Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/12/2006 2:25:57 PM EDT
every diesel ive seen is a 4x4, ive looked through yahoo auto's and couldnt find any. are all diesel trucks turbo?
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 2:30:46 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
every diesel ive seen is a 4x4, ive looked through yahoo auto's and couldnt find any. are all diesel trucks turbo?

I'm sure you could.  The '95 Chevy C3500 diesel my dad had was 2WD.  I'm sure you could find one.

Ebay autos has a lot of variety.

Yes they're all turbo IIRC.
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 2:30:53 PM EDT
[#2]
pretty much so in the newer Ford, Chevy,Dodge. The diesel trucks are so front end heavy that they get stuck easy. More ground clearance problem is usually solved. If only 2WD, no weight on rear= stuck on wet grass. IMHO
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 2:50:14 PM EDT
[#3]
I'v seen rwd dualies that are diesel.
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 2:56:24 PM EDT
[#4]
You can buy any diesel pickup in 2wd. Any diesel pickup built after 1993 will have a turbocharger.

If you plan on driving only on dry pavement, then get a 2wd. A 2wd diesel is helpless in snow, mud, wet grass, etc.
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 4:48:04 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
You can buy any diesel pickup in 2wd. Any diesel pickup built after 1993 will have a turbocharger.

If you plan on driving only on dry pavement, then get a 2wd. A 2wd diesel is useless helpless in snow, mud, wet grass, etc.

Fixed it for you!

Merlin
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 4:58:33 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

If you plan on driving only on dry pavement, then get a 2wd. A 2wd diesel is useless helpless in snow, mud, wet grass, etc.

Fixed it for you!

Merlin

Thanks.

IMHO anything that is 2wd, and won't go faster than 120 mph is pointless, but that wasn't the question that was asked.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top