Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/12/2006 7:43:07 AM EDT
the Mrs and I went shopping Friday. She mentioned wanting to buy some new pots and skillets. I asked her why, because she does not use the ones we have.

She's still pissed.
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 7:44:11 AM EDT
[#1]
DOH!
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 7:45:20 AM EDT
[#2]
Is it true?
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 7:46:34 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Is it true?

Pretty much. I cook 90% of the time.
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 7:47:04 AM EDT
[#4]
Maybe she doesn't like the ones she has and if she had nice, shiny new ones would use them more often.
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 7:47:50 AM EDT
[#5]
Well if you could aford them let her get them. If not she will get over that. Did you say sorry and you where just kiding or some crap.
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 7:47:50 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Maybe she doesn't like the ones she has and if she had nice, shiny new ones would use them more often.

Yeah, right!  
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 7:47:53 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
the Mrs and I went shopping Friday. She mentioned wanting to buy some new pots and skillets. I asked her why, because she does not use the ones we have.

She's still pissed.

What I don't understand is why women who don't cook or don't like to cook, even want new cooking utensils in the first place?  I've seen it time and time again and I'll never understand it.  But then again, I gave up on understanding women years ago.

And don't use logic on them, it just pisses them off.
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 7:48:46 AM EDT
[#8]

When you make jokes like that, it's important to loudly yell "BUUUUUUUURN !!!" right in her face immediately afterwards.  I've found it really diffuses such situations.

Link Posted: 3/12/2006 7:51:09 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 7:57:36 AM EDT
[#10]
You need to replace the cohabitation filter that fits right there between your brain and your mouth. Clearly, the old one has expired.

Recently, I picked up a helpful phrase from Dr. Laura. Before speaking my mind, I think to myself, "Is this the hill I wish to die on?"
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 8:03:11 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 8:04:38 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Rule #1

Do not make sarcastic remarks regarding 'perceived female duties' around the house, even if there is a ring of truth to them.  This not only condemns YOU to perform said duty for all of eternity, but ensures you a spot in a nice, warm place for your future.  Like Hell.

Although, according to Bama, he DOES perform those "duties" about 90% of the time.  So he's not really violating the rule too much.
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 8:06:29 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 8:08:17 AM EDT
[#14]
hell just eat out every day, then  theres no use for having pots and pans and plates and utensils, all you have to do is bring home a taco bell cup to drink out of.
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 8:09:55 AM EDT
[#15]
Look at it this way, you will at least get some targets out of the deal.  Shooting pots and pans is fun.
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 8:10:01 AM EDT
[#16]
My wife never cooks, but yet she just spent way too much buying three of Rachel Ray's cook books. Not one, but three. She has had them for two weeks, and still has not used them. I think she likes the idea of cooking, but not the reality.
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 8:10:05 AM EDT
[#17]
Modern Woman wants nice shiny pots and pans to look at and show off to the "jones"

Real women use the damn things, and the more used they are, the better they get.

Besides, the older one's tend to be MUCH heavier and less apt to to have hot spots. They would do a much better job then the nice looking cheap one's of today.

If she brings up that you have guns you don't use much if at all, you've lost. Just buy her the damn things.
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 8:10:39 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Rule #1

Do not make sarcastic remarks regarding 'perceived female duties' around the house, even if there is a ring of truth to them.  This not only condemns YOU to perform said duty for all of eternity, but ensures you a spot in a nice, warm place for your future.  Like Hell.

Although, according to Bama, he DOES perform those "duties" about 90% of the time.  So he's not really violating the rule too much.

That doesn't mean he won't suffer for it just the same.

I KNEW there was a catch!!  
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 8:25:47 AM EDT
[#19]
You need to post bikini pics before I can render an opinion on this topic.
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 8:56:25 AM EDT
[#20]
Bama-Shooter,

You owe Mrs. Bama-Shooter an apology, and an awesome meal at the finest restaurant.  On the way home from the restaurant stop at the best kitchen supply store and buy her the finest cooking-ware, and make sure you include a really nice pie pan.  Ask her what's for dinner tomorrow night, and request pie for dessert.  Then let us know how tasty the dinner and pie was...

Off this topic, (but since that other famous topic is locked, and maybe some others are wondering too) I ask the following questions:

(1) How is that other couple doing that had the famous foursome?  (2) Still married?  (3) Still happy?  (4) Are they seperated, disease ridden, and hellbound yet?

Regarding that woman friend part of that equation - (5) Would you have hit it?  An inquiring,  deviant mind wants to know...

Regards,
Hedonist
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 9:05:03 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Bama-Shooter,

You owe Mrs. Bama-Shooter an apology, and an awesome meal at the finest restaurant.  On the way home from the restaurant stop at the best kitchen supply store and buy her the finest cooking-ware, and make sure you include a really nice pie pan.  Ask her what's for dinner tomorrow night, and request pie for dessert.  Then let us know how tasty the dinner and pie was...

Off this topic, (but since that other famous topic is locked, and maybe some others are wondering too) I ask the following questions:

(1) How is that other couple doing that had the famous foursome?  (2) Still married?  (3) Still happy?  (4) Are they seperated, disease ridden, and hellbound yet?

Regarding that woman friend part of that equation - (5) Would you have hit it?  An inquiring,  deviant mind wants to know...

Regards,
Hedonist

The Mrs went on this baking pies kick a while back. We went and bought all the stuff. I haven't seen a pie baked in at least 8 to 9 months. The stuff we have is nice. Just used.

I was kidding when I said it. But I guess I shouldn't have opened my mouth. I thought it was funny.

She will get taken out to dinner Saturday night.

As far as I know they are still together. They have not called back in a while. No, I do not find the other guys wife attractive to me. Too skinny.
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 9:09:44 AM EDT
[#22]
Buy her a new set - cast iron (made in America of course) including a dutch oven.  Next thing is to get her to use it and especially make pies in that dutch oven.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top