Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/12/2006 10:13:50 AM EDT
I've heard all you open wheel lovers tell us NASCAR fans that F1 is supposed to be more exciting, hard to do blah, blah..I've been watching this Bahrain, boring shit and the nly thing remotely close to excitings is 2 cars almost hit in the pits.. F1 sucks. You have nothing over Nascar...nothing but boring no lead changes...no fans in the stands. I don't know where you get off saying NASCAR sucks...your tastes  are screwed up or you just love eurotrash racing.

I've been watching this crap for an hour...what do they get when they win the race? A silk pillow?
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 10:16:25 AM EDT
[#1]
So going around in circles all day is more exciting
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 10:19:06 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

+1

I can't get into nascar...  F1 and MotoGP...  100Xs better In my opinion
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 10:20:01 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Yes. And NASCAR has more fans standing in line at  the concession stands than I can see at this Bahrain race. Pathetic. How many lead changes? 3? Yeah..this is exciting.

How many AMericans are racing this race? Yeah...love watching eurotrash going around in loops and circles.
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 10:31:25 AM EDT
[#4]
It going to be a good season.

Ferrari is back in the running this year.
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 10:31:32 AM EDT
[#5]
How many AMericans are racing this race? Yeah...love watching eurotrash going around in loops and circles.

One,Scott Speed 13th, results: http://www.formula1.com/race/result/751/8.html
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 10:34:02 AM EDT
[#6]
F1 and ALMS
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 10:34:27 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

One,Scott Speed 13th, results: http://www.formula1.com/race/result/751/8.html

They have been looking for a good american driver, we just dont have any programs to make great drivers, Most F1 drivers started Cart racing while in Elementry school.
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 10:41:38 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 10:44:45 AM EDT
[#9]
It was more exciting when they had V10s last season. Less power, more of a need to combat drag and carry speed through corners since the powers not there with the V8s.

The FIA sucks, not F1.
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 10:45:22 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

The FIA sucks, not F1.

QFT
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 10:46:56 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yes. And NASCAR has more fans standing in line at  the concession stands than I can see at this Bahrain race. Pathetic. How many lead changes? 3? Yeah..this is exciting.

So... You find NASCAR more exciting because there are a lot of spectators in the stands and the drivers have American names?  

Link Posted: 3/12/2006 10:51:08 AM EDT
[#12]
Tag for the
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 10:51:41 AM EDT
[#13]
Whatever on that shit, Medal of Honor on the Military Channel
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 10:54:52 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

#1 - who cares where the driver is from?

#2 - who cares how many people are in line at a concession stand?

#3 - F1 doesn't go around in loops and circles (as opposed to Nascar)...  They actually have turns (both left and right) - with hills
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 11:02:03 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

#3 - F1 doesn't go around in loops and circles (as opposed to Nascar)...  They actually have turns (both left and right) - with hills

#4 behind the WRC guys they are the best drivers on the planet.
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 11:03:29 AM EDT
[#16]
Bugger, I missed the start of the season?

Oh well, if Jordan isn't Irish owned any more, I've nobody to root for.

NTM
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 11:07:58 AM EDT
[#17]
I notice the nascar fans always focus on F1.  Got news for you, there exists other forms of road racing.........ALMS, GrandAm Rolex series, ChampCar, Speed World Challenge, GrandAm Cup for street stock, and many more.  Yet, you can only bring up that one series as comparison.

Did you watch the GrandAm Rolex cars last Saturday in Mexico City?  Talk about old school.  Bumping and banging and a real fight between two drivers, not the cleaned up version you see in nascar today.

There will be 120,000 people at Sebring next weekend simply due to the fact that any more would be too much for that place.  It's a little town in Central Florida that has zilch for hotels.

Before you grumble about road racing, try learning something about it besides F1.
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 11:12:15 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Bugger, I missed the start of the season?

Oh well, if Jordan isn't Irish owned any more, I've nobody to root for.

NTM

It's not Jordan anymore either, it's Midland.
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 11:24:43 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

#4 behind the WRC guys they are the best drivers on the planet.

