Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/12/2006 3:26:27 AM EDT
And this book sucks.  Poorly written, unbelievable charaters, and packed full of the authors little rants make this book hard to read.  Not to mention that he obviously hates the US government, every bit of it to the Nth degree, unreasonably in my opinion.  

I hope I can finish it, but I am already skipping pages trying to actually find an interesting story here.
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 4:21:55 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
And this book sucks.  Poorly written, unbelievable charaters, and packed full of the authors little rants make this book hard to read.  Not to mention that he obviously hates the US government, every bit of it to the Nth degree, unreasonably in my opinion.  

I hope I can finish it, but I am already skipping pages trying to actually find an interesting story here.

it's a hardcore libertarian rant for the most part, you should have bought unintenede consequences instead.
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 9:21:33 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:

it's a hardcore libertarian rant for the most part, you should have bought unintenede consequences instead.

I have that on order as well.  I have read the book "Enemies Foreign and Domestic" and think it is a much better book on all levels.  Yeah, I guess I can see now that this book is definitely a hard core libertarian rant, there is no other way to put it.
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 10:43:02 AM EDT
[#3]
Has anyone read the book "LEVER ACTION"? Is that any good?
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 5:43:16 PM EDT
[#4]
This is my review of the Black Arrow:

It sucks.  It reads like a comic book.  The characters, or should I say "carictures" are one dimensional mouth pieces for the author's anti-government, anti-religion, anti-tax, and pro-drug rant.  The solution to all these problems identified by the author, according to the author, is killing government officials and agents, all of whom are pig-headed, stupid, poorly trained (come on, arrows versus guns and the guns lose?), and thoroughly without morals.  Or at least worse morals than the main characters, the "good guys" who really don't have much going for them.  

Even if you are a libertarian, this book has nothing constructive to offer, and is a horrible story also.  It is a not even disguised "Batman-Robin Hood-Zorro" story, and pretty poorly written.  The author also loves to write nice juicey sex scenes, especially if it involves some form of rape.  Which is disturbing.

Actually this is only a review of the first half of the book, the whole thing is in my trash can right now.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 5:49:23 PM EDT
[#5]
I must assume that you are not referring to the classic R.L. Stevenson book "The Black Arrow" that I read when 15, and thought was great (a novel about the Wars of the Roses).
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 5:52:05 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I must assume that you are not referring to the classic R.L. Stevenson book "The Black Arrow" that I read when 15, and thought was great (a novel about the Wars of the Roses).

No, this is some book by Vin Suprenowicz or something like that... I don't feel like digging the book up to check the spelling.  Takes place in 2030... when people are much dumber.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 8:28:12 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Yeah it was pretty good.  Whenever I need to bone up on my piracy I read "Treasure Island," that's a fun read too.  I got to hike up to RLS's gravesite when I was in Western Samoa.

Don't forget Charalton Heston once played Long John Silver.  If you get a chance to see that version it's pretty damn good.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top