Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/10/2006 4:15:37 AM EDT
Just got an email from Sirius saying they will be adding Fox News back to their lineup on the 14th. Also adding a couple other new stations as well.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 4:19:31 AM EDT
[#1]
I thought you all were listening to Stern?
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 4:25:38 AM EDT
[#2]
LOL. I couldn't care less about Stern. Apparently a lot of people must really like him, though.
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 12:33:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Also adding Playboy...
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 12:39:26 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Also adding Playboy...

Playboy on radio?

Is that where they read the articles from the magazines over the air?
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 12:46:14 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Also adding Playboy...

Playboy on radio?

Is that where they read the articles from the magazines over the air?

Mayby lots of bedroom talk?

Truckers rubbin' one out as they drive down the freeway....
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 12:56:02 PM EDT
[#6]
I like the NRA show they have on Patriot 144.    I do listen to Stern and Bubba as well.

Link Posted: 3/11/2006 12:58:00 PM EDT
[#7]
I'm glad too. I was totally pissed when they pulled Fox of thier line-up. I heard they were adding two Fox channels.
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 1:03:50 PM EDT
[#8]
Sirius sucks
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 1:13:11 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Sirius sucks

Why?  if sirius sucks then XM swallows

XM doesn't have good music the NFL, college football, basketball, or NRA News
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 1:18:34 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Sirius sucks

?

They have college basketball, the NRA blows anyways and are worthless, football is on Sundays or Monday nights both times when the majority of the US is at home so who cares if its on the radio, and oh ya college football is usually on Saturdays, see note about pro football.

The only sport that would be nice to have all week long at any part of the day is baseball, and who has baseball?  XM radio.

And good music?  Unless you are one of those rednecks who says Sirius is better because they have more country stations, XM has awesome music.
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 1:27:47 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Sirius sucks

?

They have college basketball, the NRA blows anyways and are worthless, football is on Sundays or Monday nights both times when the majority of the US is at home so who cares if its on the radio, and oh ya college football is usually on Saturdays, see note about pro football.

The only sport that would be nice to have all week long at any part of the day is baseball, and who has baseball?  XM radio.

And good music?  Unless you are one of those rednecks who says Sirius is better because they have more country stations, XM has awesome music.

DANC,

Are you HIGH, NRA is far from worthless.

SIRIUS IS THE BEST!
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 1:31:39 PM EDT
[#12]
I was just looking at some receivers today.. xm and sirius were both on sale at a resonable price (for what I know)

I was under the impression that one of those providers was not doing well and on the way out.

anyone care to shed some light on this?

otherwise, I too may be signing up for sirius.
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 1:36:03 PM EDT
[#13]
I could care less about sports or Howard Stern. Sirius has better music. Better ROCK music. Better news.
XM sucks.

Sam
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 1:42:03 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
I was just looking at some receivers today.. xm and sirius were both on sale at a resonable price (for what I know)

I was under the impression that one of those providers was not doing well and on the way out.

anyone care to shed some light on this?

otherwise, I too may be signing up for sirius.

They are both loosing a shitload of money right now tyring to get people to subscribe in hopes of raising revenue into the black once they sign more people up.  
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 2:00:18 PM EDT
[#15]
I thought the CEO of XM just walked off the job.

And XM just got Oprah, if that's important to you.

I'll take Stern, Gun Talk, NRA Radio, Bubba, and Fox.
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 2:13:35 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Sirius sucks

?

You blow. The NRA is fighting for our rights. They are a strong lobby. You would do good to join.

XM sucks ass. They are loosing subscribers by the thousands to Sirius.
Oprah is susposed to be thier big savior. I'll pass.
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 2:13:58 PM EDT
[#17]
I was debating between XM and Serius, when I heard that yesterday, that settled it for me. Serius has a NRA programs, and a Gun Programs. XM does not.
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 4:17:27 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
I was debeating between XM and Serius, when I heard that yesterday, that settled it for me. Serius has a NRA programs, and a Gun Programs. XM does not.

Sirius seem to be more pro RTKBA
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 8:03:55 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
I thought the CEO of XM just walked off the job.

And XM just got Oprah, if that's important to you.

I'll take Stern, Gun Talk, NRA Radio, Bubba, and Fox.

A board member quit.