+1 for WRC.  I just with they had better coverage here.  
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 11:55:20 AM EDT
[#20]
Did you watch the GrandAm Rolex cars last Saturday in Mexico City? Talk about old school. Bumping and banging and a real fight between two drivers, not the cleaned up version you see in nascar today

Doen't the France family own that series too?  If it won't be long before it turns into motorized WWE just like NA$CAR has become.  

.......and I'm a NA$CAR fan.
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 12:06:23 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Did you watch the GrandAm Rolex cars last Saturday in Mexico City? Talk about old school. Bumping and banging and a real fight between two drivers, not the cleaned up version you see in nascar today

Doen't the France family own that series too?  If it won't be long before it turns into motorized WWE just like NA$CAR has become.  

.......and I'm a NA$CAR fan.

Yes, it is owned by France and I was concerned about the same thing.  However, they seemed to have turned it over to Mark Raffauf to run as he sees fit.  Mark was the Chief Steward for the old IMSA Camel GT for many years and he won't put up with that crap.  

I have had the pleasure of working for Mark at many races and he knows what he is doing.  He also trusts the corner workers to tell him what is going on and does not question every corner report like a steward in another series did a few years ago.
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 12:08:20 PM EDT
[#22]
F1 and WRC!!!
NASCAR
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 12:12:05 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
F1 and WRC!!!
NASCAR

Yep.

The technology and power of an F1 car is second to none.  An F1 car will kill an inexperienced driver.  My coworkers '34 ford has more HP than a NASCAR car
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 12:40:21 PM EDT
[#24]
I'm a RACING fan and watch all types, including F1 and NASCAR.

As far as spectators go, NASCAR doesn't hold a candle to F1. They may not be at the track, but the number of people watching around the world is huge.
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 1:01:31 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
I've heard all you open wheel lovers tell us NASCAR fans that F1 is supposed to be more exciting, hard to do blah, blah..I've been watching this Bahrain, boring shit and the nly thing remotely close to excitings is 2 cars almost hit in the pits.. F1 sucks. You have nothing over Nascar...nothing but boring no lead changes...no fans in the stands. I don't know where you get off saying NASCAR sucks...your tastes  are screwed up or you just love eurotrash racing.

I've been watching this crap for an hour...what do they get when they win the race? A silk pillow?

F1 isn't for everyone. I admit it took me a long time to get used to it and now I have been a F1 fan for over 30 years. Some of the tracks can get boring especially if someone dominates like Michael Schumacher has over the years and after last year Fernando Alonso. Give it a chance, I think if you watch the Grand Prix of Monoco, Japan and in 2007 the Belgium Grand Prix  you will see that though it is not NASCAR it can be just as entertaining.
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 1:06:30 PM EDT
[#26]
I just love how NASCAR fans can't seem to grasp that there are other forms of motorsport which people enjoy. We don't all like NASCAR, in fact many of us hate it.
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 1:23:51 PM EDT
[#27]
I'm a fan of all sorts of racing. But, I've followed F1 since the early 60s. I watched the GP this morning and now going to watch Nascar. Yesterday I watched the bikes from Daytona.
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 1:36:13 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
I just love how NASCAR fans can't seem to grasp that there are other forms of motorsport which people enjoy. We don't all like NASCAR, in fact many of us hate it.

I am a connoiseur of all forms of motor racing  if it has wheels and goes fast its greatness
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 2:29:49 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

F1 isn't for everyone. I admit it took me a long time to get used to it and now I have been a F1 fan for over 30 years. Some of the tracks can get boring especially if someone dominates like Michael Schumacher has over the years and after last year Fernando Alonso. Give it a chance, I think if you watch the Grand Prix of Monoco, Japan and in 2007 the Belgium Grand Prix  you will see that though it is not NASCAR it can be just as entertaining.

