Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/14/2001 4:44:52 PM EDT
I think I have a PCR-5 only because it appears to fit the desciption: 16" barrel, A2 sights, muzzle brake.  But on the left side it actually says PCR99. I haven't been able to figure it out using the serial number. All I know is that it was made in 99. Oly's website not much help but I did get a basic email answer when I asked. Oly's response was only a guess based on the sketchy info I provided.  Can you help?
Link Posted: 8/14/2001 5:45:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/14/2001 6:05:26 PM EDT
[#2]
I thought that "Politically Correct Rifle" was the model designation.  Mine says "MOD P.C.R. 00".
Link Posted: 8/15/2001 11:33:46 AM EDT
[#3]
Hey, that's it. That's what I have. So does that make it a PCR-5 for sure?
Link Posted: 8/15/2001 11:58:20 AM EDT
[#4]
PCR stands for Politically Correct Rifle.  The other two digits signify the year of manufacture.  The only way to know what model you have is to know the descriptions of each.

PCR-1 Flat-top 20" or 24" barrel, free float handguard
PCR-2 A2 carry handle, 16" barrel, free float handguard
PCR-3 Same as PCR-1 but with 16" barrel
PCR-4 Standard A2 20" rifle
PCR-5 A2 16" rifle
PCR-6 Same as PCR-4 except in caliber 7.62x39mm
PCR-7 16" eliminator (same as Bushmaster dissipator)
PCR-SM 20 DCM competition model gun (SM=Service Match)
CAR-97 16" carbine (has fixed open stock of post-ban models)

Hope this helps some
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top