Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/11/2006 4:52:46 AM EDT
So I am awake at 3:00 this morn and I decide to get some paperwork done.
I log into the Bank of America website to check my business account to verify my deposits from last night and for some reason I cannot get access to all of my accounts.
No personal checking,savings,business,investments, nothing. I try over the course of several hours and still the same error. "We are unable to process this request at this time." keeps popping up.
So I figure some internet issue's, I will call and report/find out at 7:00 when they open. Well about 7:30 I try to log in again before I call and now they have this message posted,

We are currently experiencing problems that may cause On line Banking to operate more slowly than normal, or to otherwise interfere with your On line Banking session.

We apologize for this inconvenience and are working to restore full On line Banking service as quickly as possible.

So I figure there is still some computer glitch for on line access, no big deal. I will just use my card and verify over the phone that the deposits are made. The phone part doesn't work either it just rolls me over to a person. She says, and I quote "I am sorry sir but our computers are updating right now so no one has access to their accounts/balances/transfers at this time."
me: "When the hell will it be fixed."
her: "Sir it is not broken, it is just updating."
me: "lady don't lie to me, just tell me when the hell it will be fixed."
her: "as soon as possible, they are working hard to fix it. Have a good day."  }silence{

WTF? I don't know if this is just TN or what but what is this crap.
I guess I am going out today and getting a old used mattress to keep my money in for now on.
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 4:56:10 AM EDT
[#1]
I have noticed for the last 2 days that I had difficulty accessing my account.

I rarely have problems with them, but it is a bitch when you want to check your account.

ETA:  Tried to access twice, will not load.
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 5:04:17 AM EDT
[#2]
I wonder if their "system" was slow and the clerk clicked "UPDATE" twice before the first click posted.  That'd be amazing if it's true.  Wild speculation, of course.  
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 5:05:35 AM EDT
[#3]
Project Mayhem.
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 5:07:52 AM EDT
[#4]
Texans Credit Union used to do their updates on Sunday mornings, but they changed it last I remember. I just remember on Sunday mornings, I couldn't log in, or even access my cash from ATMs or point of sale registers.

Comerica apparantly does this late at night, there have been times that I tried logging in to review activity and am not able to between a particular time window (I think it's midnight - 3am).

Link Posted: 3/11/2006 5:20:31 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 5:26:08 AM EDT
[#6]
I am not familiar with their update process but I know in 7 years this has never happened.
Just seems a little weird to me.
I always love the companies "We are just updating" excuse they give people. Like we are supposed to believe the largest bank in the world updates their system for, 7 hours now, and it blocks customers access or limits it severely.
I would have never made mention of it if not for the fact that when I called there the lady that works at the bank doesn't even have access to my accounts. Now thats not updating, thats a issue.

BTW: UZIgrl If I want your smart ass comment I will IM you and ask you for it. Have a great day/night whatever. [
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 5:35:31 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 5:35:43 AM EDT
[#8]
AH HA! VooDoo3dfx, thanks for the link.

So that's where my $75,000.00 dollars disappeared to. I need to call them and let them know I am on the way to the local branch to pick up my reimbursement check.
If it was that simple.

The new crooks are so smart. I remember growing up lifting a piece of bubble gum out of my grandfathers grocery store was a big deal. That was big crime for us. Granted he would have gave it to us, and I know he knew we were taking the gum balls, but we thought we were gangsters.
The kids today blow my mind. We need to start random sterilizing the little turds.

"That's the irony, the PIN was supposed to make debit cards secure," Litan said. "Up until this breach, everyone thought ATMS and PINs could never be compromised."
Wait, I dont remember them asking me this question. I would have told them different.Even im not that dumb.
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 5:48:18 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 6:09:31 AM EDT
[#10]
Thats because you are a moderator. EVERYONE KNOWS, even the bank, that you have God like privileges.  

I got luck that one time so far. I will try again later. I don't want to over burden their hamster running their server wheels. Who knows, I might have caused a wide spread panic with this post and further enhanced their problems.
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 6:10:33 AM EDT
[#11]
Was that a Sunday morning at 3am? If so, that's within the Bank's standard maintenance window, and if you try at that time it's likely you'll have the same problem every Sunday morning.

If you still couldnt get in at 7am, then that means they f*cked something up while performing a change under the standard maintenance window.

Edit - Woops, looks like it was actually this morning, but at least you'll know what it is if it ever happens on a Sunday now.
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 6:15:27 AM EDT
[#12]
I just logged in and saw it all.

Link Posted: 3/11/2006 6:15:38 AM EDT
[#13]
I just logged in with no problems.  I've noticed that they do update their files every morning, very early.  I assume they are uploading the deposits/withdrawls, etc. from the day before.  A couple of times I've had the system unavailable for me though.

Eric  
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 6:34:57 AM EDT
[#14]
Just got in.
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 7:29:56 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Was that a Sunday morning at 3am? If so, that's within the Bank's standard maintenance window, and if you try at that time it's likely you'll have the same problem every Sunday morning.

If you still couldnt get in at 7am, then that means they f*cked something up while performing a change under the standard maintenance window.

Edit - Woops, looks like it was actually this morning, but at least you'll know what it is if it ever happens on a Sunday now.

And nothing leads to systemwide fuckups like "upgrades".  
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 7:34:41 AM EDT
[#16]
bank of america gave me a royal good fucking when i was in the navy. got my checks direct deposited there, and money always seemed to go missing. Then, I went inside the bank and closed my account. a year and a half later, they throw it into collections because I owe them $350 worth of zero balance fees. I'm still fighting them over this crap. Anyhow after that, i went to bank one/chase, not a problem since.
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 8:00:03 AM EDT
[#17]
not problem seen from here
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 8:17:06 AM EDT
[#18]
Apparently the problems are fixed now. I have full access to all of my accounts.
I will lower my alert level here now.

The crap part in this is I could have had all of my paper work done in the wee early hours of the morn if I had access to the bank online. Now I have to do it at 11:00 in the day.
I love technology.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top