Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/10/2006 7:13:44 AM EDT
And help with this firestorm mission.

I posted this the other day, it's the story of the illegal alien that stabbed the sherrifs deputy.

jobrelatedstuff.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=444290

The Arizona Republic ran a story about it yesterday and refused to mention that the perp was an illegal alien or a deported fellon or anything related to it. They have a history of bing pro-illegal and refusing to mention it in their articles when one commits a violent crime. I emailed the reporter and would like for other ARFCOM members who take this sort of stuff seriously to blast the reporter with emails as well. I'd appreciate it. Those of us who care about this need to ban together and make our voices heard.

Here's the AP story, at the end of it you'll see the reporters email address and phone number.

County inmate slashes deputy
Escape plot foiled, authorities say

Lindsey Collom
The Arizona Republic
Mar. 9, 2006 12:00 AM

Deputy Richard Lopez had eight floors to freedom.

But by the time the elevator doors closed and Lopez reached the ground, a shank-wielding inmate had slashed his face 10 times as seven other inmates watched.

Other Maricopa County deputies immediately seized the inmate when the doors opened again in the lobby of Maricopa County Superior Court in Phoenix on Wednesday morning.

Lopez had been leading inmates back to Fourth Avenue Jail when Ramon Hernandez Martinez attacked, authorities said.

Martinez had just appeared in court on charges stemming from two home invasions, three carjackings and a shootout with police.

The deputy was taken to Banner Good Samaritan Hospital with non-life-threatening injuries. He is expected to make a full recovery.

Martinez is now in solitary confinement and faces additional charges. Authorities believe the attack was part of an escape attempt and he may have conspired with someone else.

It was not known how the crude metal knife in Martinez's waistband went unnoticed. Sheriff Joe Arpaio said the inmates were searched before entering the courthouse, but he could not say whether the scan included a pat-down or metal detector.

Deputies also are investigating why Martinez was using a crutch, which allowed one of his hands to be free.

Arpaio said Martinez was not injured to the degree that he would need assistance and was either issued the crutch in error or he took it from another inmate.

Martinez was handcuffed to the crutch and nothing else. Another inmate in the elevator was in a wheelchair. The remaining six inmates were strung together by a chain and bound at the wrists and ankles.

Lopez, a Sheriff's Office employee since 1999, tried to subdue Martinez with a Taser but missed.

A female inmate who didn't make it onto the eighth-floor elevator saw the attack and alerted deputies.

Arpaio said it's common for a lone deputy to transport up to 15 inmates. The Sheriff's Office moves about 700 inmates daily and hasn't reported a deputy injury since the mid-1990s, Arpaio said.

"We do the best we can," he added.

Court records showed Martinez, a career criminal with cases dating back to 1988, attempted escape twice while incarcerated for other crimes.

He was most recently arrested in January, when Phoenix police said he led them on a chase across the West Valley while carjacking a number of vehicles in the process.

Reach the reporter at lindsey.collom@arizonarepublic .com or (602) 444-8557.

Link to story

Here's the email I sent to the reporter.

Lindsey,
Smooth move leaving out that one very important part of the
story...the inmates legal status. Surely even the AZ
Republic, which has shown time and time again that it's
stance is staunchly pro-illegal alien, has to believe that
the fact that this "inmate" is a deported illegal alien
felon, who also happens to have a criminal record while
illegally in this country since 1988 is worth mentioning.

Will the AP and it's reporters such as yourself ever get
realistic and truthful about illegal aliens, the crimes
they commit and their negative impact on communities? Is it
the AP's policy that ALL reporters share the same
pro-illegal alien view? Why not run a story, or series of
stories recounting the hundreds of violent crimes commited
by your beloved illegal aliens? You don't even have to
mention the thousands of non-violent crimes they commit
such as welfare fraud, identity theft, car theft and the
like.

And while you're at it, why not also discuss the decline in
wages, the deterioration of neighborhoods, the rise in
health care costs, the rise in auto insurance costs and the
financial and social burdon on our schools?

You know, something like that might just help boost the AZ
Republics pathetic circulation numbers.

Sincerely, Steve *****
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 7:28:24 AM EDT
[#1]
Come on guys, a lot of people here talk about how much they hate illegal immigration, here's your chance to get involved a little bit. I know it won't solve the problem, but hey, I'm going to keep after these reporters and I've also been emailing some State Rep. as well, in fact I just posted that too the other day.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 8:13:26 AM EDT
[#2]
89Grand,

I wouldn't infer silence as apathy.  Many of us are proactively involved in immigration issues, with illegal immigration a major agenda issue requiring more tact than publicity.  Since I know you are going to ask, I am currently on review for a journalist slot at the Republic - which requires subtelty over volume.  An internship position, it is necessary to be tactful.  However, I assure you that bowing down to the liberal propaganda is not on my schedule, and there are more than a few senior editors at the Republic that share my sentiments.  

Be patient, and continue to be tenacious in exposing journalists that weight their articles with biased approach.  Emailing your disdain for intentional facets of personal agendas is great!  Hopefully soon you'll be emailing me in support, rather than condemnation.

It's coming, my Arizona brother, just be patient.  There are more of us out there than you might think.  

By the way, are you coming over next weekend?  AZRedneck, Genesis 13, and TheFourthHorseman are coming over to make dead piggies into brats for Genesis' party later this month, and we can always use help to rid my cooler of all those excess beers!  Consider this an official invitation, and PM me for my number and address.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top