Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/9/2006 9:35:53 PM EDT
Here are my handout guns for the upcoming Zombie invasion Got a couple thousand mixed rounds of ammo for these when the SHTF, gotta have some cheap giveaways for the family and neighbors

Link Posted: 3/9/2006 9:38:07 PM EDT
[#1]
just a .22 and a .38

That's all.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 9:38:31 PM EDT
[#2]
I do it every hurricane season it seems.

My Dad had a neat trick. When he moved to a new place, after he got to know the neighbors, he'd give them a gun (usually a handgun) and told them it would be theirs to keep if they ever used it to protect our family or property.

One day I'm gonna just break down and get a rack of SKS rifles for handout guns.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 9:39:49 PM EDT
[#3]
Wanna send an SKS my way?
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 9:40:39 PM EDT
[#4]
if the situation for 7.62x39 ammo gets much worse, SKS as a handout rifle might become less popular.

what's the next best option?  i'm thinking the hi-point carbine.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 9:44:24 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

My Dad had a neat trick. When he moved to a new place, after he got to know the neighbors, he'd give them a gun (usually a handgun) and told them it would be theirs to keep if they ever used it to protect our family or property.

One day I'm gonna just break down and get a rack of SKS rifles for handout guns.

I'd like to have your Dad as a neighbor.  
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 9:45:32 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
if the situation for 7.62x39 ammo gets much worse, SKS as a handout rifle might become less popular.

what's the next best option?  i'm thinking the hi-point carbine.

I have about 2500 rounds of 7.62x39 right now, haven't shot any of it in months, just saving it. Of course there are 19,000 people in this county, need to buy more ammo if we are talking zombies
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 9:48:48 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Might look at the M38/M44. User friendly for novices, no safety, pull the bolt back, push it forward and down, shoot. Still surplus 7.62x54 ammo available, good deal
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 9:50:40 PM EDT
[#8]
I'd like to keep a bunch of SKS rifles around as a handout.  That is, if handing out roundhouse kicks wasn't an option.  
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 9:55:45 PM EDT
[#9]
Nope. I have a bunch of extras for myself, though

Seriously, if it came down to that, I wouldn't have to give any away. My neighbors are already armed.

WIZZO
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 10:44:50 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Get a C&R FFL and for $89 each you can have all you want
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 10:48:26 PM EDT
[#11]
Nope.  I have enough for me though.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 10:56:19 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

If only I had the room to store them, I would.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 11:07:15 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Hey, I got a C&R, can I send you $89 for that M1 Carbine in the picture???  

No Expert
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 11:17:41 PM EDT
[#14]
nope
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 11:20:23 PM EDT
[#15]
If it comes down to "having" to hand out rifles...the type of people that will need one, will either be dead or running for their lives. And that running won't last long.

And if you ask me, if someone is in "need" of a rifle at time of SHTF, those are NOT the type of people you want handling a firearm. They'll probably shoot you if you come out at night, because they are the type that will be so scared, they'll shoot at EVERYTHING that moves.

The only handout gun I have is a water pistol. Everyone else should have planned accordingly.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 11:21:09 PM EDT
[#16]
Well, if the wife and kids count. Yep.  

I get the AR, Oldest gets the 12 gauge, Middle gets the Walther
and the youngest loads mags
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 3:55:19 AM EDT
[#17]
Yes.
My newly formed peasant army would be issued an AK, SKS rifle or 12 guage shotguns, with a couple bandoliers of ammo each.

Wife and kids get AR15's

Non-combatants would get a 10/22 but there would  not enough 38's to go around
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 4:02:36 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Actually, that is my plan for later this year. One guys has pics of them i the boxes he gets 'em in with all the issue stuff. Thats how I'd like to get 'em. Not for neighbors, for whoever is at my place.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 4:04:26 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 4:07:09 AM EDT
[#20]
I have a bunch  Turk Mausers and about 10K of ammo, if it ever came down to that...

