Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/10/2006 11:00:35 PM EDT
Lets have a shooting stuff day today. If you are going to the range take something along and shoot it.  Here is what i am taking with me, it has been worn out from to many pron movies and it is time for it to give up the ghost. I will post pics later today.

Link Posted: 3/10/2006 11:08:07 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Lets have a shooting stuff day today. If you are going to the range take something along and shoot it.  Here is what i am taking with me, it has been worn out from to many pron movies and it is time for it to give up the ghost. I will post pics later today.

i33.photobucket.com/albums/d83/harrysacz/100_1035.jpg

I thought that VCR looked a little moist... Im taking a couple of refrigerator doors to the next shoot. took a satelite dish and a couple of cast iron griddles.

BANG! -------------------------------------------------------------------- 'ping!'
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 11:10:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Propane tanks and fire extinguishers work good for reactive targets
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 11:13:26 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

So do John Deere tractors ...
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 11:21:48 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

So do John Deere tractors ...

and old green iMacs
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 11:44:50 PM EDT
[#5]
I like to shoot old toilets.
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 12:08:14 PM EDT
[#6]
Well i forgot i have my son today because his mom had to work,so i will go to the range tommorow. Meanwhile this vcr is sitting here mocking me
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 12:09:20 PM EDT
[#7]
scuba tanks are always a good time
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 12:10:28 PM EDT
[#8]
I got a brand-new dishwasher from work the other day (someone stabbed tub woth forklift; I swear it wasn't me) so the sales person said I could have it. I shot it up real good with .223, .45ACP, and 00 Buck last night.
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 12:12:20 PM EDT
[#9]
I've got a bunch of armor plate targets from leftovers at work, and from a vendor that does a lot of our metal work.  My favorites are five plates, about 9" x 11" x 1" that are AR500 plate - rated to stop an AP .50BMG round. They weigh 32 lbs each, and "thump" righteously when you whack 'em.  I've got them set up as swingers on rebar frames.  So far, nothing I've hit them with has done more than leave a barely noticeable dent, and that includes .30-06 FMJ.
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 12:18:04 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I've got a bunch of armor plate targets from leftovers at work, and from a vendor that does a lot of our metal work.  My favorites are five plates, about 9" x 11" x 1" that are AR500 plate - rated to stop an AP .50BMG round. They weigh 32 lbs each, and "thump" righteously when you whack 'em.  I've got them set up as swingers on rebar frames.  So far, nothing I've hit them with has done more than leave a barely noticeable dent, and that includes .30-06 FMJ.

what are those used for? tank reinforcement?
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 12:19:01 PM EDT
[#11]
I found a castiron woodstove in the woods behind a friend's house a few weeks ago.  I wish I had a cutting torch so I could cut out some plates to shoot at.

To quote Old_Painless: Shooting stuff is fun.
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 12:21:26 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Last year at a Virginia HTF shoot, SHIVAN brought a few plates that stopped everything though I don't know if anyone shot them with a .50BMG though I know the plates got a lot of 7.62 thrown at them.
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 12:21:51 PM EDT
[#13]
Dammit i am going,my son is going with me.

be back with pics later.
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 12:30:24 PM EDT
[#14]
Well, VTHOKIESHOOTER, beat me to it.....but......

Shooting stuff is fun.
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 12:37:41 PM EDT
[#15]
taggaroo
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 12:40:05 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

what are those used for? tank reinforcement?

Nope.  The pieces I have are window cutouts.  The place I got them from has a contract to build guard shacks for the .gov.  Seems they recently upgraded the specifications.  Instead of stopping a .30 caliber armor piercing round, government guard shacks now have to be able to stop a .50.
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 2:07:35 PM EDT
[#17]
Well i did not get to stay at the range very long,my son was unhappy. here are some pics,i shot it with 223 and 9MM. The first shot with the 9MM did not exit,i found most od the bullet inside,it went through a couple different metal parts and stopped when it hit the third one.

Link Posted: 3/11/2006 2:09:33 PM EDT
[#18]
good kill!

should have put some tannerite inside and finished it off
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 3:16:31 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
good kill!

