Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/12/2006 7:44:25 AM EDT
not the greatest movie, but for it's time it was a pretty cool CGI based movie.
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 7:53:22 AM EDT
[#1]
Wow, I was just a kid when that came out.

I loved it.

Love the video game too.

Ahhh, the 80s....  

Summary for those that do not know:

www.imdb.com/title/tt0084827/plotsummary

Hacker/arcade owner Kevin Flynn is desperate to prove that the hottest videogames from ENCOM were stolen from him by a former co-worker, who is now a senior executive there. Flynn's efforts, however, are made fruitless by ENCOM's "Big Brother," the megalomaniacal Master Control Program. One night, the MCP catches Flynn in an attempted hack and pulls him into the virtual world. Flynn finds that the MCP is making life in the virtual world just as, if not more, miserable as in the real world. Flynn's only hope is to find TRON, a heroic independent system security program, and help him destroy the MCP to bring order to both worlds.
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 8:04:37 AM EDT
[#2]
I could kick ass on the Arcade game!

Wish I could find one.
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 8:06:59 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 9:52:29 AM EDT
[#4]
Love the movie, even though it's not cinematically great or anything.  Jeff Bridges definitely had some issues with his acting during the movie.

The DVD (which I own) is great.  THX certified sound means the entire room is shaking whenever Sark's carrier makes an appearance.  
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 10:03:31 AM EDT
[#5]
Pretty cool at the time but now it just puts me to sleep.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top