Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/14/2001 3:09:23 PM EDT
ICTUS IMPRIMIS? Can anyone translate?

"Some there are who presume so far on their wits that they think themselves capable of measuring the whole nature of things by their intellect, in that they esteem all things true which they see, and false which they see not.  Accordingly, in order that man's mind might be freed from this presumption, and seek the truth humbly, it was necessary that certain things far surpassing his intellect should be proposed to man by God." --Thomas Aquinas

Link Posted: 8/14/2001 3:11:32 PM EDT
[#1]
A sudden seizure or stroke in print.

Enjoy.
Link Posted: 8/14/2001 3:17:31 PM EDT
[#2]
ICTUS: blow, bite, stroke, bolt, thrust.
IMPRIMIS: especially, particularly, specifically
Link Posted: 8/14/2001 3:18:26 PM EDT
[#3]
is the oxygen count in FL a little low today?

Zaz
Link Posted: 8/14/2001 10:23:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Zaz
View Quote

I don't know, how is it where you are?
Link Posted: 8/14/2001 11:00:43 PM EDT
[#5]
hangfire,

I've been on and off here lately, but doesn't everyone hate you?  

signed,
your friend
Fighting-Illini
Link Posted: 8/14/2001 11:18:03 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
hangfire,

signed,
your friend
Fighting-Illini
View Quote

Not the people that account for anything.
Link Posted: 8/15/2001 2:08:38 AM EDT
[#7]
Shut up and go away HANGFIRE
Link Posted: 8/15/2001 2:19:19 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:
hangfire,

signed,
your friend
Fighting-Illini
View Quote

View Quote

Only those who lick your ass count then, right?  Forbid anyone ever disagree with you!
***GO AWAY***
Link Posted: 8/15/2001 4:32:49 AM EDT
[#9]
[b]QUIT[/b]ICTUS [b]IMPRINTIS[/b] in [b]BOLT[/b] UPPERCASE Topics.

Link Posted: 8/15/2001 5:23:41 AM EDT
[#10]
TopCrest, Hans, mags, right now it is you guys that are making fools of yourselves.  You are the ones doing most of the disagreeing as of late.  Think long and hard about the guy you are standing up for (McUzi), he wasn't anywhere close to being a role model.

sgtar15

PS.  Don't know what "ICTUS IMPRIMIS" means, but I loved the quote at the bottom.

Link Posted: 8/15/2001 5:55:24 AM EDT
[#11]
Ditto...

There is a sudden influx of Junior members posted here lately (a spill over from McCuzi.com?) with lots of personal problems. We welcome all of you.  If you behave, you stay and enjoy our home. Read the code of conduct carefully and specially #4 and #6. And if you don't then GB will take care of you and good ridding.

I have no beef with HANGFIRE.  What happened over McCuzi, I don't want to know and I don't care.  This is my home. Keep it clean. Thanks.
Link Posted: 8/15/2001 7:23:58 AM EDT
[#12]
There's always [url]http://translator.go.com/[/url]

It sez:

CRAP, no Latin.

I tried,
Norm
Link Posted: 8/15/2001 7:52:54 AM EDT
[#13]
sgtar15: fools huh? every single post ive seen from you is crap, you disagree with everything. like a grumpy old man that doesnt know how to have fun, or prefers to hide behind his wife. i dont have have any issues with you, but if you dont know what your talking about then mind your own damn business. thanks
Link Posted: 8/15/2001 7:59:16 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Zaz
View Quote

View Quote

Yo, HF...

I was asking because the first 4 or five words of the quote don't make any sense.  I was just funnin' ya.

Zaz
Link Posted: 8/15/2001 8:07:29 AM EDT
[#15]
Hey Zaz, if you think Thomas Aquinas doesn't make any sense, you have to step up from the Jughead comics and read a real writer.

No offense intended, but Thomas Aquinas not making sense is about as dumb as you can get.
Link Posted: 8/15/2001 8:38:03 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
[b]QUIT[/b]ICTUS [b]IMPRINTIS[/b] in [b]BOLT[/b] UPPERCASE Topics.
View Quote

[b][size=3]WHY???[/size=3][/b]

Just when is it appropriate to use these features?
Link Posted: 8/15/2001 9:18:44 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Hey Zaz, if you think Thomas Aquinas doesn't make any sense, you have to step up from the Jughead comics and read a real writer.

No offense intended, but Thomas Aquinas not making sense is about as dumb as you can get.
View Quote

Umm, read what i wrote:

I was asking because the first 4 or five words of the quote don't make any sense.
View Quote

In particular:

Some there are who presume so far on their wits ....
View Quote

I understand the quote and even view it beyond its catholic origins.  

