Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/11/2006 9:45:01 PM EDT
When I was kid, my parents worked quite a bit.  I would go to school, come home and make sure my little sister was safe.  But we would be alone for several hours until the parents came home.  

I remember being frightened several times.   We lived in an apartment complex in a  bad neighborhood and there were fights, people screaming, cars being broken into etc.

I wasnt never frightened of monsters, I figured if something supernatural wanted to get me it would.

But I had a fighting chance with the 2 legged monsters.

I got my first gun soon after that.  Convinced my Dad, I needed a 22 rifle.

So it began.  
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 9:47:40 PM EDT
[#1]
i was never afraid of being home alone.

of course, i lived in a quietg neighborhood...
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 9:49:27 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

I was scared shitless.  We lived in the hood.  Just a few miles from the nastiest parts of Detroit.  You could look out your window and see people getting robbed and mugged.  
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 9:50:58 PM EDT
[#3]
my parents hated guns until after Hurricane Andrew.  After they saw Miami self-destruct they went out and bought .38 pistols.  Little Rossi pieces of shit, but they got the job done.  My dad never wanted me to have toy guns.  Even though I never really got into shooting until my late teens, I was taught a healthy respect for guns, and the safe use/handling of them.

I have just chosen to make guns a hobby of mine.
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 9:51:35 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I was scared shitless.  We lived in the hood.  Just a few miles from the nastiest parts of Detroit.  You could look out your window and see people getting robbed and mugged.  

Did your parents take you out trick or treating on devils night???
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 9:52:27 PM EDT
[#5]
my dad didnt think we needed guns until i started to want to go hunting with my friend.  

Thats how i got into them. I got into hunting so i could get guns and now he know that i like to shoot so he is usually fine with whatever i get as long as i pay for it.  

This doesnt mean i dont like hunting, i love it but thats only certain times of year, i can shoot guns anytime of year.

6 years ago we had 3 guns, now we have 8.
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 10:06:53 PM EDT
[#6]
This post explains so much
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top