Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/12/2006 3:38:16 PM EDT
Watching a survivial show on Discovery.  Guy cought some trout in a pool.  He pulled one out and held it firmly in both hands.  He looked like he was gonna tear its head off.  Nope.  Without warning he said, if you need to, you can eat these raw.  He just stuck the fish in his mouth and bit the sucker just about in half.

Sweet!
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 3:40:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Filthy Hobbitses!  Give us the Preciousssss!
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 3:40:42 PM EDT
[#2]
I hope he dies.
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 3:40:44 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Was my first thought as well.
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 3:41:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 3:42:10 PM EDT
[#5]
The belly of trout is very soft. I bet it tastes like ass, but you can eat it. I will not watch that show again. The title shouldn't be Survivorman, it should be "Let's see if I want to survive in this or not; if not, I can give up" Yeah he teaches some survival stuff (most of which I have already learned over the years, I'm a survival nut) but when he doesn't want to play anymore, he just quits. In a real survival situation, quitting = a slow and painful death.
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 3:43:08 PM EDT
[#6]
I like these new survivor type shows. Survivorman is very good as well.
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 3:44:42 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
The belly of trout is very soft. I bet it tastes like ass, but you can eat it. I will not watch that show again. The title shouldn't be Survivorman, it should be "Let's see if I want to survive in this or not; if not, I can give up" Yeah he teaches some survival stuff (most of which I have already learned over the years, I'm a survival nut) but when he doesn't want to play anymore, he just quits. In a real survival situation, quitting = a slow and painful death.

That's Ultimate Survival, not Survivorman
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 3:45:14 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
That guy really plays it up for the cameras.  He says he is ex-SF.  I saw that the other night.  He is dropped and on the ground for 5 minutes and he is eating bugs.. lol.

Survivorman is a touch more realistic since he goes in alone. No film crew or anything.

Ed McMahon would have said........."YOU ARE CORRECT SIR!"

I watched the Survivorman marathon last night.  Survivorman is for real, that other guy is just a poser.  Survivorman is without a doubt the most realistic, practical survival show ever.
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 3:48:10 PM EDT
[#9]
I don't like the Brit guy. It seems like he does a lot of dumbass things.

"Oh, there might be a bear in the area so I will go sprinting through the woods and leap off a cliff."

Why the hell, unless the hungry mean bear was RIGHT THERE, would you jump off a cliff (risking serious injury) into water (thus getting wet and risking hypothermia)? Also, why would you run about (also risking injury) when you might be low on energy?

"Oh, I hate moving through the woods and night and you should never do it. It's dangerous. Oh wait I JUST REMEMBERED that when I was SF we always moved at night and it's really pretty easy." He seriously said "I just remembered". WTF?

"I don't know a lot about bears, because despite coming to the Rockies I decided to learn little about my environment. Hey, a bear track! It must weigh 600 pounds! I don't know how I know this!"

I like survivorman better.
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 3:49:06 PM EDT
[#10]
did he have a mullet?
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 3:49:52 PM EDT
[#11]
*cough*Golem*cough*Golem*cough*
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 3:50:52 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 3:52:54 PM EDT
[#13]
Sounds like a good way to get Gidardia.  Ummm... Parasites!    [diharea]
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 4:03:10 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Man.... you are quick.

Link Posted: 3/12/2006 4:09:26 PM EDT
[#15]
Survivorman just gave up in one last night. He was in the "Canyon Country" of Utah, I think. Just up and said "I'm leaving. I dont know if I could make it another night."
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 4:13:12 PM EDT
[#16]
When I was in high school, the football captain bit a snake's head off before practice. I kid you not.

Somebody caught the thing on the way to the practice field (gardner snake, about a foot long, maybe more) and brought it up to him. Guys were trying to get him to bite it's head off...so he did. Turned the head around in his mouth and walked around with it sticking out of his teeth for a few minutes.

Did it right in front of me.
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 4:16:03 PM EDT
[#17]
Anybody that will bite anything's head off must be shot.  
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 4:24:08 PM EDT
[#18]
I saw that. The guy seemed pretty toolish, but frankly, that was badass.
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 4:31:32 PM EDT
[#19]
That show was a real winner. When he decides to take a float down the river ( for 12 miles in 40 degree water) to save time on his route. The first thing he does is stuff his backpack to make it his floatation device and then, later down the river if you look real close when he's stopped at the rocks you can clearly see that he was wearing a floatation vest under his grey sweatshirt. I wouldn't doubt that they fitted him with a dry suit also.
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 6:10:52 PM EDT
[#20]
I saw the previews for that show... pretty lame if it's staged like that.
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 6:12:52 PM EDT
[#21]
Yeah, but wait until he jumps into the river. Tell me you can't see his floatation vest not so covertly hidden under his T-Shirt.

My wife called even before I did.
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 6:15:30 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
Anybody that will bite anything's head off must be shot.  

What about the Ozzman!?
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 6:24:01 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
Yeah, but wait until he jumps into the river. Tell me you can't see his floatation vest not so covertly hidden under his T-Shirt.

My wife called even before I did.

Yes.  I did see the vest under his shirt.  That disapointed me.

But I will admit that I learned a couple little things from the show, and I was entertained.  I would watch it again.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 6:29:40 AM EDT
[#24]
I learned a little bit but was concerned about what he's teaching people about hygiene. Eating with filthy hands = teh nasty.

Must check out "Survivorman" though- what channel is it on?
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 6:31:08 AM EDT
[#25]
They don't show all the pills he needs to take to get rid of the worms.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 6:37:20 AM EDT
[#26]
I saw that show too.  

It seems as if he is trying to be more "X-Treme" to make up for having a camera crew follow his ass around.  And I like how the guy's name is "Bear."  It's probably really Nigel but he wanted a manly nickname to offset his blow-dried 'do.

If there were a bear, it'd have to drag my ass out of that shelter.  I'm not about to go running breakneck in the dark through the woods.  

Survivorman pwnz his ass.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top