Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/14/2001 4:18:33 PM EDT
A few of us FL guys are getting together tomorrow for a little shoot.  Sorry about the delayed notice.  Heres a link containing some information.   http://pub49.ezboard.com/ffloridashootersnetworkfrm2.showMessage?topicID=75.topic

Feel free to e-mail me  [email protected]

-bc
Link Posted: 8/14/2001 4:23:42 PM EDT
[#1]
[url]http://pub49.ezboard.com/ffloridashootersnetworkfrm2.showMessage?topicID=75.topic[/url]

I wish I had caught this earlier. Too bad I got plans. It's "try and take 2 dogs to the vet and live day."

Link Posted: 8/14/2001 4:24:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
A few of us FL guys are getting together tomorrow for a little shoot.  Sorry about the delayed notice.  Heres a link containing some information.   http://pub49.ezboard.com/ffloridashootersnetworkfrm2.showMessage?topicID=75.topic

Feel free to e-mail me  [email protected]

-bc
View Quote

Brian, this is right where I am. Is this an open invite? Let me know, I'm very interested!
Link Posted: 8/14/2001 5:07:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Yes the range is open to anyone, I from what I have heard anything goes. It on private land and there is a $5-$10 donation to the owner. Here's a link with some more info.  [Url]http://pub49.ezboard.com/ffloridashootersnetworkfrm2.showMessage?topicID=48.topic[/Url]

-bc

Here's directions to the range - it's called Pop's, but there're no signs or ads for it along the road. Attached is a Yahoo map - where the orange cones and black dog are is where Pop's is  

Coming from the south, two ways :

1.a) Take the Turnpike/Palmetto Expressway north to Okeechobee Road, exit west;

1.b) Take Krome Ave. north to US 27 Okeechobee Rd, make a left (heading west);

From WPB/north :

Take I-95 south to I-595 west follow I-595 for about 20 min. You will come to US-27 - if you go past the toll to I-75 you went too far. Take the 27 ramp south and head west.

Keep going west, 'round the bend to the north and into Broward county. It's about a half mile south of Griffin Rd. and north of Sheridan St. Look for the orange highway cones on the west side of the road, and a mailbox/sign with "Bishop" on it.
Link Posted: 8/14/2001 5:30:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks.

I'll try and get over there.

BTW, have you been out to the range at the Port of the Islands near Naples. Pretty decent private range, $10 to shoot all day. Gotta bring your own targets but you get to be your own rangemaster. Very laid back and cool.
Link Posted: 8/14/2001 5:40:18 PM EDT
[#5]
cerberus, what part of FL you from?  I am right over near Naples, on Marco.  I have never shot at Port of the Islands I was going to take a look one of these days.  I would think the bugs would be nasty out there this time of the year.  

-bc
Link Posted: 8/14/2001 5:50:28 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
cerberus, what part of FL you from?  I am right over near Naples, on Marco.  I have never shot at Port of the Islands I was going to take a look one of these days.  I would think the bugs would be nasty out there this time of the year.  

-bc
View Quote

Southeast Florida. About an hour and a half from you.

Port of the Islands is cool. A decent trap, skeet and clays range and a rifle /pistol range.

My buddy and I will take his camper over with a bunch of guns, a couple thousand rounds, bags of ballons and whatever, and just blow away the weekend. If you are in Marco it is DEFINITELY worth stopping in.
Link Posted: 8/14/2001 6:02:07 PM EDT
[#7]
The best place to shoot near Marco, is the old rock quarry off, SR92. The best Place to shoot in Ft Lauderdale is pop deans, I have an apt in Ft Lauderdale and a house on Marco, so its kind of nice to get the best of both worlds.:-) both ranges that I have mentioned in this post are great places to shoot I have met lots of really nice people at both of them. I will be at pops tomorrow, hope to see a few of you there.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top