2006 7:13:21 AM EDT
[#3]
Reminds me of those "Politically Correct" fairy tales that Larry the Cable Guy reads on the Blue Collar Comedy Tour show.  
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 7:25:41 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Reminds me of those "Politically Correct" fairy tales that Larry the Cable Guy reads on the Blue Collar Comedy Tour show.  

Yep.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top