Thinking about getting a few more M44's and more ammo...
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 4:07:55 AM EDT
[#21]
If I had a couple Glocks. Oh, you meant Friendly neighbors.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 4:09:31 AM EDT
[#22]
I have a few. My problem is finding someone worthy enough to trust with a gun! The real question is how many people are "coming over to your house when the SHTF"? I am glad I moved and haven't told many where too.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 4:20:51 AM EDT
[#23]
Hell no.  Someone will have to be the working class in my post-apocolyptic kingdom.  And it sure won't be me.  
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 4:33:44 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
i have a several that could be. honestly they'd only go to people i now i can trust. sally soccer mom and her metrosexual moron can fend for them selves.

Yep...and then after the bandits,,,gangbangers...illegal aliens....terrorists....ZOMBIES are done wiping them out (after being repelled from your house), you can raid their place for supplies when you shoot the zombies!

No Expert
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 4:36:52 AM EDT
[#25]
Nope. No guns to hand out, I lost them all in a boating accident.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 4:48:32 AM EDT
[#26]
A crate of M-44's. But first the sheep must shoot it w/o padding. They might prefer zombie bites instead.

(Can we get a zombie smiley?)
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 5:05:28 AM EDT
[#27]

i have a fullsize 9mm, tons of spare mags and ammo, holsters, and a good AR of choice with the same for me and my girl.

after that, my mom and dad, aunt and uncle, can grab an AR, AK, FAL (whatever) mags and ammo.

outside of select family and a *couple* friends, i will not be handing out any sort of weaponry. besides, most of my friends are "prepared" anyhow and wouldn't need my help. they people who aren't should be reminded of their previous anti-gun stance as harshly as possible.

Link Posted: 3/10/2006 5:12:25 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
A crate of M-44's. But first the sheep must shoot it w/o padding. They might prefer zombie bites instead.

(Can we get a zombie smiley?)

Here you go....  be nice if one of the staff members incorporated it into the standard ones.

Ha! Get some!!  shoot the zombie!!

Going back to bed now...

No Expert
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 5:21:53 AM EDT
[#29]
I have a couple of AR7's in the safe......But wife gets her AR and a 1911, I get my AR, 1911, G27 and shotgun.....
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 5:25:09 AM EDT
[#30]
Wife gets the Glock 26 but with the Glock 18 magazine in it and a 10-22  

I got a couple shotguns and a Mini 30 for any trusted family members
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 5:34:45 AM EDT
[#31]
I do not have a group of trusted friends who are already armed.

I do not have an armory stash of Yugo SKSs.  I do not have a cache of 7.62X39.

Niether do my trusted friends....whom I don't have.

And we I would never consider training those hardy enough to survive past the initial zombie outbreak....with Yugo SKSs I don't own.

BC
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 7:06:34 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
Here you go....  be nice if one of the staff members incorporated it into the standard ones.

Here's another.

-James
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 7:20:54 AM EDT
[#33]
Right now I just got the shotgun and pistol for me.

When I get my new house set and my kids get older I will have 3 Ar-15 or 7.62x39 rifles for my wife and two youngest kids and 2- 7.62x51 Fal's or M1as for me and my older son a long with my Glock for me and my wife a pistol of my son wants and maybe of for my daughter depends on how old she is. Then my shotgun. Where I'm going to be living I guess a lot of the people own guns and are gun friendly.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 7:40:56 AM EDT
[#34]
Well, I could arm my whole street, but I would limit it to people who actually know how to use a firearm.  Also, Mosin Nagants do have a safety system.  Pull back on knob at end of the bolt and rotate it about 45 degrees counterclockwise.  It rests on the side of the receiver and while engaged you cannot rotate the bolt and it will not fire.  Many poeple who own these rifles don't know this.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 10:23:20 AM EDT
[#35]
I could possibly have some hand out guns. And if I did they just might be of the 7.62x39 type. Then again I have a neighborhood of WWII vets.  I am the youngster. After the Tornado we did not have trouble with looters as some did. But then everyone was packing something and they were with them as we worked the chainsaws and checked on each other.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 10:47:51 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
Here are my handout guns for the upcoming Zombie invasion Got a couple thousand mixed rounds of ammo for these when the SHTF, gotta have some cheap giveaways for the family and neighbors

i2.tinypic.com/r20r2h.jpg

Sell that 30 carbine and buy 4 more SKS's.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 10:51:33 AM EDT
[#37]
if you NEED a gun, you weren't prepared. you were a sheep that relied on others to protect you.  i will not arm sheep
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top