Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/12/2006 9:24:14 AM EDT
I want to cut a screen shot of a gun in a dvd and don't know how.  Any help is appreciated.
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 9:25:31 AM EDT
[#1]
Tag for info

GM
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 9:25:39 AM EDT
[#2]
I don't think that you can unless you have a special video capture card in your computer.
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 9:30:20 AM EDT
[#3]
you can't just print screen it?  if it's running in window's media player or similar DVD playing program it should work.... this meaning the DVD is playing on your computer in the first place
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 9:31:14 AM EDT
[#4]
You can't print screen it, however you can use FRAPS

ETA: Linky
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 4:21:59 PM EDT
[#5]
I was hoping you could do the "print screen" thing, playing the DVD on the computer.

Well, what the hell do I know?

GM

Link Posted: 3/12/2006 4:39:50 PM EDT
[#6]
You don't need a special video capture card.  Check your DVD player software -- it may have a button or menu item that allows a frame capture.  I use Nero Showtime to play DVDs -- it's part of the software that came with my Sony DVD drive.  There's a button on the control panel called "Capture Frame".  Click it, and the computer copies a bitmap image of the current screen to the Windows Clipboard.  Then, just open Paint or some other graphics program and paste the image to create a file you can work with.

Link Posted: 3/12/2006 4:40:47 PM EDT
[#7]
Hit pause and take a picture with your camera
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 4:41:58 PM EDT
[#8]
Try Advanced Batch Converter.
If you can get the image on the screen you can grab it.
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 4:45:57 PM EDT
[#9]
If you are using PowerDVD, it has a built in screen capture feature.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top