Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/11/2006 3:35:23 AM EDT
I want a new Bushmaster and a FAL what is the consensus??
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 3:36:05 AM EDT
[#1]
Good idea.
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 3:42:08 AM EDT
[#2]
AR and a Garand.
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 3:51:53 AM EDT
[#3]

The Bushmaster A3 Type Rifle has become the standard for many military forces and Law Enforcement agencies throughout the world. The rifle’s light weight, accuracy, high capacity, and ease of maintenance all contribute to its wide global acceptance. Features of this durable semi-automatic rifle include hard chrome lining in both bore and chamber. This chrome lining - originally a military specification - was developed because powder residue and copper fouling do not adhere as strongly to chrome as they do to plain barrel steel. Additionally, chrome’s lubricity increases muzzle velocity, and eases chambering and extraction. These factors can double the effective barrel life if regular maintenance procedures are observed. The barrel incorporates a “birdcage” style flash suppressor with closed bottom which compensates for muzzle climb and reduces dust signature when firing from the prone position. The barrel, and all critical steel components of the rifle, are manganese phosphate coated for protection against corrosion and rust.

The M16A2 rear sight system is incorporated, and offers a dual flip-up aperture: the short range aperture (0-200 meters) has a larger opening for greater light gathering as well as better moving target visibility; the smaller aperture is designed for maximum accuracy at longer ranges. The sight is adjustable for windage and elevation - the elevation knob is graduated from 300 to 800 meters (1 Minute of Adjustment) and automatically compensates for bullet drop. Windage adjustments are 1/2 M.o.A. On the A3 Type Rifle, the Carry Handle is removable to allow easy mounting of a wide variety of scopes, red dot or holographic sights, or night vision equipment. The rear sight used in the Removable Carry Handle is range adjustable from 300 to 600 meters (1/2 M.o.A. for both elevation and windage). Iron sight zero is repeatable when the handle is reattached by means of its knurled knobs.

The Upper and Lower Receivers are precision machined from 7075T6 aircraft quality aluminum forgings for maximum strength. The Upper Receiver includes a forward assist device and an integral cartridge case deflector. The Lower Receiver controls include bolt catch assembly; magazine release button, and safety selector with indicator markings on both left and right sides. The ribbed front handguards - molded of polymer thermoset composite - offer increased control and heat dissipation. The pistol grip and buttstock are also molded of thermoset composite, and the buttstock features a storage compartment for small parts or cleaning gear. The Bushmaster M16 A3 Type Rifle is shipped complete with 30 round magazine, safety and operational manual, and carrying sling in a lockable hard case. Bushmaster A3 Type Rifle Includes Removable Carry Handle.

Get the A3 version in case you want to put optics on it.  Get the Heavy Barrel version.  
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 4:17:03 AM EDT
[#4]
10/22 & Remington 870 12ga

Actually...at the moment, I would like a nice 24" varminter profile bushy and a solid bolt bench rifle in any one of several calibers for any one of several tasks. Two really wouldnt be enough choices
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 4:34:53 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 4:40:00 AM EDT
[#6]
How about one for you and one for me?

roy d....have a Bushy, I need a FAL
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 4:40:47 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Brilliant.  You may proceed.

BC
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 4:45:48 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Get the A3 version in case you want to put optics on it.  Get the Heavy BarrelGov't Profile Barrel version.  

Much Better.

+1
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 5:30:04 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
AR and a Garand.

There you go.  Use the money you'll save (assuming you buy from the CMP) to get lots of ammo.
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 5:30:53 AM EDT
[#10]
Predator and a DSA?
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 7:44:37 AM EDT
[#11]
FAl and Garand
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 7:46:47 AM EDT
[#12]
I was gonna say get both...................but you are.

Fal and a Garand.
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 7:50:14 AM EDT
[#13]
How about a Bushmaster .308?
Pretty soon you won't be able to buy them. The FAL is a good choice too since soon you won't be able to buy them once the kits run out.
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 8:07:52 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Get the A3 version in case you want to put optics on it.  Get the Heavy BarrelGov't Profile Barrel version.  

Much Better.

What is the difference? Is it heavier? Shorter? and what are the advantages?
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 8:08:27 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
How about a Bushmaster .308?
Pretty soonyou won't be able to buy them. The FAL is a good choice too since soon you won't be able to buy them once the kits run out.

Too bad they don't come with spare bolts.  Why don't you just buy a Dardick pistol too?
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 8:09:58 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

See now I am a 'purist' LOVE the A2 20" Standard AR. That, to me is just one of the coolest rifles ever.
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 8:31:16 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Much Better.

The bbl is turned down under the handguards. The extra at the end helps handle bbl flip while the narrower bbl under the HGs substantially decreases weight and improves balance considerably.  Very nice. Mine is a Colt and shoots absolutely awesome.

My vote goes to Colt BTW but that is another topic.

As for choice of AR, whatever you like. Enough choice of flavors for virtually everyone.

FAL is a great choice for a .308 battle rifle. Easy to maintain and work on. Reliable.  When I decided to look into Battle Rifles I was interested primarily in the HK91. After plenty of consideration I decided on FALs and now own 3.

Link Posted: 3/11/2006 8:31:21 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Brilliant.  You may proceed.

BC

Perfect!

Link Posted: 3/11/2006 8:35:59 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Much Better.

The bbl is turned down under the handguards. The extra at the end helps handle bbl flip while the narrower bbl under the HGs substantially decreases weight and improves balance considerably.  Very nice. Mine is a Colt and shoots absolutely awesome.

Thank you for the explanation... KNEW there was a reason this site is awesome!
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 8:37:42 AM EDT
[#20]
AR and a Garand.  Garands are going like hot cakes.  Get one now before they are bought up and worth over $1,500
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 12:30:10 PM EDT
[#21]
Now I got to go ahead I will persue my goal.

Thanks for the comments, comformation and support.
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 12:32:35 PM EDT
[#22]
AR and an M1A!
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 12:41:53 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Much Better.

+1

+2
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 4:04:23 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Rebuilt Norinco or Polytech M14 with USGI parts and Sig 550

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top