You mean tanerite?
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 3:19:11 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Well i did not get to stay at the range very long,my son was unhappy. here are some pics,i shot it with 223 and 9MM. The first shot with the 9MM did not exit,i found most od the bullet inside,it went through a couple different metal parts and stopped when it hit the third one.

i33.photobucket.com/albums/d83/harrysacz/100_1041.jpg

i33.photobucket.com/albums/d83/harrysacz/100_1042.jpg

i33.photobucket.com/albums/d83/harrysacz/100_1043.jpg

What 9mm were you using?
If I may inquire?
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 3:21:21 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:
good kill!

You mean tanerite?

ha

ha

ha

smartass
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 3:23:09 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:
good kill!

You mean tanerite?

Link Posted: 3/11/2006 3:28:53 PM EDT
[#23]
You brought it back???????????????? The dorks at our range take stuff like that, shoot it up an leave it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You did good.
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 4:30:38 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

i33.photobucket.com/albums/d83/harrysacz/100_1041.jpg

i33.photobucket.com/albums/d83/harrysacz/100_1042.jpg

i33.photobucket.com/albums/d83/harrysacz/100_1043.jpg

What 9mm were you using?
If I may inquire?

Winchester 115 grain FMJ
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 4:33:14 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
You brought it back???????????????? The dorks at our range take stuff like that, shoot it up an leave it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You did good.

Yes, it is a public range and i cleaned by volenteers. I bring my garbage back with me. I leave the brass,because there are few people that go out and pick it up for reloads.
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 5:21:13 PM EDT
[#26]
Remember the Valve Body Penetration Study?

Here's the results from its being targeted by .223 FMJ and 7.62 NATO milsurp.

The Chief Victimizer of the 23-lb piece of brass, iron, and steel, aka Cell Phone Gadget Boy, aka samsong:

Basically, you don't want to be standing in front of rifle bullets unless you have high-grade steel in great thickness protecting you. Brass doesn't work. I did notice from later hits not photographed that in areas of this backflow valve where the valve-ball was (chromium steel), bullets didn't get as far through the assembly.

BTW, I left nothing on Pawnee National Grassland; I still have the valvebody in the trunk and will shoot it again to see if I can shoot it apart. I also want to see what pistol (9mm and 7.62 x 25 Tok) will do to it.
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 5:28:17 PM EDT
[#27]
A VCR will stop a 9MM round
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 6:26:59 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Last year at a Virginia HTF shoot, SHIVAN brought a few plates that stopped everything though I don't know if anyone shot them with a .50BMG though I know the plates got a lot of 7.62 thrown at them.

He has 500 Brinell steel plates.  50bmg ball just bounces off.  AP goes through as I punched 3 holes through one of his plates.

Link Posted: 3/12/2006 12:28:32 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

home.comcast.net/~nhorianopoulos/v_head_1.jpg

home.comcast.net/~nhorianopoulos/v_head_2.jpg

home.comcast.net/~nhorianopoulos/v_head_3.jpg

home.comcast.net/~nhorianopoulos/v_head_4.jpg

The Chief Victimizer of the 23-lb piece of brass, iron, and steel, aka Cell Phone Gadget Boy, aka samsong:

home.comcast.net/~nhorianopoulos/husband.jpg

Basically, you don't want to be standing in front of rifle bullets unless you have high-grade steel in great thickness protecting you. Brass doesn't work. I did notice from later hits not photographed that in areas of this backflow valve where the valve-ball was (chromium steel), bullets didn't get as far through the assembly.

BTW, I left nothing on Pawnee National Grassland; I still have the valvebody in the trunk and will shoot it again to see if I can shoot it apart. I also want to see what pistol (9mm and 7.62 x 25 Tok) will do to it.

The only problem with that is you did not shoot it enough.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 8:50:39 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

home.comcast.net/~nhorianopoulos/v_head_1.jpg

home.comcast.net/~nhorianopoulos/v_head_2.jpg

home.comcast.net/~nhorianopoulos/v_head_3.jpg

home.comcast.net/~nhorianopoulos/v_head_4.jpg

home.comcast.net/~nhorianopoulos/husband.jpg

The only problem with that is you did not shoot it enough.

I put a bunch more holes in it after I snapped the photos. Jacked it up pretty solidly.

I'll post more pics tomorrow. Whatever the case may be, brass piping won't stop rifle rounds as they are pretty determined lil' suckers. As O_P loves to say, "Rifles are rifles and pistols are pistols."
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top