Zaz

And I know, Aquinas ain't Capra in complexity

Link Posted: 8/15/2001 9:21:58 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Shut up and go away HANGFIRE
View Quote

Toppy, don't you feel powerless and frustrated
when you demand something be done and the
demandee ignores you?
Take a deep breath or two and let it go.
Link Posted: 8/15/2001 9:22:17 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
ICTUS IMPRIMIS? Can anyone translate?
View Quote

Yes- It means Hangfire is a stooge & is making as many posts as possible in a short period of time because he's feverishly grasping for support to boost his crashing ego.
Link Posted: 8/15/2001 9:22:56 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
sgtar15: fools huh? every single post ive seen from you is crap, you disagree with everything. like a grumpy old man that doesnt know how to have fun, or prefers to hide behind his wife. i dont have have any issues with you, but if you dont know what your talking about then mind your own damn business. thanks
View Quote

Nice try, I'm not biting.

sgtar15
Link Posted: 8/15/2001 9:37:29 AM EDT
[#21]
you already bite idiot. btw just came across what you had to say to rbad, i hope he makes you his first victim. thanks for the laugh grumpy old man
Link Posted: 8/15/2001 9:45:31 AM EDT
[#22]
Can't you just feel the love?
Link Posted: 8/15/2001 10:11:34 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote

Richard, why don't you and your fiends
mind your own business? HMMM
You should take your own advice AND MIND YOUR OWN BUSINESS, if you have any!
Any man that would attack another through his
wife is a piece of shit therefor you are a piece
of shit, a turd if you will, waste, no redeeming
value, a yellow dog coward.
Link Posted: 8/15/2001 10:12:23 AM EDT
[#24]
I haven't seen this much grief over a Latin phrase since my sophomore year of high school. [:D]
Link Posted: 8/15/2001 10:33:40 AM EDT
[#25]
This place is getting worse than the Soaps my wife watches sometimes.  I used to get on the internet to get away from them.  lol  
Link Posted: 8/15/2001 10:35:01 AM EDT
[#26]
Sticktus and Bonedus mayus breakus my boneus, but wordes will nevah hurt moi.
Link Posted: 8/15/2001 10:54:51 AM EDT
[#27]
well hangfire i am so impressed now, you stood on your own 2 feet. didnt have to get the authority's involed. nobody attacking wives here, he is probaly your gay lover anyways. and look at this shit, useing my first name. damn hang(yourself)fire..why dont you show everyone just exactley how you did mcuzi, with me as your guinea pig. did your own grave and get lost you pos.
Link Posted: 8/15/2001 11:42:27 AM EDT
[#28]
Yes I do hide behind my wife, after all, she is a much better shot then I am[;)].

Yes, I am also old enough to know when I have been beat.  So you win AR15man, you have out  hyprocrated me, my hat is off to you.  I bow to your immense understanding in the proper backward application of doublespeak.
[b]You are a McGod!!!![/b]

sgtar15
Link Posted: 8/15/2001 12:01:16 PM EDT
[#29]
sgtar15: like i said i dont have any issues with you  man. although you tend to bitch alot, but so do i. whats right is right, if mc isnt allowed here then hangfire shouldnt be either.im sorry for the wife reference. i dont believe its an issue of winning either, its more of right and wrong. this is it ive said my peace, moderators take alook at what hangfire did to me by grabbing my name out of my info. think about what he could have done if i would have left all my info there. i ask you please delete him for the sake of everyones privacy and because he intruded on mine. in all seriousness please please please take this in consideration..thanks ar15man "Richard"
Link Posted: 8/15/2001 1:44:59 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Zaz
View Quote

View Quote

Yo, HF...

I was asking because the first 4 or five words of the quote don't make any sense.  I was just funnin' ya.

Zaz
View Quote

I stumbled over that part 6 times. It may be
the translation being used was done some time
before we were born.[smoke]
Link Posted: 8/15/2001 2:05:42 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
hangfire,

signed,
your friend
Fighting-Illini
View Quote

View Quote

Only those who lick your ass count then, right?  Forbid anyone ever disagree with you!
***GO AWAY***
View Quote

HANZELS HANZELS HANZELS, I do not allow anyone
or anything to lick my ass. I resent your implication.
Your second sentence is stilted and forced.
It would be smoother if you said "God forbid..."
The topic is a quote which I found to be interesting, thought provoking, and with the
recent meltdown of mcuzi.com, timely. If you have any thoughts on the topic by all means
express them. However, you seem to be fixated
on ass licking, so with that in mind I suggest you hook up with BRATTY, and she can expound
on taking it in the ass and you can expound on
ass licking.[smoke]
Link Posted: 8/15/2001 2:27:35 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
1.whats right is right, if mc isnt allowed here then hangfire shouldnt be either.
2. moderators take alook at what hangfire did to me by grabbing my name out of my info.
think about what he could have done if i would have left all my info there.
3.i ask you please delete him for the sake of everyones privacy and because he intruded on mine.
4.In all seriousness please please please take this in consideration..thanks ar15man "Richard"
View Quote

[b]RICHARD!?![/b]
Lets do this by the numbers!

1. I believe mcuzi was banned for racial intolerence or something to that effect.
How does that have anything to do with me?
How can you say "right is right" and punish me
for something someone else did?
2. Pray tell, What could I have done?
3. Please explain how your privacy was "invaded".
Please cite invasions of anyone elses privacy
that you may be aware of.
Link Posted: 8/16/2001 6:46:38 PM EDT
[#33]
[blue][SIZE=5][B]IS IT NECESSARY TO MAKE ALL OF YOUR
POST HEADLINES IN BOLD ALL CAPITALS?

IS THE END OF THE WORLD COMING OR ARE
YOU JUST CRAVING ATTENTION AGAIN?[/blue][/SIZE=5][/b]

[red][size=3][b]
HELL0? HELLO? HELLO?
[img]a139.g.akamaitech.net/7/139/622/10003904243026/abcnews.go.com/media/Entertainment/images/ap_anne_robinson_010419_w.jpg[/img]
JOHNNY W. KING,
*YOU* ARE THE WEAKEST LINK!
[/size=3]
[size=5]
GOODBYE ! [/B][/size=5][/red]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top