Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/11/2006 9:13:35 PM EDT
Over their food stamp card not working.

Doesnt take much to set these people off, and I was pretty sure a fight was going to happen. I was at work and unarmed. Only through gentle persuasion and a little diplomacy am I typing for you tonight.

PS, I am a manager at a grocery store.
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 9:15:12 PM EDT
[#1]
People should be able to pass monthly drug tests to get welfare. Damn meth heads. Too many where i live.
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 9:15:22 PM EDT
[#2]
If I ran a grocery store, I'd have a single lane for all of the welfare food stamp card leeches to use.

Real people could use it too along with any other lane, but the leech class would be restricted to JUST that lane.

And I'd staff it with the slowest dumbest clerk I had on staff.

Link Posted: 3/11/2006 9:15:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Is it store policy, that you can't carry
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 9:15:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Many times, cool heads prevail.

Good job.

HH
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 9:15:57 PM EDT
[#5]
how do you know he was a meth addict?
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 9:16:19 PM EDT
[#6]
It gives me a warm fuzzy feeling knowing that as a Taxpayer I am helping a meth head eat a balanced diet
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 9:17:12 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
It gives me a warm fuzzy feeling knowing that as a Taxpayer I am helping a meth head eat a balanced diet

yeah...do they prefer skim or 2% milk?
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 9:19:13 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

It's not that hard to figure out.
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 9:19:57 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

The security officer, who is an off-duty police officer, and I had a little chat about the situation afterwards. The symtoms were fairly obvious...high level of agitation, picking of the face, scratching arms, sunken cheeks, inability to sit still, complete lack of rationality.

It was alarming to the point that the securty officer refused to deal with the addict afterwards in the parking lot for multiple complaints that he was urinating on the building.
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 9:20:36 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Link Posted: 3/11/2006 9:21:23 PM EDT
[#11]
Move to my 'hood' and you can deal with ice heads everyday.

If you ever watch Dog the bounty hunter on tv chances ar youve seen my neighborhood at least twice.
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 9:22:24 PM EDT
[#12]
My freshman year of college, which wasn't too long ago, I was flipping through channels getting ready to go to bed when I heard a ruckus. I went ouside and there was this kid trying to start a fight with some other guy. He was obviously drunk, I figured.

So, I told him to be cool and calm down and leave. He finally decided to and on his way out bumped in to a girl. He then grabbed her by the face and shoved her against the wall. I kicked off my Dale Jr. slippers and proceeded in backing him toward the door cursing, etc.

About a eye blink later I was seeing spots. I snapped out of it and noticed he was choking me out. I punched him in the face about a dozen times...nothing. I slammed his head against the wall...nothing. Finally I just got him down and beat the dog shit out of him until he wanted to quit fighting...he never did. I ended up having to hold him to the ground in an armbar for about 15 mins before THREE big cops cuffed, shackled, and zip tied his ass. I later found out he had drank a fifth of Jack and had done enough PCP to literally disable a horse.

Now every time I am around one of the witnesses I get the "Hey, tell that one story about kicking that guys ass in your house slippers..." bit. Anyone else would have done the same thing, but I never expected it to happen to me.

ETA, I feel your pain, I worked as a bitch-boy at a grocery store during high school. I was pretty sure I was going to get my ass kicked by big brothas because they wouldn't let the buy a pack of Liggett Light 100s with our tax dollars.
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 9:28:17 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Probably the rotted teeth, BO and the 50% below normal body weight that gave him away… or it may have been the shot pupils, fidgeting and generally weasely stature… or it might have been the psychotic Charley Manson stare… or the instant rage over no provocation… or the track marks and sores

It really is pretty obvious.

see
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 9:29:38 PM EDT
[#14]
i'd hit the second one.
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 9:30:33 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
If I ran a grocery store, I'd have a single lane for all of the welfare food stamp card leeches to use.

Real people could use it too along with any other lane, but the leech class would be restricted to JUST that lane.

And I'd staff it with the slowest dumbest clerk I had on staff.

You read my mind.

I was in the EXPRESS lane and was unfortunate enough to land behind a welfare queen that was paying for things with her food stamps under like three different orders.  I'm sitting there wondering why she has to pay for a few things at a time as completely separate transactions instead of lumping everything together. And of course there are only two other lanes open and they're both packed with people with their carts full of groceries.
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 9:31:55 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
i'd hit the second one.

I'm sure someone already did
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 9:34:55 PM EDT
[#17]
I was just curious, the ones around here look relatively normal.

Link Posted: 3/11/2006 9:38:52 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

img.photobucket.com/albums/v220/berzz/tyrone_biggums.jpg

Crackhead
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 9:39:59 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

the meth itself is corrosive to the teeth, but the smart ones will brush right after smoking it, and then eat some food so they're remain relatively healthy and of normal weight....
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 9:42:31 PM EDT
[#20]
Haha, yeah Chapelle played a crackhead.

"Let me tell you a little something about me Joe Rogan you might not know...I smoke rocks."

Meth junkies a lot of times will have scratches all over their face where they scratch their skin off. Black rings around eyes. Gray teeth. All the stuff I'm looking for in a woman.
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 9:42:36 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

the meth itself is corrosive to the teeth, but the smart ones will brush right after smoking it, and then eat some food so they're remain relatively healthy and of normal weight....

that lasts for a while, but they all reach a point where they stop caring about anything but the meth.  it's kinda sad, but i think it is just natural selection.  they should recieve no help from the gov't unless they consent to regular drug testing
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top