Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/9/2006 8:38:35 PM EDT
SUMMIT COUNTY -- A local great-grandmother faced danger head on as intruders entered her home.

But as they quickly discovered - she could hold her own.

Eleanor Lynn, 75, said she keeps her .380 handgun loaded and nearby at all times.

"I already had the gun out," she said. "Somebody was breaking into my house so I took the gun out and went to the door. They flew."

That's why she was ready when the suspects entered her west Akron home Monday morning.

She'd been robbed before and wasn't about to let it happen again.

"All I got to do is hold this trigger and it goes six times without stopping," Lynn explained. "I just bought this one and this one has never been used I'd like to have a chance to use it."

Lynn's neighbor quickly called police who arrested the suspects, ages 15 and 17, in nearby yards.

© 2006   www.wkyc.com/news/regional/akron_article.aspx?storyid=48960
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 8:40:30 PM EDT
[#1]
ddont wanna mess with that granny
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 8:40:40 PM EDT
[#2]
She must have been paranoid....her gun was loaded, within close grasp, and out of a locked safe!!!!!
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 8:43:23 PM EDT
[#3]

"All I got to do is hold this trigger and it goes six times without stopping," Lynn explained.

Ummm...

Edited for clarity...
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 8:43:25 PM EDT
[#4]
www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=444252

They left the part where she called it the "The Peacemaker" out of that article

Link Posted: 3/9/2006 8:53:43 PM EDT
[#5]

"All I got to do is hold this trigger and it goes six times without stopping," Lynn explained. "I just bought this one and this one has never been used I'd like to have a chance to use it."

This lady is fuckin' hardcore.

Link Posted: 3/9/2006 9:03:40 PM EDT
[#6]
Who's got the video of their granny shooting the STG-44 from her wheelchair?  That deserves to be reposted here.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 9:06:59 PM EDT
[#7]
Aww-jeeeez! Get he a revolver for the love of all that is holy.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 9:42:24 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Who's got the video of their granny shooting the STG-44 from her wheelchair?  That deserves to be reposted here.

It is an MP40
"If he draws on me again, I'm gonna shoot him in his toodles"
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 9:52:14 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Aww-jeeeez! Get he a revolver for the love of all that is holy.

Of course.  
That's about all an old lady could ever figure out how to use.  
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 9:57:06 PM EDT
[#10]
Could someone post a link to the file for those of us with crappy dialup?
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 1:13:13 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

It is an MP40
"If he draws on me again, I'm gonna shoot him in his toodles"

That's the one and that's the gun.  Thanks!
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 3:34:40 AM EDT
[#12]
We should take up a collection and buy her a Kahr 9mm or a Beretta .380 or something....
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 4:04:07 AM EDT
[#13]
Happens more often than one might think.
The NRA runs a feature every month in their magazines called, "The Armed Citizen".  This feature is a collection of recent news clippings of ordinary people using firearms in self defense.  It's a feature that more arfcommers should read.  It's illuminating how many little old ladies, little old men and other folks successfully defend themselves very well with all sorts of firearms that knowledgeable folks deem "inadequate" for self defense; .22s, .380s, .38s, .32ACP, etc.

The take home message is this.  In a confrontation with a criminal the two most important things are; 1) Having a gun (ANY gun).
2) Being willing to USE it right away.

Link Posted: 3/10/2006 4:12:13 AM EDT
[#14]
I think she needs some training.

"All I got to do is hold this trigger and it goes six times without stopping,"

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top