I lived in Japan for 4 yrs when I was in the Marines.  I wasn't into racing when I got there but got into it the last year.  I had tickets to suzuka for F1 and MotoGP...  Both races I had to give away my tickets due to military oblitagions.
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 2:32:36 PM EDT
[#30]
Haven't got into Nascar or F1, but back in the late 80's I loved the Indy cars, when Nigel Mansel come over from F1 and spanked the good-ol boy Indy drivers for one or two seasons before retiring...  That was good stuff, before the IRL split from Indy car.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 11:33:34 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

F1 is about math. If you can't do the math, you're not going to "get it". And NO touching!
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 11:41:54 AM EDT
[#32]
All this roundy-round stuf is boring, give me NHRA Top Fuel anyday. Spectators are allowed in the pits, you have a manufacturers midway, and at most national meets thousands of sprotsman racers all with spectator access.  

Nothing like a good whif of NITRO  
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 2:49:48 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Hockenheim is a good track to watch too.  Though my favorite track to watch is Indy for the USGP.  The combination of half the track being the high speed oval, and the other half being the high downforce technical track makes for some intresting racing.  Oh BTW I had the pleasure of going to the inagural USGP in 2000 and I watched M. Schumacher with the race.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 6:27:21 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
All this roundy-round stuf is boring, give me NHRA Top Fuel anyday. Spectators are allowed in the pits, you have a manufacturers midway, and at most national meets thousands of sprotsman racers all with spectator access.  

Nothing like a good whif of NITRO  

Top Fuel is great time but I do like the roundy-round stuff..  Especially the sprint cars.  Not quite the earthshaking from the dragsters but something about a car turning sub 13second laps on a halfmile dirt oval.

and a +1 to the WRC guys, anyone see the bobsled vs evo on topgear?  2 mile down an ice/snow covered road in a minute?
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 10:36:14 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
Oh BTW I had the pleasure of going to the inagural USGP in 2000 and I watched M. Schumacher with the race.

I had the pleasure of going to the inaugural USGP in 2000, and I didn't care about Schumacher, as long as the Jordans managed to finish!

Actually, that's one of the odd things I've noticed about American sports fans: They rarely have flags. They'll buy the T-shirts, paint the faces, and whatever else, but flags, be it geographic (State, county, country) or team are rare. Foregieners, on the other hand, make no bones about where they're from:

I remember being shocked getting on the shuttle bus when the driver remarked that they had no experience of running cars in the rain. What the devil do you do if you fly in for the Indy 500 and it gets cancelled because the track's a bit wet?

NTM
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 10:59:54 PM EDT
[#36]
This is the only racing I like....

Cars that can be built by a guy in a garage, 850hp, sideways in the turns, and action the entire race. No team wins on pits, it's balls-out-racing for 50 laps. Heat races leading up to it.

F1 is fascinating, like Nascar is, from a technical standpoint but both are like watching old people hump. Takes all day and I don't care if I see the ending. And worse it's a $$/team race, the driver can be taken out of the equation if he's not supported by a multi-million dollar outfit.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 3:28:34 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

+1

I did like NASCAR, but that was pre 80's... before I saw the light and found other more interesting motorsports.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 3:45:23 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

I can't get into nascar...  F1 and MotoGP...  100Xs better In my opinion

+1 as well. I am not a car fan, but I catch all the SBK and MotoGP I can.

My goal is to catch a race live in Europe this year.

Link Posted: 3/14/2006 4:04:24 AM EDT
[#39]
I was a big F1 fan, Until I went to the USGP last year.
Haven't watched it since.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 4:12:36 AM EDT
[#40]
If your a racing fan, or call yourself one and are not overwhelmingly impressed with the driving abilities and display put on during this race by Kimi Räikkönen there at Bahrain, then you don't know shit about racing or driving.

Both the man and the car were simply unbelievable, I suspect we are in for an exciting year in F1 racing, for although he only finished third he no question had the best car in the field, (thank god something went right for this guy with huge brass balls given his extremely unlucky record with mechanical disasters over the years, as those who watched the qualifying can attest to)

You NAKED-GUNMAN are NO fan of racing or racing car drivers, infact you don't know shit about racing, racing cars or racing drivers.

You also apparently know nothing about the technology or what sort of effort it actually take to even drive a F1 car. Perhaps you should have a chat with Jeff Gordon, maybe he can explain it to ya as he like us rarely misses the F1 races.