If you really want to know about the companys, read thir most recent 10-Ks.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 4:25:02 PM EDT
[#20]
Sirus has three birds vs. XM's two in different types of orbits. Depending where you live you may get better reception with Sirius. In addition Sirius also has a repeater system in some metro areas.

I have Sirius and I'm very happy with the programming and overall service.

They just added these channels:

FOX News Ch. 131
Become a part of America’s news phenomenon with FOX News, which puts national and international news right at your fingertips. It’s all here: The O’Reilly Factor, On The Record with Greta Van Susteren, Hannity & Colmes and more.

FOX News Talk Ch. 145
From the Fair & Balanced news network comes opinion, news, analysis and listener call-ins, featuring pulse-of-the-nation hosts like Bill O’Reilly, Tony Snow, Alan Colmes, Neil Cavuto, John Gibson and more.

Cosmo Radio Ch. 111
Advice on love, sex, and relationships; tips on beauty, fitness and fashion; the latest celebrity gossip; and the news you need to be the most informed girl at the water cooler. Cosmo Radio takes you behind the velvet ropes with our editors at special events and lets you listen (if you dare!) to guys giving their uncensored opinions on dating and relationships. Plus, you'll hear extra editions of your favorite columns, like Ask Him Anything, Bedside Astrologer, and Guy Spy.

Playboy Radio Ch. 198
Sexy, smart and refined adult programming: Playboy Radio features a full range of original live programming created for SIRIUS, including a new morning show featuring segments with Playboy founder Hugh Hefner, live call-in shows and broadcasts from the Playboy Mansion. Add Playboy Radio at no extra charge.

Link Posted: 3/14/2006 4:58:56 PM EDT
[#21]
You sirrus owners are a proud bunh..Like Mac owners

Stern is supposed to be your savior.

Sirrus won't be around in 10 years.....

Link Posted: 3/14/2006 5:11:05 PM EDT
[#22]
What does Stern have to do with it? He has two channels out of 125+ channels. It's really not that hard to not listen to him.

Link Posted: 3/14/2006 5:34:44 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
What does Stern have to do with it? He has two channels out of 125+ channels. It's really not that hard to not listen to him.

You dont understand business then.  Sirius is gambleing on Stern to bring enough listeners to keep them afloat.  This is why Sterns bonus and stock options are/were based on how many listeners join because of him.

Like I said before, they brought in the NFL which isnt that big of a selling point because its on when the majority of America is at home, the have college footbal which again is on when the majority of america is at home, and now they have Stern.  Although they are bringing in "big names" so most common folk, its not that big a deal when you look at it financially and logically.

XM on the other hand has brought in MLB which is basically on everyday of the week during the season so anyone can tune in at anytime and catch a game.  Then there is Oprah, again she will have her own show and has MANY more followers then Stern.

But who really knows who will win in the end.  I only hope both companys survive because competition is always good for the consumer.

As far as reception, I have never dropped a single station from my radio with XM and I have traveled cross country with it into some really bare places.  XM also has boosters.  Meaning they use antennas on the ground to pick up their signals and send them out also.  But its something they dont rely on.  Basically, with XM i often get it in tunnels and under overpasses, but my Sirius goes out EVERYTIME I enter a tunnel or drive uner a large overpass which annoys me.

Like a true ARFCOMER I got both.  And I like XM a lot more.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 9:17:41 PM EDT
[#24]
Sirius is better than XM
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 9:18:43 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 9:24:02 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
Sirus has three birds vs. XM's two in different types of orbits. Depending where you live you may get better reception with Sirius. In addition Sirius also has a repeater system in some metro areas.

SIRIUS-1 Orbit Data
SIRIUS-2 Orbit Data
SIRIUS-3 Orbit Data
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 9:30:35 PM EDT
[#27]
omg what the fuck is wrong with your people?!  if you like XM thats great, like sirius thats great to. i prefer siruis way over XM but i dont bash the hell out of XM and hope it goes bankrupt. i hope they both do well so i have some options, blows my mind how deffensive you clowns get over a fuckin radio jeese.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 9:38:54 PM EDT
[#28]
Funny , Fox News was never off the air at XM XM also has Phil Hendrie and O&A. I've owned both and dumped the Sirius.
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 7:07:23 AM EDT
[#29]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top