Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/10/2006 8:24:19 PM EDT
So I'm at a buddy's house, and he's got this gas blowback USP.  I go into the bathroom, and see a skittering motion zoom under the tub as I turn the lights on.  Only one solution...

For the record, the light is an inova T3 that stays in my jacket pocket.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 8:31:18 PM EDT
[#1]
How do you plan to cook it?  Fried or grilled?
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 8:31:59 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Miniature land-lobster.

Yum yum !  

Link Posted: 3/10/2006 8:46:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Too late for that, he got to play U-Boat commander in the toilet.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 8:47:51 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 10:33:44 PM EDT
[#5]
Roach Busters!
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 10:45:36 PM EDT
[#6]
Wait till you go spider hunting with an M60E3!

Link Posted: 3/10/2006 10:51:23 PM EDT
[#7]
I've done that before.  Typically takes 2-3 to kill a good sized spider.  Fun times.  
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 11:36:10 PM EDT
[#8]
Gotta loev Airsoft decockers....useless..
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 11:39:19 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
So I'm at a buddy's house, and he's got this gas blowback USP.  I go into the bathroom, and see a skittering motion zoom under the tub as I turn the lights on.  Only one solution...

img99.imageshack.us/img99/935/roach3bk.jpg

For the record, the light is an inova T3 that stays in my jacket pocket.

Is that the Police Special model?  How bright is it?  How is the battery life?
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 8:42:41 AM EDT
[#10]
The decocker works, but lets the hammer down hard enough that it will shoot the pellet but won't cycle the action.

The flashlight is pretty bright and throws pretty well.  It uses two CR123 batteries and according to the manufacturer will last about 2 hours and makes 85 lumens.  I haven't tested it though.
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 9:27:55 AM EDT
[#11]
Ive hit roached right in the center to blow the bottom half away and it's funny to see the parts still running
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 9:30:01 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 10:49:58 AM EDT
[#13]
1 roach down, a million to go....and thats just in your friends house. ewwww.
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 12:34:56 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Sauteed is best
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 12:36:12 PM EDT
[#15]
yup.  It's fun chasing house flies around with an airsoft.
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 12:36:14 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
I'd rather live in a house without roaches.

Be nice to our overlords
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 12:40:25 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 12:41:07 PM EDT
[#18]
use copper BB's with one pump

more effective of a killer than gaysoft
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 12:41:44 PM EDT
[#19]
Nice kill; i hope you have a tag for it...
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 12:58:09 PM EDT
[#20]
Yep, I use a GBB G19 for controlling the larger pests in hard to reach places.  
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 8:22:08 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Problem is, then you have to worry about what you accidently shoot.  Plastic BB's won't break glass unless they're being fired in excess of 350 feet per second ( I know this from experience ) while metal ones carry greater energy and have much more penetration, even with one pump.  Don't believe me ?  Try it.  I know I have.  My Crosman pellet gun will still blow through both sides of a Coke can with 3 pumps (the minimum to ensure the projectile actually leaves the barrel).  Only the more powerful airsoft guns will do the same thing.  Besides, it's easier to fix the dents in the wall caused by airsoft as opposed to the holes made by copper BB's.  
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 8:23:44 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

You bring your 1 pump and ill get another M4.... I garuntee ill win.
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 8:27:10 PM EDT
[#23]
I wonder if this would cure my daughter's fear of spiders, thanks for the idea.
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 8:50:07 PM EDT
[#24]
Do a Vlad the Impaler: Take the roach back to your house to show your roaches what they can expect if they don't depart pronto. Maybe duct tape him to a chair leg in the kitchen near ground level.
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 9:22:21 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
I wonder if this would cure my daughter's fear of spiders, thanks for the idea.

Make sure everyone is wearing eye protection, they ricochet all over the place if they hit something hard.
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 9:28:12 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
Gotta loev Airsoft decockers....useless..

Except for the fact that in airsoft, they are usually the safety. The "decocker" on my "Sig" was a safety, the disassebly switch thing on my "Glock" was a safety, etc.
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 9:41:46 PM EDT
[#27]
The Decocker on both the Tokyo Marui Sig Sauer P226R and the KSC H&K USP45/KWA P8 are fully functional. And to the best of my knowledge they field strip just like the real deal too.

If you're looking into airsoft as a pest control device I suggest something spring powered as opposed to the battery operated or gas operated versions. FAR cheaper and simpler to use.

A Tokyo Marui spring pistol will fire a .20 gram bb at about 240 feet per second for about 15 yards on a flat trajectory. Though I have tagged people at more than 100 feet by arching the bb. No gas to buy or battery to charge. Just load the magazine rack the slide for each shot and fire.

Cats run like a bat out of hell when tagged in the ass.
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 9:52:12 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

I prefer one pump from my 12 guage.
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 2:08:32 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
The Decocker on both the Tokyo Marui Sig Sauer P226R and the KSC H&K USP45/KWA P8 are fully functional. And to the best of my knowledge they field strip just like the real deal too.

If you're looking into airsoft as a pest control device I suggest something spring powered as opposed to the battery operated or gas operated versions. FAR cheaper and simpler to use.

A Tokyo Marui spring pistol will fire a .20 gram bb at about 240 feet per second for about 15 yards on a flat trajectory. Though I have tagged people at more than 100 feet by arching the bb. No gas to buy or battery to charge. Just load the magazine rack the slide for each shot and fire.

Cats run like a bat out of hell when tagged in the ass.

Big +1, and I have all kinds of airsoft.  Spring pistols are definitely what you want for bug hunting ().  I have killed a wasp with a Tokyo Marui M4A1 AEG.  Took 3 shots, the first one blew off a wing, the second blew off the abdomen and the critter was still trying to move around, then the third one took off it's head.  After that, the thing was twitching for a couple of min.  Really spooky, bugger sure didn't want to die.  I had been popping off cans with the AEG when my brother (10 and allergic to most animals, with severe asthma) told me a wasp was in the house.  I didn't want to risk getting stung (being stung by wasps sucks) or having my brother get stung (because we didn't know if he was allergic or not and didn't want to find out).  If you're ever using an airsoft long gun at close range against bugs, remember the sight offset , your shots will go 2 inches low on an AR, same as on the real thing.  I have used high powered gas blowback pistols on spiders (firing at 370 feet per second with a .2g BB). If you shoot a spider with it, not much will be left at all (little bits and pieces).  Definitely overkill, but kinda fun.  Airsoft screws bugs up about the same way cannon balls would screw up a human.  ETA: Airsoft also works well as a deterrant against unwanted squirrels and pigeons and the like.  If you shoot a bird in the wing, it won't be able to fly for about 30 seconds, if you shoot a squirrel or something and it hits a leg, it will limp for a short period of time.  Good for when you actually want to hit critters with something but not kill/injure them.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top