Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/11/2006 11:14:16 PM EDT
Here we go! Just in time for the Brave New World:

Cyberrepression

Inspired by:

Dear User:

Unfortunately, access to this particular category or item has been blocked due to legal restrictions in your home country. Based on our discussions with concerned government agencies and eBay community members, we have taken these steps to reduce the chance of inappropriate items being displayed. Regrettably, in some cases this policy may prevent users from accessing items that do not violate the law. At this time, we are working on less restrictive alternatives. Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience this may cause you, and we hope you may find other items of interest on eBay.

Thank You.
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 11:15:28 PM EDT
[#1]
I like E-repression better.
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 11:15:44 PM EDT
[#2]
I've invented two so far.
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 11:18:01 PM EDT
[#3]
e-censor?
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 11:18:43 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

and they are...?
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 11:19:54 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 11:21:53 PM EDT
[#6]
[O&A on] Sorry Aye_Guy, but Howard Stern invented that word [/O&A off]

--VT
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 11:29:18 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sniglets?

One was 'nipplegate' for the janet jackson superbowl fiasco. I was at free republic that night and started using it and keyworded a bunch of threads with it, then after that drudge started calling it 'nipplegate'. Google has about 141,000 matches for it now - first one is on CNN!

The other one has only been told to family and friends, but it's caught on with them. One day I will stealthily release it onto the internet and watch as it grows from sub 500 hits (non of them related to correct usage, but instead to unrelated wordings) to hundreds of thousands of uses as I intend it! MWUAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Link Posted: 3/11/2006 11:32:34 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 11:36:13 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Cyberrepression

Inspired by:

Dear User:

Unfortunately, access to this particular category or item has been blocked due to legal restrictions in your home country. Based on our discussions with concerned government agencies and eBay community members, we have taken these steps to reduce the chance of inappropriate items being displayed. Regrettably, in some cases this policy may prevent users from accessing items that do not violate the law. At this time, we are working on less restrictive alternatives. Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience this may cause you, and we hope you may find other items of interest on eBay.

Thank You.

And what exactly was it you were trying to look at that the communist state of Kommiefornia would not allow you to see?
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 11:42:43 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Hey, that's actually pretty cool.  

It was pretty funny opening up drudge a few days later and seeing it on his site.

Almost as cool as having one of my magazine spoof covers printed in the Wall Street Journal...almost, but not quite.
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 11:56:37 PM EDT
[#11]
  I invented a new word several years ago. I'm an over the road truck driver and the lingo truckers use I came up with a new name for it Truckerisms. It's kinda like Ebonics you know.
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 11:58:10 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Cyberrepression

Inspired by:

Dear User:

Thank You.

DUPE!
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 12:23:24 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Cyberrepression

Inspired by:

Dear User:

Thank You.

And what exactly was it you were trying to look at that the communist state of Kommiefornia would not allow you to see?

not me

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=445112
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 5:22:40 AM EDT
[#14]
I've been using McMansions and SUVidiots for quite some time.
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 5:37:00 AM EDT
[#15]
Stampompeled.

It's what happed to a bunch of fans at a WHO concert several years back.
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 9:32:57 AM EDT
[#16]
I'm pretty sure I started using "Mengelian genetics" (to describe abortion) before anyone else.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top