Their running their 10th year Anniversary there at SPEED and I've been up at all hours of the morning and night  for the last 10 years watching F1 racing, World Rally racing and scoots.

I saw Ayrton Senna die along with Roland Ratzenberger in 1994 at the San Marino GP and they have not been the only ones. I have watched with amazement the rise and skill of Michael Schumacher who this last weekend tied Ayrton for the number of pole positions (65) in qualifying for F1 racing, undeniably the greatest racing car driver extent, in the world today. Shame ya could not see or understand any of the heritage or history behind what you have slighted, but then as mentioned above you don't know squat about real racing.

Hell you don't even know announcing, for IMO Steve Matchett, David Hobbs and Bob Varsha are some of the funniest, suggestivist, entertaining commentators on TV today, and they (unlike you) recognize real talent when they see it such as that turned in by Nico Rosberg, in the Williams, which as Hobbs so appropiately pointed out has some "serious attachments". They are a delight in themselves, shame your too stupid to realize it. And I wholeheartedly agree w/ their assesment of Nico, he's the real deal and the boy can drive a car.

If all you can do is bash F1 suggest ya just go back to the beer guzzling, WWF styled NASCAR racing and leave F1 for those that can tell a hawk from a handsaw as Sir Fancis Bacon so aptly noted.......

Mike

ps - sorry to be so rude, but then it's rare one runs into to folks so uninformed and wrongly opinionated about a sport as complex or as entertaining as F1 is, it ain't for guys like yourself so get over it and leave it for those of us with the abilities to appreciate it . Some us have brains.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 1:28:29 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
If your a racing fan, or call yourself one and are not overwhelmingly impressed with the driving abilities and display put on during this race by Kimi Räikkönen there at Bahrain, then you don't know shit about racing or driving.

Both the man and the car were simply unbelievable, I suspect we are in for an exciting year in F1 racing, for although he only finished third he no question had the best car in the field, (thank god something went right for this guy with huge brass balls given his extremely unlucky record with mechanical disasters over the years, as those who watched the qualifying can attest to)

You NAKED-GUNMAN are NO fan of racing or racing car drivers, infact you don't know shit about racing, racing cars or racing drivers.

You also apparently know nothing about the technology or what sort of effort it actually take to even drive a F1 car. Perhaps you should have a chat with Jeff Gordon, maybe he can explain it to ya as he like us rarely misses the F1 races.

Their running their 10th year Anniversary there at SPEED and I've been up at all hours of the morning and night  for the last 10 years watching F1 racing, World Rally racing and scoots.

I saw Ayrton Senna die along with Roland Ratzenberger in 1994 at the San Marino GP and they have not been the only ones. I have watched with amazement the rise and skill of Michael Schumacher who this last weekend tied Ayrton for the number of pole positions (65) in qualifying for F1 racing, undeniably the greatest racing car driver extent, in the world today. Shame ya could not see or understand any of the heritage or history behind what you have slighted, but then as mentioned above you don't know squat about real racing.

Hell you don't even know announcing, for IMO Steve Matchett, David Hobbs and Bob Varsha are some of the funniest, suggestivist, entertaining commentators on TV today, and they (unlike you) recognize real talent when they see it such as that turned in by Nico Rosberg, in the Williams, which as Hobbs so appropiately pointed out has some "serious attachments". They are a delight in themselves, shame your too stupid to realize it. And I wholeheartedly agree w/ their assesment of Nico, he's the real deal and the boy can drive a car.

If all you can do is bash F1 suggest ya just go back to the beer guzzling, WWF styled NASCAR racing and leave F1 for those that can tell a hawk from a handsaw as Sir Fancis Bacon so aptly noted.......

Mike

ps - sorry to be so rude, but then it's rare one runs into to folks so uninformed and wrongly opinionated about a sport as complex or as entertaining as F1 is, it ain't for guys like yourself so get over it and leave it for those of us with the abilities to appreciate it . Some us have brains.

Gosh, after reading that vitriolic rant, I'm sure going to check out an F1 race now!

It sounds so neato.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top