Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/10/2006 3:50:34 PM EDT
My car just died and I need some new wheels.  I got cash but really don't know what to get.  The drive to work is only about twenty miles round trip.  Am thinking truck or SUV but a car is OK too.  Should I go with a new base model F150 or go used Nissan/Toyota etc.  Any recommendations and opinions are welcome.  Am going to buy in the next day or two.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 3:55:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Here in Columbia SC they are advertising brand new ex cab chevy trucks for $19,995. PW/PL/CC AM/FM/CD Remote entry. Of course auto, air and cloth interior. I actually looked at them and verified the price. No gimic. I can't justify one tho. I have an ex cab and a suburban paid for...
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 3:58:31 PM EDT
[#2]
I really hate to say it, but all of the expert opinion that I have heard says Toyota Tacoma.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 6:04:52 PM EDT
[#3]
I have expanded my price range a bit.  Will take a look at Tacoma, Nissan Xterra and maybe the Frontier Saturday.  Xterra looks pretty good - it would appear the base model with power package can be had for 23K out the door.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 6:17:41 PM EDT
[#4]
There are lots of '05 Jeep Grand Cherokees around right now (mostly from fleet returns) going for just under $20,000 with ~20K miles.  Xterras are nice as well.  
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 7:27:26 PM EDT
[#5]
Used Tahoe.  I bet you can get a really nice one for that kinda money.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 7:59:24 PM EDT
[#6]
Can you still get a firebird for that price?
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 8:03:09 PM EDT
[#7]
A Jeep Wrangler may be a good bet, depending on what you want to do with it.

-K
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 8:17:19 PM EDT
[#8]
Do you have any concerns about gas price?
If you drive 20 miles per day round trip from work I 'll assume you drive about 12,000 miles per year.
If you get a car like Honda Civic that gets about 30MPG you'll spend 400 gal of gas per year.
If you get a truck like Ford F-150 that gets about 16MPG you'll spend 750 gal of gas per year.
The difference of 350 gal of gas per year will mean about $1,000 per year (@ $2.85/Gal)

Something to think about.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top